The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-01-2006, 12:52 AM   #21
gobo
Wacky Action

BSMP? Who dat??

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #22
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Then again... maybe they could finish it specifically for the DVD release or at the very least record it (unless they already have) and show an animatic of how it would have been. or even just put the script up. Maybe for some special feature.

Quote:
BSMP? Who dat??
I guess he ment BSAP, Broadcast standards and practices.

You know the self censoring buggers that try hard not to warrent complaints from childless old women who watch TV specifically so they can find a way to ruin everything, so everyone ultimately has their old timey prudish views.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #23
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Yeah, the episode did sound pretty lame. Garbageman was probably the stupidest character on TMNT 2k3. I found his two episodes he was in to be the worst the series had. While the story did have a neat twist, I could care less.

Yes, I do think this is exactly why the DVD set got pushed a bit. This episode was planned to be on the 13 episode set but since it really has nothing to do with the Ninja Tribunal/Real Shredder storyline, it was okay to be pulled. Maybe 4kids realized this. Since we all know that the set is coming to DVD in Austraila in March.

However, I think we should at least see this story adapted into a comic book. That at least would give us an idea of how the story would of worked out.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #24
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
The ep sounds lame. It would have been better...if the dude was Hun's uncle, or dad or something like that. Not conjoined twins...that's as corny as Raph turning into GameRaph...
No that's edgy and dark like you fans have been whining for since FF came out. Then you get it and "It's lame"

And now you say Garbage-man is lame but you want a comic book about him. You people amaze me really.

As for the DVD they still haven't put the final for season 4 on DVD either so that should be included in the set thus making it 13 episodes.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #25
Katie
Just...way too serious.

That's right. That episode, from what I understand, was never even finished. I don't think they were counting it in the number of episodes on the disc for release.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 PM   #26
J Legault
Mad Scientist

I remenber when reading the subscriptions of the "Ninja Tribunal" Episodes, I was surprised to read that hun and the Garbageman are related.

Course I automatically can tell it would finally shine some background on everyone's least favorite miscellanous villian.

And I see that "Nightmares Recycle" is going to be Unaired episode #2.
Bumber is all I can say. I mean "Insane Membrane" wasn't as inappropriate as I heard it was, but I can understand that Baxter as a decading corpse can be unsuitable for the kiddies.

I'll wait and see what will become of this one.

Oh and "Broadcast standards and practices" was one of the reasons why Reboot Season 1 & 2 were light on violence than 3 & 4.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:55 AM   #27
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I don't care what anyone else says (what else is new lol) but I'm sad this wont come to be now because the character I didn't like or understrand Garbadgeman was to get a back story just like everything else to me this would have wrapped up everything besides what happend to dr. chapplen.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #28
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

You know what would be a great idea? If Mirage did a series that takes place in the 2k3 universe. Or even just a mini-series to wrap things up. It would still be better than nothing.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #29
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It's like "haha, you know that gross guy we had to fight a couple of times? The one with an unhealthy obsession with garbage? Well, for some reason we need to care that he's related to Hun! 8D"
I agree. This episode sounds lame anyway. I know I wouldn't miss it.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #30
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
Cause background stories are terrible, more episodes are terrible. Man you fans are fickle
Old 12-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #31
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
ok seriously you are entitled to your opinion and all but I'm sick of this crap.
Everyone bitches and complains that Garbage man sucks right?
Ok so they go out of their way to make him not suck so much and make him related to Hun which I think is a disgustingly brilliant idea of them being connected at one point.
Everything was now connected I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt and say sure I'd much rather have an episode showing what happened with rat king or someone else but this THIS finally gave this dumb character something. He didn't have a story and that is what was wrong in the first place he came out of no where and was like oooh I'm this fat disgusting garbage guy but now we know so much more. And I really think this blows that this show wont have all episodes produced. It now makes me wonder if any other episodes had been planed but not made for this series I know of the ones from the 80' toon.
In closing I'd like to say I think it's rather rude to peter laird who spent his money so the fans could have great episodes and the thanks he gets is being told an episode giving a villain who had nothing closure sucks...real nice and appreciative some times I'm ashamed to be a turtle fan.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #32
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Did you guys not read the quotes?

Old 12-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #33
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
This "It's like "haha, you know that gross guy we had to fight a couple of times? The one with an unhealthy obsession with garbage? Well, for some reason we need to care that he's related to Hun! 8D""

Yeah I don't agree with that either. You act like a background story is a bad thing.

You'd rather they make a new "Coming Out Of Their Shells" CD
Old 12-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #34
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
I did and I'm just stating my opinion on how rude it is to act that way to some one who went out of his way to have something made for the fans.
And it's not dirrected towards you even though I quoted you or anyone else I just wanted it to be known that it's very rude.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #35
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxorcist View Post
actually you should be blaming BSMP
Ooh! I think I just figured it out... Board of Standard MalPractices?? That's awesome!

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #36
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I did and I'm just stating my opinion on how rude it is to act that way to some one who went out of his way to have something made for the fans.
And it's not dirrected towards you even though I quoted you or anyone else I just wanted it to be known that it's very rude.
The funny thing is, people here act very rude during most of the Fast Forward discussions as well. Unlike them, my opinions aren't biased. If I truely hated or liked whatever they do -- be it TMNT 2K3 or FF -- I won't hold back in telling it like it is. Afterall, this forum is a place to discuss things. Plus, I had a reason not to like it. I didn't bash it just because it's about Garbageman. And believe it or not, I'm one of the few people who didn't mind the Garbageman episodes. But what's there just sounds like they shove it there just to make him cooler. Just cause it a back story to a character doesn't mean it adds anything or makes he or she better.

Last edited by TerranigmaFreak; 12-06-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #37
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Just cause it a back story to a character doesn't mean it adds anything or makes he or she better.
actully it does...because he was nothing besides some mojo from x-men rip off untill the concept of this now lost episode. I'd say that adds quite a bit especially the bit about him being part of hun.
And yes many fans have been rude about fast forward and liek I told them all and many others involved with the show that it would only get better.
But no one listens people always have to see for themselves. Oh well
Old 12-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord

True, there's no real reason to put Garnageman and Hun together, it sounds too fan friendly, which itself is a contradiction given how the majority of fans despise Nano and Garbageman, so there's obvious two of Peter's favourates.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #39
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
True, there's no real reason to put Garnageman and Hun together, it sounds too fan friendly, which itself is a contradiction given how the majority of fans despise Nano and Garbageman, so there's obvious two of Peter's favourates.
yea I think it's pretty clear that peter likes nano tech stuff just look at it all in volume 4 I mean mung even had it in red sky.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #40
tortugapower
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxorcist View Post
actually you should be blaming BSMP
Exactly! There are a lot of people quick to blame 4Kids for this kind of stuff, but it's FOX standards and practices that pulls the plug in many of these cases, not 4Kids.

Them being conjoined twins was not the reason it was pulled btw, if that was the case they would've killed it in the scripting phase.
tortugapower is offline   Reply With Quote