The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #1
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Disney's Gigantic

Quote:
Today, during the Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Upcoming Films panel at D23, Disney Animation announced a new feature film called, Gigantic.

Director Nathan Greno and Producer Dorothy Mckim took the stage, and introduced a reel of still shots they've worked on so far. "How far would you go for your dream? How high would you climb?" The classic magic bean stalk grows, and we see young Jack climbing it. Giants roam the lands, including a young daughter giant that it appears he befriends. The harp, the Goose are both there.

"We are so honored and thrilled to continue the tradition [of bringing fairy tales to film] with Jack and the Beanstalk," Greno said. The movie will take place in Spain, because he thought it reflected the "age of discovery," where Jack is making a discovery above the ground while Spaniards are out discovering the world.

"It's not what you've seen before, the one big giant. This is a world of giants. The first one he meets is an 11 year-old girl named Ima. She's 60 feet tall, and very fiery," he said. She's actually inspired by a kid they met while researching in Spain. "She was a little character, a little ham." When they came back from the trip, they looked at their pictures of her and realized they had a model sheet for a character. "When Ima meets Jack, she thinks he's a toy! The possibilities for comedy are endless."

It's a world of giants, though, including the storm giants, who are up to no good, "wreaking havoc around the world of the giants." So the "tiny little man" and the "11 year-old girl" are trying to stop the storm giants. "Their world will change forever, and it's such a great, unique friendship. It has deep, deep, emotion. I think when you read an old Jack and the Beanstalk story, you don't think it's a big tearjerker, but we want that. We think the stories that last forever are the ones that hit your emotions."

To sweeten the deal, Disney also announced that Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, the team from Frozen, are doing the music for the film.
http://comicbook.com/2015/08/14/disn...animated-film/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ima Giant. Oh, boy. We're in trouble.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:17 PM   #3
drgon78
Mad Scientist

It's about time Disney had a non-mickey mouse version of jack and beanstalk. I like the character designs. I wonder what year the release date will be?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:15 PM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
It's about time Disney had a non-mickey mouse version of jack and beanstalk. I like the character designs. I wonder what year the release date will be?
It's set to be released in 2018.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Disney cancelled the movie. I was looking forward to this one.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...gantic-1047482
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I hadn't even heard of this until today's post. Too bad... sounded like it had some potential.

But if they think it wasn't worth doing, we may have dodged another "Good Dinosaur."
Old 10-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #7
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I was really looking forward to this one and I am extremely disappointed. I wonder what the real reason they cancelled the project was.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote