The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #21
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I wondering if we should have a disclaimer in this thread saying that any and all ideas discussed in this thread we forfeit to Nickelodeon? Probably doesn't matter either way.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 02-02-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Misspelled "Nickelodeon"
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

You really think anyone from Nick is reading this thread? Or the fact that anyone from Nick would actually take any ideas from this thread?

Most likely not.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #23
oldmanwinters
Overlord

What do you think of a show with Alex Deligiannis driving the art direction? He is already involved with Nick's The Fairly Oddparents (never seen it personally). Still, he has a great love for the property and provides an interesting and modern take on the Old Cartoon's style:
http://www.alexdeligiannis.com/search/label/TMNT

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #24
Koi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
What do you think of a show with Alex Deligiannis driving the art direction? He is already involved with Nick's The Fairly Oddparents (never seen it personally). Still, he has a great love for the property and provides an interesting and modern take on the Old Cartoon's style:
A Nick artist who reads the comics? I find that a pretty cool sign for the future cartoons.

I have always love Fairly Odd parents, that show has some funny lines thrown here and their.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #25
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Here's some suggestions

1. Make it like "Wolverine and the X-men"

2. Base it loosely on the comics but don't jerk them off. Bad comic adaptations do no one any good.

3. Don't be afraid to pull from the old toon but don't go buck wild with the idea either. Turtles works as an action comedy, keep it that way.

4. CGI is horrible, avoid it.

5. Have character development. Also have storyline that connect and build to something. Villain of the week might sell toys but it will ward off any long term viewers.

6. Realize that making things "dark" does not make them good. The idea that something is "dark" and "gritty" sounds cool in concept but that doesn't add to the maturity of something. In fact often times it does the exact opposite or makes for laughably bad dialogue. Like when Leo was all "angry" in season 4.

7. Shredder is not the only villain. Kill him early or use him sparingly. He's a lot more interesting when he's not around every episode.

8. There's a huge stock pile of TMNT villains, use them. The last thing we need is someone inventing new and extremely unimaginative villains.

9. Stop making Mikey annoying. Yeah he's the "funny guy" but he's not a complete moron. Give the character some depth. He was quite mature in the comics.

10. Make it like "Wolverine and the X-men"
Old 02-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #26
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Take note of the successful action cartoons that are based on comics with longstanding history and many characters while focusing on story and character development and continuity: Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-man, Batman TAS, The Batman(a good example of rebranding the series while introducing past incarnations(Harley Quinn), Batman The Brave and the Bold, JLU...i could go on and on, but keep TMNT with these and less like classic nick toons who go more outrageous and slapstick.

As for what to put in the show? Everything! Dan posted a synopsis for Ultimate TMNT and it sounds perfect!
original TMNT
TMNT comic
Archie
Next Mutation
2k3
movie verse
Where they have to decide on is characters who appeared differently within the mythos. Shredder, Splinter,casey, april, Krang,Stockman, Karai, Leatherhead, Ratking would be the main ones.
Just because they introduce a character does not mean they need to have a huge role in the series, like in Avatar or JLU or Batman Brave and the Bold, some characters were reoccurring, while there were many important one shots. Yet, I wouldnt recommend a Tales series. Something more connected. Dragon King,Bishop, Winters, Tokka and Razzar, Armaggon can star in one episode while still getting respect.

As for characters, it does seem overwhelming that there are so many characters but I think it could work, season one introduces you to heroes and villians, the season fanalie or season 2 focusing on team ups really. TMNT has always been about family.

Id love for it to be treated like Wolverine and the X-men or JLU rather than the batman or Spectacular spider-man, we don't necessarily need origin stories for everyone.

Id like to see Ninjara, Venus, Klunk, Mutananimals, Fugitoid, Traximus, Leatherhead, Karai, Irma, Bishop, Tiger Lilly, Winters. It is a hard balance between paying tribute and copying.

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #27
Will not be censored

Tiger Lilly? Don't you mean Lotus? Tiger Lilly is from Peter Pan...
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 02-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

They should really put Armaggon in it. He's one of my favorite mutants that never appeared outside the Archie run except for in Tournament Fighters for SNES.

C'mon, he's a shark mutant from the future, what's not to love?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #29
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Stop making Mikey annoying. Yeah he's the "funny guy" but he's not a complete moron. Give the character some depth. He was quite mature in the comics.
Ka-boom! That's the biggest one for me.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #30
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
Tiger Lilly? Don't you mean Lotus? Tiger Lilly is from Peter Pan...
haha yes, Lotus, i knew it was some type of flower

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #31
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They should really put Armaggon in it. He's one of my favorite mutants that never appeared outside the Archie run except for in Tournament Fighters for SNES.

C'mon, he's a shark mutant from the future, what's not to love?
Another reason the X-men format would be killer. The future turtles and the present day turtles working from different time periods. That or just plain have episodes that take place int he future. The Archie future in general is wildly awesome and would make me orgasm in my pants if ever adapted to the screen.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #32
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The Archie future in general is wildly awesome and would make me orgasm in my pants if ever adapted to the screen.
Thank you for that image.
Quote:

Old 02-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #33
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Would you all still want Archie stuff if it's done in a different style? I doubt it'd be exactly like Allan's art, if they did it that is. Would it deter you from it?
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #34
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Would you all still want Archie stuff if it's done in a different style? I doubt it'd be exactly like Allan's art, if they did it that is. Would it deter you from it?
It wouldn't deter me. Lawson did some of the art near the end, and Talbot inked it (Archie series). I always like seeing how different artists handle the same characters.
Quote:

Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #35
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

1. Hire these guys to work on the show Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, Greg Johnson, Chris Yost and Craig Kyle. Oh and Sifu Kisu of the Harmonious Fist Chinese Athletic Association as a martial arts consultant just like he was on Avatar the Last Airbender.

2. Dump CGI I'm sure its not to late to change that direction. TV CGI just looks ugly and outside of Beast Wars and Reboot never works.

3. No goofy ass comedy like in the 80's. Why buy an action property and turn it into a comdey. Goofy slapstick is all over the network theres no point in spending money on something and turning it into the same thing thats on the network.

4. Use alot of elements from the Archie comic its pretty much the 80's toon but grown up and thats what this show needs to be. Not to mention you got tons of characters to use in the Archie comic that would also work well as toys. Hell if the show is popular you can give a spinoff maybe that Mutanimals spinoff could finally happen.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #36
jaymq
Hench Mutant

All I really got to 'suggest' is... Don't Do CGI.

Last edited by jaymq; 02-08-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: 100 posts.
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #37
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
2. Dump CGI I'm sure its not to late to change that direction. TV CGI just looks ugly and outside of Beast Wars and Reboot never works.
Uh, Clone Wars?

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #38
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
We could only hope to be that lucky. Those designs are awesome. Although really, unless they really step up the budget, any traditional animation is going to be better in action than CGI.

I mean, CGI can work. But I've never seen anything halfway decent come out of Nick.

Also, suggestion: If it's going to be a standard action cartoon, give the Turtles a respectable group of super villains. Throw in some Slash, some Viral, and some Complete Carnage if you have to.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #39
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
We could only hope to be that lucky. Those designs are awesome. Although really, unless they really step up the budget, any traditional animation is going to be better in action than CGI.

I mean, CGI can work. But I've never seen anything halfway decent come out of Nick.
Have you seen Fanboy and Chum Chum?

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #40
Koi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Have you seen Fanboy and Chum Chum?
I love that show! And their are good/bad CGI in it.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick