The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #81
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Saw the preview while watching "A Foot Too Big" on Sunday. Looks like it'll be awesome.

Kraang Foot? Now that WOULD be neat.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #82
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Is that image on the van taken from (or inspired by) a real thing? Clever way to pay tribute to Venus without adding her (phew).
It's based on the Pin-ups used on military vehicles from WWII and was first used on this
Old 12-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #83
Davetello
Banned

Return to New York looks immense - can't wait.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #84
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
It's based on the Pin-ups used on military vehicles from WWII and was first used on this
Ah, ty, explains why that pic looked like it was of something real. Cool that they included it in the show.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #85
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Turtle View Post
Shredder made an alliance with Kraang Prime, remember?
I remember. But with the city in the hands of the Kraang, I wonder what reason they have to continue that alliance. Unless Shredder still has something to offer.

It's strange in a way that Shredder now lives in a fully mutated and occupied city.

Last edited by JH24; 12-31-2014 at 11:19 AM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #86
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Shredder wants Kraang Prime to restore Karai back, so that's why he's still in an alliance with the Kraang.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:34 PM   #87
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Shredder wants Kraang Prime to restore Karai back, so that's why he's still in an alliance with the Kraang.
I can't wait to see that alliance shattered. I was recently re-watching Invasion and I loved when Tiger Claw was like,"You know they're going to betray us eventually, master." I'd like to see how Shredder comes out on top because it's a sure bet he's gonna. I suppose he'll just let the turtles do his work for him, but I'd love to see him trashing some Kraang before their storyline is wrapped up.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #88
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'm pretty sure he will trash some Kraang. It's inevitable given his temper. But I think right now he's going to want to get rid of the Turtles once they return. Still can't wait for the Leo vs. Shredder fight.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #89
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Well. I hope the upcoming stuff is good.

I have really really disliked season 3 so far. To the point where I just get sorta bummed when I think of the show.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #90
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
I remember. But with the city in the hands of the Kraang, I wonder what reason they have to continue that alliance. Unless Shredder still has something to offer.

It's strange in a way that Shredder now lives in a fully mutated and occupied city.
I'm sure the deal they worked out included Shredder and all his underlings will remain unharmed during the Kraang Occupation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
I can't wait to see that alliance shattered. I was recently re-watching Invasion and I loved when Tiger Claw was like,"You know they're going to betray us eventually, master." I'd like to see how Shredder comes out on top because it's a sure bet he's gonna. I suppose he'll just let the turtles do his work for him, but I'd love to see him trashing some Kraang before their storyline is wrapped up.
And it probably won't even be for altruistic reasons, like when villains sometimes, at the last minute, have a spark of goodness and humanity to defeat the MAIN villain, since Shredder made it quite clear he's perfectly okay with the world burning.

He'll probably take Prime out for completely selfish reasons, and I'm a-okay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Well. I hope the upcoming stuff is good.

I have really really disliked season 3 so far. To the point where I just get sorta bummed when I think of the show.
Oh it is so great to be on the "love what we're being given while a select few complain about it" side for once.

More horror episodes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:21 PM   #91
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What if they pooled their resources & created Kraang foot? Ninjas with alien tummies. That'd be neat.

Don't give them any ideas!!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:59 AM   #92
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Don't give them any ideas!!
Has anyone noticed that new enemies usually only are hard to defeat in their debut episode? Foot robots used to be impossible to defeat, and now they get destroyed so easily.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:13 AM   #93
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
Has anyone noticed that new enemies usually only are hard to defeat in their debut episode? Foot robots used to be impossible to defeat, and now they get destroyed so easily.
Yeah, and the same thing ended up happening to the guy in your avatar(s). He started out awesome, and then the next time he showed up it was in Wormquake, and he was already severely nerfed. Tigerclaw is the only one that doesn't seem overly nerfed, but that might be because he's still kept as second in command.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #94
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah they should probably have handled it better. I guess when they introduce a new enemy they feel a need to make it seem like a real threat right away, but without really thinking about the fact that the turtles can't have recurring near-invincible enemies.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #95
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yes, very true. I just can't wait to see what else they throw at us.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #96
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Yeah, and the same thing ended up happening to the guy in your avatar(s). He started out awesome, and then the next time he showed up it was in Wormquake, and he was already severely nerfed. Tigerclaw is the only one that doesn't seem overly nerfed, but that might be because he's still kept as second in command.
Might also be because Ciro seems like he's a cat person. I do remember him saying in some interview or another that he and Auman like big cats. I seriously can't argue with that. I take orders from my cats all the time, so I guess I'm also sort of a minion. Although I'd like to see Rahzar kick major butt. Loved him in Lonely Mutation, Kabuto, Vengeance is Mine, and Invasion. I think he's supposed to be in Vision Quest, so can't wait to see him. TC too.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #97
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That seems to happen a lot in this show, but for a lot of enemies, it's because the Turtles discover their weakness in their debut episodes. The Footbots are easily defeated because (if you look super closely) you can see the Turtles are basically jumping around and doing things they've never done in the series before, because that's their weakness: be unpredictable. Of course, sometimes this doesn't make any sense. Like Rahzar for example, who doesn't seem to have a weakness, yet he's still easily beaten for some reason.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #98
newhire13
Hench Mutant

It's because the turtles become better fighters as the show goes on. They learn and adapt. For example there's no way Season 1 Leo would have survived what Season 2 Leo went through. Season 3 Leo is gonna be an even better fighter.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #99
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Oh it is so great to be on the "love what we're being given while a select few complain about it" side for once.

More horror episodes!
Man. Gonna keep going with that? Alright Whatever.

I am interested in seeing Bebop and Rocksteady and how they're portrayed. My only real hope since the show seems to be returning to story mode and not filler stuff is that the Donatello/April stuff is downplayed a bit more.

I'm not one of those 'Ew gross' people but in the bigfoot episode and the tail end of season 2 I kinda found myself bored to the point of annoyance with it. It's spinning it's wheels and it feels like the writing team is terrified to make a move in any direction. So yeah. I'm interested but not really 'excited' since the beginning of the season really took me out of it.

I mean the Vision Quest stuff SOUNDS cool but I can't shake feeling like it'll be a one episode thing and the characters won't really evolve in any meaningful way from it. I thought the whole Dimension X thing with Mikey was going to be an interesting turn for the character but it snapped back to default almost immediately. I don't hate it but it's alittle like...eh I don't know.

@~<3 Mom~@

Last edited by The Stryker; 01-01-2015 at 10:04 AM.
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #100
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think the main problem with the show is its so dependent on mutants and the Kraang that the writers probably don't know what to do without them.

Rather bizarre, as the 4kids series came up with so many storylines outside of the Mirage adaptions that didn't include mutant of the week.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nick