The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #41
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Well.... didn't you read the first page of this topic? It's all about the Goku Black arc which is the 4th major arc of the series while the dub is barely showing episode 3 this weekend.
Of course not, trying to avoid spoilers here. I'll take the hint.

As you were, guys.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 01-20-2017 at 09:35 AM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man, some of you know nothing about Dragonball. Try going to kazenshuu, the main Dragonball fan forums. Everyone there will school you on Dragonball history, its characters and what the franchise is really about.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #43
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man, some of you know nothing about Dragonball. Try going to kazenshuu, the main Dragonball fan forums. Everyone there will school you on Dragonball history, its characters and what the franchise is really about.
You're hilarious, Cubed. Don't ever stop being yourself. Although I do hope this post wasn't aimed at me.

PS. I was a member there for quite some time, under a different name. Nice to know it's still going.

I'm seriously considering signing up again now...

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 01-21-2017 at 12:23 PM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #44
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
all things aside, i'm totally digging this iteration of the DB universe. I'll watch the English Dub on Funimation soon enough, but for now, I'm enjoying it on Crunchyroll

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Go there right now, there's always interesting discussion going on about all the sagas, all the characters, and behind the scenes facts of Toriyama, the manga, the anime, etc:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/

They also have weekly review threads for Super. Only decent place on the internet to discuss Dragonball without fanboys or young kids who grew up only watching the dub.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:57 AM   #46
Allio
Foot Elite

huh

can't tell you what surprises me more

Bozo the clown is a god of destruction
or that we get a female broly

I will be disappointed if she doesn't shoutout senpai

Last edited by Allio; 01-22-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:14 AM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
huh

A clown God with a girl with pigtails. Hmmmm.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #48
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
huh

female brolly, what?

I've been waiting forever to see a female SSJ (kind of got close when it looked like videl powered up to SSJ during the Super God arc at the start),,

I don't want to see a retcon of the most pointless villain ever.

where can we find images and info of all these spoilers? so far i like what we'ves een.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, now you're complaining about Dragonball, Vegita-San? Do you like anything anymore?

The new character designs are great. Very Toriyama inspired. A female Broly being introduced in canon is like Toriyama trolling the fanbase and I love it.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #50
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
A clown God with a girl with pigtails. Hmmmm.
his name will probably be based on Booze/bozo
Old 01-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #51
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
You guys make me sick. Goku's Japanese VA is a legend. I've watched all of Super in Japanese so far and she sounds fine, and this is coming from someone who grew up with the dub when I was a kid/teen.
Didn't know she was still doing it. I get why they kept her to voice Goku, even after he grew up...to keep emphasizing how pure of heart he is and how innocent he still is personality wise. I felt that was the other reason why they did that for Gohan. Can't really say about Goten.

Anyway, what is Super about? I keep saying I'm going to check it out, but never think about it until this thread pops up.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #52
Vegita-San
Emperor

Basically toriyama's frig you to hollywood for giving us the horrid dragonball evolution.

it's not bad for the most part, but it's not as epic as dragonball Z.

I'm glad they put in more comedy though.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post

Anyway, what is Super about? I keep saying I'm going to check it out, but never think about it until this thread pops up.
Super is pretty good but the first 25ish episodes are just episode adaptions of the recent two movies. It has really poor animation too at the start and the movies were stretched out into episodes.

Most people just watch Movie 14 and 15 (Beerus movie, and Return of Freeza), then start the series at episode 28 when the new material starts.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #54
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Didn't know she was still doing it. I get why they kept her to voice Goku, even after he grew up...to keep emphasizing how pure of heart he is and how innocent he still is personality wise. I felt that was the other reason why they did that for Gohan. Can't really say about Goten.

People assume you've already seen the movies, so I'll do a better job explaining.

Dragonball Super takes place some years after the defeat of Majin Buu at the end of DBZ but BEFORE they met Uub in the final episodes. It starts when the God of Destruction, Beerus awakens to find and challenge the Super Saiyan God. As the series continues both Goku and Vegeta gain the powers of the Gods, and the existence of different universes, each with their own versions of Gods of Destruction and other deities, are explained and explored, including the existence of planet sized Dragonballs called Super Dragonballs. The world of Dragonball basically gets a much larger scope as later sagas explore these different universes and different characters.

It's a lot more enjoyable without seeing the movies (even though the movies were better). The episodes do flesh out the characters and explain more things here and there, and if you've never seen the movies, you're not sitting back impatiently saying 'come on, get on with it... get these parts over with' and just enjoy the series more as a whole.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Or people can simply skip the movie adaptions, which started at episode 3 and go to episode 27.

Watch the fillers inbetween though, oddly enough nearly all the fillers in Super have been great.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Or people can simply skip the movie adaptions, which started at episode 3 and go to episode 27.

Watch the fillers inbetween though, oddly enough nearly all the fillers in Super have been great.
I'm pretty sure she can do whatever she wants and watch them however she wants.

I did like the movie adaptation episodes just fine, bad animation aside. It did flesh things out more and I liked how they showed some of Freeza's training, which was exactly what I was hoping for when I found out they were adapting the movies into episodes. I mean, I knew there was going to be new stuff afterwards, so I didn't mind waiting.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

They're the low point of Super though. Rehashed from the movies with worse animation. It's why Super had such a bad reception when it first started.

However after they end the quality of Super skyrockets. The animation improved tremendously, the Champa tournament was decent, the Zamasu arc was good, the fillers have been great, and the upcoming tournament looks interesting.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #58
Slade
god status

I will say one thing about the animation. Sometimes it's great, other times, its total trash. At times it doesn't have that Toriyama/Dragonball feel.

Anyway, I'm ready for the dub to get to he Future Trunks arc.

This tournament coming up seems a little interesting, but at the same time, I'm not thrilled.

Also, man that "female Broly", I'm not excited about. I see a Lt of people saying she will be from Universe 6. I don't see how that could be the case since Cabba didn't know what an Ssj was? Also, it will be hilarious if she turns out to be a troll and not actually a Saiyan.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:54 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

As long as the other main characters outside of Goku/Vegeta get good fights, I'm fine. Bringing back all the older main characters for a tournament and not having them do anything or lose their fights quickly will piss a lot of people off.

I feel this next arc will "make or break" Super as a whole. Some goodwill was earned back with the Zamasu arc, but this next saga has to be good or else Super won't be remembered fondly.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #60
Slade
god status

Well they're going to be fighting in pairs/teams. So there should be some really good fights. I hope 17 and 18 get to team up. Goku and Gohan, Gohan and Piccolo. Hell maybe even Vegeta and Piccolo.

And you could be right about this arc making it or breaking, but at the same time, dragonball has a huge following, there's a ton of people who will watch no matter what they do.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote