The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,786
How rare are Gold Shogun Don and Gold Shogun Mike?

I'm thinking Don is the rarest, as I've only seen him on e-bay once. I was thinking Mike was ultra rare, but then I got one on e-bay for a decent price. Any thoughts?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,828
Don is by far the rarest.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
TMNTGal
Mad Scientist
 
TMNTGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,061
From what I have personally seen Leo, Raph and Mike are common. I see them all the time and they never go for more than $15. I have never seen Donatello. I assume he was made since everyone else was but I don't really know.
__________________
View My Want List
TMNTGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #4
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,786
I've seen him loose on ebay as well as on myteefinestuff.com.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:16 PM   #5
Samurai
Foot Soldier
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Don is by far the rarest.
Do you have a pic of it?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #6
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist
 
wpugh2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Triceraton Republic
Posts: 1,142
I have never seen this thing and would like some proof this exists. Pics please
__________________
"Go! Move it, will ya? Aw, you're letting him blow right by ya! Can you believe this guy? Come on! Don't just...! Ninja-kick the damn rabbit! Do something!"
wpugh2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:37 PM   #7
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I have never seen this thing and would like some proof this exists. Pics please
I don’t believe a gold armor Shogun Donatello was ever produced. There were weapon variants to the silver armor Shogun Donatello, but that was it for the Shogun sub-wave.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:12 PM   #8
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I have never seen this thing and would like some proof this exists. Pics please
VaughnMichael does not mention a gold armor Shogun Donatello on this Flickr page:

https://flickr.com/photos/vaughnmich...-bCn4uc-aBZ98z
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #9
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist
 
wpugh2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Triceraton Republic
Posts: 1,142
Thanks for the help
__________________
"Go! Move it, will ya? Aw, you're letting him blow right by ya! Can you believe this guy? Come on! Don't just...! Ninja-kick the damn rabbit! Do something!"
wpugh2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #10
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Thanks for the help
You’re very welcome.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #11
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,666
Gold Shogun Donatello does not appear anywhere in the 1995 Playmates catalog.

I have yet to see a custom gold armored Shogun Donatello on Instagram either.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #12
ChicagoTMNTfan1
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 51
Shogun gold armor Donatello does not exist. Shogun gold Michelangelo does exist but is rare
ChicagoTMNTfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:49 PM   #13
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTMNTfan1 View Post
Shogun gold armor Donatello does not exist. Shogun gold Michelangelo does exist but is rare
The rarer Shogun turtle variant set was like the turtle figures in the 7th basic wave. In the 7th basic wave from 1991, there was Make My Day Leo, Hose ‘Em Down Don, and Skateboardin’ Mike. Raphael was missing from the set.

It would be neat if there were a section in your upcoming book that covered sets missing turtle variants like a Gold Shogun Don in the Shogun sub-wave and Donatello as a different Universal Monster from Dracula for the Universal Monsters series 2 sub-wave.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:09 PM   #14
ChicagoTMNTfan1
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The rarer Shogun turtle variant set was like the turtle figures in the 7th basic wave. In the 7th basic wave from 1991, there was Make My Day Leo, Hose ‘Em Down Don, and Skateboardin’ Mike. Raphael was missing from the set.

It would be neat if there were a section in your upcoming book that covered sets missing turtle variants like a Gold Shogun Don in the Shogun sub-wave and Donatello as a different Universal Monster from Dracula for the Universal Monsters series 2 sub-wave.
I do plan on mentioning some of those and why in my own opinion they were never produced.
ChicagoTMNTfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:03 PM   #15
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTMNTfan1 View Post
I do plan on mentioning some of those and why in my own opinion they were never produced.
Would you say that a gold-armored Shogun Shredder should have existed?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #16
Samurai
Foot Soldier
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 129
Make sure to mention which came with collector cards and coins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shogun Shredder with card & coin AFA 85+.jpg (93.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Shogun Mike gold armor blue AFA 85.jpg (96.4 KB, 19 views)
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:11 PM   #17
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Make sure to mention which came with collector cards and coins.
Those both had to be error figures.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:18 PM   #18
Samurai
Foot Soldier
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Those both had to be error figures.
Nope. But this one is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Warrior Winged Leonardo-Donatello miscard AFA 80.jpg (95.8 KB, 12 views)
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #19
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Nope. But this one is
Why doesn’t it say “Includes Collector Card and Coin” on the package for Shogun Shredder?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:27 PM   #20
Samurai
Foot Soldier
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Why doesn’t it say “Includes Collector Card and Coin” on the package for Shogun Shredder?
Tell me about ANY that has "Includes Collector Card and Coin” on the package.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.