The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #21
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Not interested, anyone whose tried haven't taken the time to figure out why said formula works, they're just trying to copy it and are failing miserably (Looking at you WB/DC) And with how much crowd backlash these movies get I doubt anyone would line up to see it let alone even a third other than really dedicated fans of the first two. There is simply no profit to be made.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:20 AM   #22
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think people are getting too excited with the "Shared Universe" popularity created by the MCU and don't realize it's not that easy. If the reboot TMNT movies couldn't even get to a third entry why would they try to make a universe out of it?

Also people are mistaking why it worked for say Marvel, if you think about it all these superheroes were their own comic series' and eventually they had crossovers, same with DC or say the Universal Monsters. You had many A-listers who could handle their own book later set in the same universe. TMNT is the only "A-lister", anyone else getting a spin-off (as cool as a Casey Jones movie would be) does not make it a "cinematic universe" it would just be a spin-off that have been popular way before Marvel even started making movies. So the question is more of a "should TMNT have spin-off movies?" well I'd love it but if the main heroes can't hit it big the minor characters certainly won't.
Technically, Universal Monsters did it first all the way back in the 40s. "House of Dracula" and "House of Frankenstein" for example were movies that brought them all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB
Totally, the TMNT movie series could relaunch, then a Fugitoid series, then a Gizmo series, then a Bioneers series, then a Justice Force series ala Guardians of the Galaxy, then a big Avengers type crossover movie series begins that crosses them all over while they take on Galactose!

Wait, no. That's a horrid idea. Would never and should never happen.
Eh, I'd watch it. But, I'd probably be the only one. They could also throw in a Mighty Mutanimals movie and a Conservation Corps. movie too. (I know that's Archie Universe and not MIrage, but MM is the closest thing there's been to another significant Mirage property that TMNT share a universe with.)

I'd also watch a Bebop and Rocksteady movie that's done as a Road-trip buddy comedy too, so take that in account.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
Eh, I'd watch it. But, I'd probably be the only one. They could also throw in a Mighty Mutanimals movie
That's what I was trying to avoid.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote