The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #101
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Here's a pic from a different angle. Leo's pre-order is indeed July.
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #102
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I dunna. NECA's team was all about that green. Buying him alone wouldn't be as shocking as when teamed with the others.
True. If he's the only one I get, I guess it wouldn't matter too much.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #103
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Ninja Pizza posted these images:
Spoiler:

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #104
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Yeah, the expressions look very similar to the NECA figures, so that's an easy pass for anyone who's got those already.

Is that Kirby's gauntlet to the right of the accessories, though? Because if that actually fits on Donnie's arm, that is a great touch.
Definitely is the Gravitic Equalizer with Don's fist in the handle. I'm guessing Don's right hand comes off and can be replaced with the one with the gauntlet.

Under normal circumstances when things are pricey I'd just buy my favourite turtle so as to support the line but not over spend but these have had so much thought put into them that it's so tempting.

Last edited by Galactus; 07-08-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #105
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Those accessories are killer. I really love the Kirby blaster. And the Lil' Orphan Alien. Plus Splinter as the pet rat of Hamato Yoshi.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #106
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Man, Donnie and Mikey's expressions are almost identical to the NECA ones. Which are great figures, but it's kind of odd to see something that similar from two different companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Definitely is the Gravitic Equalizer with Don's fist in the handle. I'm guessing Don's right hand comes off and can be replaced with the one with the gauntlet.

Under normal circumstances when things are pricey I'd just buy my favourite turtle so as to support the line but not over spend but these have had so much thought put into them that it's so tempting.
Yeah, definitely. There's no way I can afford them, and I definitely don't have room for them even if I could, but that is a damn nice touch.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #107
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

At least they will be spaced out a little.....still depends on the price for me and the packaging. I like how the NECA set was boxed with the artwork
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #108
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Shredder's gauntlet! Man, this is painful. I'm either going to be very poor or unhappy. Most likely unhappy.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #109
Commenter 42
Banned

We're all assuming high prices, but does anyone have anything definitive?

I really need to see these next to a normal 1/6th.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:19 PM   #110
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I can understand people's problems with Raph's coloration as compared to the other three brothers, but for me personally, it won't bother me since I'm only going to be getting Raph out of the turtles in this line.

I really like Raph's exclusive head without the bandanna. The only way it could have been better is if it were Future Raph with the eye-patch, but I'm happy with the bandanna-less head all the same. I'm really impressed with the Mirage inspired accessories. Donnie's Gravitic Equalizer is a perfect one for him. My favorites are Casey's mask and the Utrom blaster. I'd say the Utrom, but in a way I'd rather have him be an entire figure with the robotic body.

These figures are all looking great. I just wonder what accessories come with which turtle. That will be interesting to find out now. (Well besides the price of course.)

Last edited by Darth Knuckles; 07-08-2015 at 11:25 PM.
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:33 PM   #111
nevermore
Foot Soldier

Yes!! I am glad I passed up on the Revoltech, as these Mirage Turtles are much closer to the heart for me and I can't afford both. I regretted not buying NECA when they were first released and I am not making that mistake again.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:25 AM   #112
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

I want all these figures but wish Raph was darker in color. The full size Casey mask is awful. Since when was the top of the mask rounded? They got the mini prototype correct. Hope they fix the final product because Id like to get one.
TMNTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:09 AM   #113
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

anybody have ideas on prices? i liked them before, im in love with them now and i must have all 4 or i will die
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:41 AM   #114
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Here is another website that has some more up-close pictures of the Mondo turtles and accessories.

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2015...show-this-year

They give a potential price point but I'd definitely take that with a grain of salt for now.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:03 AM   #115
pihb
Hench Mutant

Leo's hand sculpt is different.

The SDCC pics show one hand pointing.
http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/4472...015-sneak-peek
Mondo's website shows him holding both swords. Hands don't appear to be interchangable though....

Also, I think these look fantastic. Depends on the price point, I may pick these up. I passed on little Mikey but did preorder the black and white limited edition first turtle. For $150/pop i may be able to wing it, especially since the preorders are spaced out.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:26 AM   #116
Powder
So tired of this place

@ $150 a pop I think I'm gonna have to bow out. I'd like to at least consider Leonardo but there's so much other stuff on my radar, it's simply impossible. If they make their way to Casey, though, I would sell blood/organs/etc to make it happen.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:32 AM   #117
pihb
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
@ $150 a pop I think I'm gonna have to bow out. I'd like to at least consider Leonardo but there's so much other stuff on my radar, it's simply impossible. If they make their way to Casey, though, I would sell blood/organs/etc to make it happen.
If i recall correctly, the Iron Giant figure (approx 16") ran $300. The estimated $150 is on the very low from what i actually expected. If $150 is the price, they must be trying to make it more appealing to snag all 4. I'd rather pay $600 than $1200 for all 4 if i decide to get them.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:19 AM   #118
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Man. I wish these wern't 1/6. I would be all over them if they were smaller. But as not, so PASS.

Any chance we might see a regular size version?
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #119
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I think these are something that if you are on the fence about like me.....you should grab them just increase. The Mondo Exclusive ones will still out fast and I'm sure you wouldn't have trouble getting your money back (plus some) if you decided to not keep them. Think NECA and Sideshow..... These will be hot.... And Mondo is getting a ton of publicity now that they are doing a MOTU line as well.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #120
the_soub
Foot Soldier

After getting me the official Revoltech figures, I don't think my wife will let me spring for the whole set.

She could also be tricking me into not buying them, so that she can get them for me as a gift.

Either way, it will ultimately depend on the $ and what exclusives Mondo throws in, but at the very least, I will likely pick up Raph.
the_soub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt