The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-29-2017, 12:50 PM   #21
Allio
Foot Elite

There is one rumor that this is a fully fledge Godzilla clone Biollate
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #22
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The Latest Godzilla is Three Times the Size of its Predecessors!

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:34 PM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yes, I read about this back in October because it's when it was supposed to come out on Netflix but they changed their plans. Apparently now Netflix can air it after the Cinema release in Japan is done, it will be a trilogy and fans didn't like it very much.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #24
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

This is being released on Netflix on January 17th.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:55 PM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Who else watched the first Anime Godzilla film?

Going in I was unsure, a Godzilla anime was awesome but the premise I was not convinced on all the plot details we were getting or some of the artwork but I decided to not keep up with the movie a lot.

I do not like the Godzilla design too much, it seems like a big version of the horrible 2014 Godzilla design even if better than 2014 it's too similar. The CG/Animated look I have mixed feelings on, it does look bad at times and great in others, but I can forgive that. The English dub is fairly good as well.

The story takes a long time to get to earth, like 50 minutes in before we get any real Godzilla action but it's just set up like an interesting sci-fi story that I didn't mind at all.

I wasn't expecting it to be so Godzilla light but since there are two other movies I guess it makes sense. This is apparently going to be shown as a 12 episode anime series eventually.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:31 PM   #26
Allio
Foot Elite

Since this is Gen Urubutcher I expect Kaiju in the films to be evolved/mutated humans.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:29 AM   #27
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Poster, Plot Details and Title for Toho’s ‘Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters’ Sequel
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...nsters-sequel/

Old 04-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #28
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 07-18-2018, 07:48 PM   #29
Allio
Foot Elite

2nd Godzilla film is out
Old 07-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #30
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This dropped fast, only two months after the theatrical release, much faster than the first. Hopefully the third part drops just as fast, it comes out in November in theaters so maybe by January?

Again like the first film Godzilla isn't a big focus but the human quest is interesting enough that I don't mind or care much for the Godzilla story. It got a bit boring near the final act. .The twins were waifu material, were they a reference to the Mothra twins? MechaGodzilla City? Oh hell yeah.

I still like the celshaded CG anime look it has. Godzilla is still like a big ugly version of the 2014 American Godzilla but more boring. I do like the rock like texture he has, too bad the battle is kinda boring and the final battle is lackluster, it gets pretty weird but never as interesting as the first films ending.

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters - Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle

Spoiler:
Ghidorah for Movie 3

Last edited by sdp; 07-19-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #31
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Saw the third movie, it's easily the weirdest one of the 3. The first hour or so is humans talking and mostly setting up King Ghidorah which even with the weird God of another universe origin they give him here it is set up well and it works. It's cool to see that giant force of nature godzilla fight something else and the way the fight goes with the rules works well enough for this universe. They even somehow got a Mothra cameo that made sense and a slightly better origin for Godzilla and what was happening in the last 2 films, sort of. Ending isn't the best but I'm not angry. Weird trilogy of anime movies, unsure how I feel about them, I liked some of the things but too much nonsensical stuff in between to ever really like it. Godzilla looking so unnatural and not living is cool, weird future human native sex scenes. Secret ending and unavoidable future were both weird.