The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 52 77.61%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2021, 04:17 PM   #41
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I got my first dose in March and then my second one in April.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:33 PM   #42
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
...But when are these vaccines being implemented? The point is, is that you don't vaccinate during a pandemic.

Quote:
The only thing the COVID vaccine does so far is symptomatic mitigation.
Which is what all vaccines do, aside from just this one. They aren't cures, they're protection from serious illness, hopefully all signs of illness.

Quote:
With this vaccination using novel mRNA insertion, and rushing a vaccination that normally takes 5-10 years to develop and study, doesn't give the appropriate time to study the long-term effects of this vaccine.
I doubt hardly anyone could say that they were not leery about it, esp after how fast they pushed it out there. In December, I was still skeptical, but I was in a way also kind of glad that given my age I probably wouldn't even be able to get it until at least April anyhow, creating an automatic wait time to see how it goes. After several months, few problems, the hospital and death rates actually going down, three family members who were able to get it sooner turning out just fine... yeah, by the time April got here I was OKAY with it. (Still terrified of needles, but willing.)

I can't say I'm not still a little skeptical of them rushing it. BUT. These mRNA type vaccines also already come on top of DECADES of research that was put into them. That it was to the point now that it could be put to use is fortunate, else there would be whole lot fewer vaccines available and that would be a problem. They went through trials, found ones that worked (while others failed), and no serious issues have come up in the months they've been given out.

The only real difference between these mRNA types and the traditional sorts like the J&J is that the J&J uses the body of another virus (deactivated) to deliver the info to your cells and the mRNA do not, they use a lipid coating. Other than that, they do the same thing... tell the cells to create those spike proteins so the body will fight it and make antibodies. (Heck, it was J&J, the traditional sort, that gave some people blood clots, not the new ones!)

Everyone has the right to decide this on their own. I may have my own feelings on the refusal of healthy people who have no physiological conflicts and refuse to step up, but it's their right to decide, in their own time, if ever. But the conspiracy and misinformation bulls*** needs to stop.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-20-2021 at 06:22 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:14 AM   #43
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Did you read it? It does not say the vaccine would cause it, if that's what you're suggesting... All that article really talks about is concern over the timing of getting a 2nd dose and when people were, at that time, questioning if it was a better strategy to spread available doses out to get more people partly vaccinated sooner, instead of having 2nd doses on hold.
This has been the UK Government's policy since the vaccine initially rolled out, get as many people as possible first jabbed, hence the 12 week delay originally between jabs. While that was shown to be fortunately an effective solution for the AZ jab (they really didn't know at the start until research was done to show the immunity levels increased with a larger gap between jabs) and powerful against the Alpha variant, one jab is way less effective against the Delta by comparison, so the timescales are now being compressed to get more people second jabbed asap. And all over 18s can now book too.

I'm not saying its been a perfect rollout, there have been flaws, but it's been way more effective and proficient that many of the Government's other decisions during the pandemic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
The only thing the COVID vaccine does so far is symptomatic mitigation. With this vaccination using novel mRNA insertion, and rushing a vaccination that normally takes 5-10 years to develop and study, doesn't give the appropriate time to study the long-term effects of this vaccine.
The Pfizer jab is mRNA, the AZ one is a traditional weakened strain type jab, which is what the majority of people in the UK have been getting.

Considering I know people (including my missus) who work in vaccine and treatment research... a lot of the "time" spent getting a new drug or whatever to market is where not a lot happens. You're raising money, you're developing, you're testing... but there's often huge gaps between those stages while the minutae are sorted out. The money was already there from world Governments for starters.

Yes I will concede that the sheer numbers of people that the Covid vaccines have been trialled on have been lower than the usual numbers recruited. And that indeed long term effects are less defined, albeit that we already know potential effects from other SARS vaccines in the past, and that short term effects are normally way more severe than the longer term ones, which have been analysed and studied during the process.

The potential side effects overall from the vaccines are way less severe than potentially what you can suffer if you get Covid so... lesser of two evils time.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:58 AM   #44
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

The potential side effects overall from the vaccines are way less severe than potentially what you can suffer if you get Covid so... lesser of two evils time.
I would think the previously healthy that are now dead or disabled would disagree with you. Covid is mild. The media made it out to be far more serious than it was or ever will be in order to shut down the economy. Its no worse than the flu, except slightly more catchy than the flu, if you're old & already sick.

Zero people I know first hand for sure had it. No one I know first hand died from it. The few people who think they had it, had it prior to February last year. One person I know thinks she had it 3 times and it barely bothered her for more than 48 hours, like the flu. Very few people I know first hand have been vaxxed, second hand more died from the vaxx than got sick from covid.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:27 AM   #45
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I would think the previously healthy that are now dead or disabled would disagree with you. Covid is mild. The media made it out to be far more serious than it was or ever will be in order to shut down the economy. Its no worse than the flu, except slightly more catchy than the flu, if you're old & already sick.

Zero people I know first hand for sure had it. No one I know first hand died from it. The few people who think they had it, had it prior to February last year. One person I know thinks she had it 3 times and it barely bothered her for more than 48 hours, like the flu. Very few people I know first hand have been vaxxed, second hand more died from the vaxx than got sick from covid.

Yes. The media and the rest of the world WANTED every country's economies to shut down. They wanted millions of people to put everything on hold just to inconvenience you, and to make us all sit at home, for- what, exactly? So the entire world economy to grind to a halt? So billionaires and giant corporations would lose money and half the world would be out of work or homeless, thus not spending what money they might still have?

Please. They didn't make it out to be so serious for no reason. Millions were(and some still are) getting seriously ill or even dying, and we STILL don't know the final long-term effects of this virus on survivors. Some can say "it was only people with preexisting conditions", as if that makes it ok for those people to suffer debilitating symptoms, or die, but the truth is, there were plenty of younger, otherwise healthy people who died from it, too. Including doctors and nurses who were treating others for it!

It truly galls me to see the level of disregard for the lives and wellbeing of others we've seen since this pandemic began. People who were living, breathing human beings, who might otherwise have contributed something to the world, or who were simply good, loving, and decent dead for no better reason than someone was "inconvenienced" by a mask or sitting at home for a few weeks. Makes you wonder if humanity is even worth saving at all, given how cold and inhumane so many of us have become. Might have just been better off if this thing's mortality rate had been 100%. Give nature a chance to start over.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:21 AM   #46
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I've got the first shot this morning. No side-effects so far.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:09 AM   #47
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Yes. The media and the rest of the world WANTED every country's economies to shut down. They wanted millions of people to put everything on hold just to inconvenience you, and to make us all sit at home, for- what, exactly? So the entire world economy to grind to a halt? So billionaires and giant corporations would lose money and half the world would be out of work or homeless, thus not spending what money they might still have?

Please. They didn't make it out to be so serious for no reason. Millions were(and some still are) getting seriously ill or even dying, and we STILL don't know the final long-term effects of this virus on survivors. Some can say "it was only people with preexisting conditions", as if that makes it ok for those people to suffer debilitating symptoms, or die, but the truth is, there were plenty of younger, otherwise healthy people who died from it, too. Including doctors and nurses who were treating others for it!

It truly galls me to see the level of disregard for the lives and wellbeing of others we've seen since this pandemic began. People who were living, breathing human beings, who might otherwise have contributed something to the world, or who were simply good, loving, and decent dead for no better reason than someone was "inconvenienced" by a mask or sitting at home for a few weeks. Makes you wonder if humanity is even worth saving at all, given how cold and inhumane so many of us have become. Might have just been better off if this thing's mortality rate had been 100%. Give nature a chance to start over.....
First paragraph is exactly correct, even tho you're joking... it saddens me to see people so willing to poison themselves over this, to blindly believe big pharma and kill their own loved ones, elderly & the young over lies & manipulations of the worlds governments who are only out for power.

Facts show its only about 6% of the listed "MSM" covid deaths as dying from just covid, which is less deadly than the typical flu. Then once you remove all the folks who died from being forced into old folks homes causing those deaths, the actual numbers would have been much lower. Those older folks only died due to the governors forcing them to share space with confirmed sick people.

Please wake up before its too late.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:26 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
First paragraph is exactly correct, even tho you're joking... it saddens me to see people so willing to poison themselves over this, to blindly believe big pharma and kill their own loved ones, elderly & the young over lies & manipulations of the worlds governments who are only out for power.

Facts show its only about 6% of the listed "MSM" covid deaths as dying from just covid, which is less deadly than the typical flu. Then once you remove all the folks who died from being forced into old folks homes causing those deaths, the actual numbers would have been much lower. Those older folks only died due to the governors forcing them to share space with confirmed sick people.

Please wake up before its too late.
sadly it may be too late for many, if they haven’t woken up after dr. fauci’s emails were leaked, then it seems kinda hopeless. mainstream media narrative is very powerful.

this wuhan virus was a 100% political “election infection” to help deep state fraud, dr. fauci basically caused the whole thing funding wuhan, and now they wanna make money off the vaccines. hydroxychloroquine was mentioned as a cure last year, but the media censored the hell out of it and just now recently they are admitting it is actually 200% effective on ventilator patients. biggest SCAMDEMIC in history.

the day our elected officials hid the efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine, it confirmed they would kill us to beat President Trump. never forget the evil we are fighting.

the social stigma is still there, even after our commiefornia governor newsom lifted the mask MANdate, still see people walking around outside with face coverings, these people are in a cult, fully vaxxed and still hiding their face...creepy!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #49
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I'm not sure if I actually qualify to answer this, but technically, I have received it. I joined the vaccine study back in December and received my second shot in January.

After setting up vaccine appointments for my parents, and our family friend that we help out who has glaucoma, I received a date to get the Pfizer vaccine through the health facility that I go to. They put me on it because I've been doing a lot of medical visits lately and they were offering the vaccines to those in their system. Due to this, I had to get my study unblinded to see if I'd received the vaccine or the placebo. It turned out that I had. It was recommended, though, that I get the antibody test to see how the vaccine affected me or if I'd built up those antibodies and seems it did. So cancelled out the other appointment. If the long-term antibodies hadn't been present, I would have taken it since I would have eventually since I'm in the stages to get surgery. I'll probably check it again, though, in July. Curious.

It's also nice not having to get tested all the time, like when I had to fly to Kentucky a few weeks ago to help out a family member. For where I had to go in Kentucky, we had to do the rapid COVID test, but since I had proof of being vaccinated and I keep my antibody test results on me, I didn't have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
still see people walking around outside with face coverings, these people are in a cult, fully vaxxed and still hiding their face...creepy!
Ours have been lifted too, but I still wear a mask. I'm glad we can now. I wear the mask in the way I did while living in Japan. I get allergies a lot, so while in Japan, I wore a mask a lot. Over there, it's like if you have a sneeze, a cough, runny nose, a fever, etc., you're generally wearing a mask to lower the spread of germs. It wasn't mandated, it was just common courtesy to those around you.

I have seen people still wearing masks, but it's no skin off my nose. It's their choice if they want to wear one or not. My mother doesn't. My father does (but mostly at dialysis) since he does have his health issues. I don't understand why people get upset if they do see people wearing masks even after the mandates have been lifted.

Last edited by ssjup81; 06-22-2021 at 12:27 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:24 PM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Might have just been better off if this thing's mortality rate had been 100%. Give nature a chance to start over.....
You know we're good friends in spite of our many disagreements but statements like this are 100% of the reason why people turn around and say nasty things to you. It's like dog-whistling them. This part of the comment wasn't necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
this wuhan virus was a 100% political “election infection” to help deep state fraud, dr. fauci basically caused the whole thing funding wuhan, and now they wanna make money off the vaccines. hydroxychloroquine was mentioned as a cure last year, but the media censored the hell out of it and just now recently they are admitting it is actually 200% effective on ventilator patients. biggest SCAMDEMIC in history.

the day our elected officials hid the efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine, it confirmed they would kill us to beat President Trump.
I thought that was kinda weird too. Like about a year ago all the mainstream American news sources were like "Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work!" but yet I'd also read comments from people who'd been hospitalized with Covid symptoms and had been given... Hydroxychloroquine. And in other countries it seemed like they were using it an awful lot. It really did/does seem like all of that was part of the "Stop Trump at any cost!" initiative.

Like, they swore Hydroxychloroquine didn't work; now they're saying it does (or "might"), and some places were using it the whole time.

They swore the virus "couldn't possibly" have come out of the Wuhan lab; now they're very quietly saying "Uh, yeah, turns out it kinda did, more than likely. Whoops."

There's been so many lies and so much disinformation coming out of this whole fiasco it's a wonder anybody knows what to believe.

But one thing I know is that anyone who'd say with a straight face "There's no way the government (of ANY country) would let people die just to push forward some abstract agenda"... that person has no idea how governments work.

I'unno. Masks are mostly off over here, thank God.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:29 PM   #51
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
My mate Jason would tell you to shut the **** up and eat a bag of dicks... if he didn’t decide his suffering was too much after 14 months and chose to die.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-died-12336139

I know roughly 20 people who have had Covid, several have been hospitalised. Thankfully, or not so really because one is still too many, Jason is the only person I know to have died due to it.

You really don’t get it, do you, you conspiracy wielding ****tard. Several people I know, and several work colleagues of my missus, are researching, developing and fighting Covid in a number of ways. It’s like the moon landings, they really happened because covering it up would have been impossible and Russia has never said it didn’t think they happened. It’s too large to be this “non event” in your eyes.

The rate of death from Covid vaccine administration in the US from the latest figures I could find puts it at 0.0017%. About 1 in 60000, roughly the chance of dying from a bee sting. To put that into perspective, getting hit by lightning is four times as likely, it’s not really that significant. Condolences to those who have died from receiving the vaccine though.

Quote:
Not everyone who had Covid died due to Covid, I will grant you that. But it’s in the same vein that most people who had AIDS/HIV don’t die from that, they die from something that suffering from AIDS makes them far weaker to respond to, such as pneumonia. That’s why Covid is listed, they died from something they would have survived otherwise had they not also had Covid.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:45 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
They swore the virus "couldn't possibly" have come out of the Wuhan lab; now they're very quietly saying "Uh, yeah, turns out it kinda did, more than likely. Whoops."
They're like, "We're conducting an investigation." But if you dig a little bit into it... it's literally just "us" politely asking Wuhan questions and us assuming they're telling the truth at every chance. Which is insane.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:13 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I have seen people still wearing masks, but it's no skin off my nose. It's their choice if they want to wear one or not. My mother doesn't. My father does (but mostly at dialysis) since he does have his health issues. I don't understand why people get upset if they do see people wearing masks even after the mandates have been lifted.
masks make me uncomfortable now the person wearing the mask always looks mad and oppressed being muzzled, i feel like they give me dirty looks for not wearing one. it also bothers me that people still wear them after the MANdate was lifted, cause they are contributing to the normalization of masks by carrying out the false narrative that they are superheroes saving lives by wearing a dirty germ infested face diaper, obeying the corrupt tyrannical global elite government like good little sheeple. and yes i still see people driving alone in the car with a mask and or face shield.

Quote:
I thought that was kinda weird too. Like about a year ago all the mainstream American news sources were like "Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work!" but yet I'd also read comments from people who'd been hospitalized with Covid symptoms and had been given... Hydroxychloroquine. And in other countries it seemed like they were using it an awful lot. It really did/does seem like all of that was part of the "Stop Trump at any cost!" initiative.

Like, they swore Hydroxychloroquine didn't work; now they're saying it does (or "might"), and some places were using it the whole time.

There's been so many lies and so much disinformation coming out of this whole fiasco it's a wonder anybody knows what to believe.

But one thing I know is that anyone who'd say with a straight face "There's no way the government (of ANY country) would let people die just to push forward some abstract agenda"... that person has no idea how governments work.

yup, pretty much all the stuff that was being questioned last year, they are now being forced to admit the truth about it. even just a couple months ago dr. fauci was still saying things like “we may need to wear masks well into 2022” things like that. then his emails were leaked and that completely changed the whole covid narrative, the cdc instantly changes their mask guidance and now dr fauci is hiding. even barnes&noble and amazon stopped selling dr fauci’s book after the email scandal. big government is only easing restrictions now cause they got caught lying about everything.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:14 PM   #54
Leo656
The Franchise

AND they're easing restrictions at the exact same time the new Super-DUPER variant strain is supposedly on its way. Very curious.

If Trump were still in office they'd be telling everyone to wear three masks and board up their windows. But it's Biden, and they can't afford to cut any more Stimulus checks, so it's "Okay, yeah, new strain coming, maybe... but go ahead and take your masks off and start going back to work and concerts and stuff again. Should be fine, probably."

It's like George Carlin once said about the medical industry as a whole: "Nobody knows jack sh*t, it's all guesswork in a white coat."

Old 06-22-2021, 07:30 PM   #55
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
You know we're good friends in spite of our many disagreements but statements like this are 100% of the reason why people turn around and say nasty things to you. It's like dog-whistling them. This part of the comment wasn't necessary.

I am past caring what those clowns think. That part of the comment was made as an observation of just how DEPRESSINGLY rotten our society has become. People literally willing to sacrifice others lives over a little "inconvenience" to themselves because they can't go get their nails done, or because they can't go to a golf course or to a strip bar. It truly sickens me that people have become so selfish and and coldhearted that they no longer even care whether their actions affect or harm others. IS humanity worth saving? The more I see of the current state of the world, the more I start to believe the answer is- not really. We've turned into a pack of snarling dogs fighting over scraps, and collectively, we've just lost our human kindness and goodness. A few shining lights here and there, sure, but the darkness just keeps growing. And nobody even cares. That's what I mean when I said that. And I stand by what I believe is true.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:49 PM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hydroxychloroquine has been being prescribed by doctors for 50+ years. It wasn't dangerous until the media decided they know better than doctors and also Orange Man Bad.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:53 PM   #57
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
I am past caring what those clowns think. That part of the comment was made as an observation of just how DEPRESSINGLY rotten our society has become. People literally willing to sacrifice others lives over a little "inconvenience" to themselves because they can't go get their nails done, or because they can't go to a golf course or to a strip bar. It truly sickens me that people have become so selfish and and coldhearted that they no longer even care whether their actions affect or harm others. IS humanity worth saving? The more I see of the current state of the world, the more I start to believe the answer is- not really. We've turned into a pack of snarling dogs fighting over scraps, and collectively, we've just lost our human kindness and goodness. A few shining lights here and there, sure, but the darkness just keeps growing. And nobody even cares. That's what I mean when I said that. And I stand by what I believe is true.
Selfish is demanding everyone do a one size fits all proven to not be effective thing to stop a new manmade flu strain... from the folks who created it. Mask wearing is ineffective and has verifiably not worked. Selfish is demanding free man, shut down their form of making money & providing for their families. If you're afraid or high risk, stay home. Quarantine is for the verifiably sick. I'm not sick & I cannot make anyone else sick.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:55 PM   #58
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Hydroxychloroquine has been being prescribed by doctors for 50+ years. It wasn't dangerous until the media decided they know better than doctors and also Orange Man Bad.
And its back to being okay to use again because orange man gone... because social media banned him completely. Funny how that works.

Censorship sucks. They will come for everyone before long and you'll be upset there is no one left to fight for your freedoms. [Not aimed at Andrew...]
Old 06-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #59
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I never knew so many virologists existed on the internet until this pandemic happened, everyone seems to know why this is 100% safe or 100% bad, without a shadow of a doubt it's one or the other and you have these two virologist experts duke it out on comments on social media. It's been amusing.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:58 PM   #60
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

That's why I can't get my head around people being so super-judgmental, labeling others as "awful, selfish people" and whatever for just trying to live their lives.

We don't KNOW anything, other than 1. There's a virus, and 2. Some people, but not most people, die from it. We know pretty much exactly what we knew a year ago.

There's been SO much lying, and half-truth, and misinformation, DISinformation... from so many different sources...

And yet people are gonna Blame & Shame someone for not wanting to get a shot or wear a mask? We don't KNOW if either of those things even make any difference! We can ASSUME, but we don't KNOW.

But so This Person doesn't want to wear a mask, so they're a "bad person." This Other Person doesn't think they need the shot, so they're "selfish and inconsiderate".

People are planting flags and drawing Battle Lines over this sh*t when it's all nothing but a bunch of conflicting and contradictory information. We "know" exactly what we knew last year: A virus exists, and some people die from it while most people turn out fine. We don't know if masks prevent it, we don't know if the shot prevents it, we can HOPE and we can assume but we don't KNOW.

It's like airport security, to me: Nothing but f*cking theater, to make a bunch of scared people FEEL more safe and secure even though it's probably inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

But with all the misinformation to flat-out lies that have been floating around the past year - much of it from the so-called "official" sources - I'm certainly not going to begrudge anyone choosing to believe whatever they jolly well please, quite frankly. "The official sources" have proven over and over again that they can't be trusted on this matter. So in the absence of that, people have no choice but to look outside their own window and form their opinions based on what they SEE, not what they've repeatedly been told. Because so very, very much of what they've been told simply wasn't true.

Like, why were the countries who didn't go into lockdown the ones where there were the fewest overall (reported) cases of the virus? Stuff like that really makes you think.

Tags
indigocuck