The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #8061
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
I tried a bit of Kinect Sports Rivals recently, as I never had a Kinect for the 360, and never really tried anything like it. Its neat for what it is, and when it works. The facial recognition is pretty spot-on too.

Aside from that, I got Lego Marvel for the One, and its pretty great. Especially for $17.
We have the Lego Marvel Super Heroes for the Xbox One as well and it was so good, it's definitely staying in our library. My favorite Lego game by far.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #8062
Slade
god status

I haven't been playing anything new lately. Been swapping out between WWE 2k14 and Assassin's Creed 2. I barely play my ps4.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #8063
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I downloaded Blaster Master to my 3DS from the Nintendo eShop.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:30 AM   #8064
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I guess I'll go and ask how much I get for Super Mario 3D Land in the local Gamestop. It was alright but got through it in couple of hours and I don't think I got my money's worth, even if it was just 29,99 euros. Collecting the star coins and bonus stages are just not that fun. I also wish it had been more like SM World on SNES, with an actual world and hidden secrets in it.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #8065
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

So Origin is currently offering the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection if you redeem the product code "I-LOVE-THE-SIMS". Old game, but good news for me since Sims 2 is my favourite Sims game and I was having trouble getting it to work on my Windows 8 computer. [Works just fine on 7, though...]

The free Origin download worked on Windows 8 and I've been having a blast. I've been breeding Pokémon on my X version while I play. Then again, at this point, I can play Pokémon while doing just about anything.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #8066
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I've been breeding Pokémon on my X version while I play. Then again, at this point, I can play Pokémon while doing just about anything.
Soooounds like a YouTube video!!!! Let me know after you make that one, lol.

Breeding Pokemon while eating- Check!
Breeding Pokemon while cleaning- Check!
Breeding Pokemon while riding a horse- Check!
Breeding Pokemon while reciting the constitution- Check!
Breeding Pokemon while on fire- NOT Recommended!!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #8067
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Oh my god, I totally want to do something like that. My parents have laughed for years about the fact that I can multitask and play Pokémon while doing all sorts of things.

All since Gen III man, L=A was the best option ever included. I once fell asleep while trying to hatch eggs one day and when my mom woke me up I was still turning at the right times. The path I was biking on had become muscle memory!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #8068
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm not going to bother with The Sims 2 giveaway... while it's a great thing to give away, I just would not play it so... why even bother.

I am giving The Sims 4 a serious look though. But after the new Sim City... I feel more burned than ever from EA.

I'll be trading in my copy of The Last Of Us this sunday (Gamestop's 50% off trade-in deal if you trade TLoU PS3 version in towards the PS4 version), so I'll be playing the PS4 version come tuesday and it'll only cost me $25
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #8069
Peanut
Second Gear

Why anyone would willingly play that game twice, especially so quickly, is entirely beyond my understanding.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #8070
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Why anyone would willingly play that game twice, especially so quickly, is entirely beyond my understanding.
Paying twice for it and then complaining about a free game with Mario Kart is even more mind boggling.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #8071
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Lol, really?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #8072
Peanut
Second Gear

Yes, really. It's an average TPS with bad AI, wrapped up in incredible storytelling and atmoshphere that the gameplay can't hold up to and sometimes goes out of its way to ruin.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #8073
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Fighting clickers sure was fun!

Haha, nah, it wasn't. Neither was most of the game.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #8074
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Thanks for keeping my expectations low. But it does seem like a game I'd only play once for the story and then never touch it again.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #8075
Peanut
Second Gear

It's the biggest problem with first party titles and actual genuine criticism of them. You're immediately shouted down for having any opinion about it that isn't glowing.

Look at Bioshock Infinite. It's a great game with some issues that was torn apart a month later. No one cared because it was third party. First party stuff, especially serious bullsh*t out of Sony and "hardcore" series (mostly Zelda) out of Nintendo, are critic proof to a point. Though those days seem to be closing for Nintendo. Sony, however and their abused fanbase, have come into an entirely new era in the last two years. I don't expect much from fanboys in general, but Sony fans had their egos battered for a long time and it shows.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #8076
AquaParade
Banned

I'm not aware of all that. I found the game to be a fantastic experience so I wasn't all surprised to see the majority agree.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:01 PM   #8077
Peanut
Second Gear

Play more games.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #8078
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

*Edit- I try to add stuff and like to see what others are playing/enjoying but I would have to agree that some people (read people, not just any one person) get carried away berating others with dissimilar tastes in gaming, but that seems to be a common theme in this forum, unfortunately. Just swap out comic or movie or cartoon for game. I have varied taste in gaming. I love bats**t crazy games, I love FPS, I love adventure games, I love sidescroller shoot'em ups, I love good, story driven games, I WANT to love more platformers, but my lousy jumping abilities prevent me from doing so, lol. But it is almost a guarantee that if I love a game, my husband will hate it. It is also a guarantee that if my hubby loves a game, I probably won't like it much. We just have different gaming tastes, we don't fault each other's choices. When he finds a really great JRPG and plays it for hours on end "farming" a boss, I'm happy for him- because he is enjoying the game. Could I sit there and do it? No, it would be like pulling teeth to me. (Please note that I'm not saying JRPGs are bad, I love a lot about them, but as a general rule, they just aren't my thing)

My point is, you can think someone's choice is ridiculous and they have bad taste and that's fine, that's your opinion just as it is their opinion that a game is great. But we really do need to be respectful of people enjoying a game we might not like. That's what gaming is supposed to be about anyway- enjoying the experience. Unless it's Superman for N64, then it's about rings. Lots and lots of rings.

Last edited by Dawnatello Turtle Chick; 07-28-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #8079
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
When he finds a really great JRPG and plays it for hours on end "farming" a boss, I'm happy for him- because he is enjoying the game. Could I sit there and do it? No, it would be like pulling teeth to me. (Please note that I'm not saying JRPGs are bad, I love a lot about them, but as a general rule, they just aren't my thing)
This is how I generally feel about the JRPG genre in general as well. The ones I have played that I enjoyed, I'll just replay, instead of spending money on one that I might not like. Aside from anything first-person, JRPGs are the one genre that I'm not likely to like.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #8080
Peanut
Second Gear

Lol f*ck you, Zulithe. Crybaby.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games