The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
Powder
So tired of this place

This series is god tier. That is all I can say.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #22
Martin
Stone Warrior

And this is why I'm thrilled matheus is the new regular. Amazing art, great fight scenes; I'm also under the impression that he even turned down a notch the whole stylized bandanas thing; they were still there, but they didn't look as exaggerated as before.

Secret History is shaping up to be (or maybe it already is ) the best installment/story arc that IDW has put out so far. It has a great story with no excessive breaks to build up tension (as the main series tends to do, though it might be a little unfair of me to say this since this is only a 4 issue kinda thing), and, as a bonus, we are learning quite a few interesting things... plus raph got his bike back, and that's always a good thing.

[*SPECULATION WARNING*] I'm a bit curious as to why shredhead died in the first place. If he was getting the ooze from krang to live forever, what caused his demise? I'm also wondering how the fact that saki actually knows who krang is will affect their (surely) soon-to-happen encounter. Will they be allies? Enemies? As I said, we don't know what caused saki to die in the first place; maybe krang stopped providing him with the ooze, but would that be enough to turn saki against him? We all know that krang will lose against the turtles, and karai is already causing trouble on burnow island. If shredder meets a weakened version of krang, will he take that opportunity to crush him? Possibilities, possibilities, so many possibilities. But I digress.

We also got to see leo without his bandana. So serious and somber... I loved it!
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #23
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post

And yeah, my review reveals how little I understand lows of momentum (I took geology in college to fulfill my science credit requirements!). Would Raph's helmet-throwing move have actually worked?
Ha, I'm pretty positive there's no way to throw something faster than a moving bicycle. It would go a yard forward, and then you'd pass it. I thought about bringing it up to the guys during production, but... it was just too cool. Comic books!

Thanks Spengs, your reviews are always a highlight. (even back when you were more iffy on the books!)
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #24
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Ha, I'm pretty positive there's no way to throw something faster than a moving bicycle. It would go a yard forward, and then you'd pass it. I thought about bringing it up to the guys during production, but... it was just too cool. Comic books!

Thanks Spengs, your reviews are always a highlight. (even back when you were more iffy on the books!)
Never let it be misunderstood that I am iffy on Secret History of the Foot Clan. This book is amazing!

Iffy on physics, now THAT'S a different subject entirely...
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #25
Martin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
My review of Secret of the Foot Clan #3 at TMNT Entity.

And yeah, my review reveals how little I understand lows of momentum (I took geology in college to fulfill my science credit requirements!). Would Raph's helmet-throwing move have actually worked?
Yes, given your scenario, when it left raph's hand, the helmet would have been travelling at 90 mph (I'm not sure how fast you can actually throw a helmet though). The distance that the helmet had to travel wasn't that long, but it might be long enough for the air resistance to play a substantial part in all this. To me, it's more the shock of getting hit in the back of the head what knocks Alopex off than the blow itself, so the force with which the helmet struck her might not be so important. It just had to be strong enough to make her lose her balance.

All in all, I think it could have worked... or at least it was believable enough
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #26
oldmanwinters
Overlord

For all the talk about physics in this issue (or lack therefore), how ironic was it that Donatello actually dropped a Newton's Second Law reference in the van?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #27
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Looking forward to this issue.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #28
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinf View Post

[*SPECULATION WARNING*] I'm a bit curious as to why shredhead died in the first place. If he was getting the ooze from krang to live forever, what caused his demise? I'm also wondering how the fact that saki actually knows who krang is will affect their (surely) soon-to-happen encounter. Will they be allies? Enemies? As I said, we don't know what caused saki to die in the first place; maybe krang stopped providing him with the ooze, but would that be enough to turn saki against him? We all know that krang will lose against the turtles, and karai is already causing trouble on burnow island. If shredder meets a weakened version of krang, will he take that opportunity to crush him? Possibilities, possibilities, so many possibilities. But I digress.

We also got to see leo without his bandana. So serious and somber... I loved it!
Thats what I am wondering!!!!I wonder if Shredder had a falling out with Krang's father or krang who ever it was and if thats why they are rivals now????

Also anybody wondering about the Savanti Ninjas and the so called war???City Fall Maybe????????I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #29
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Did this not come out this past Wednesday like it was supposed to???
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #30
Powder
So tired of this place

Did you not see all of the posts discussing the content of the book...? Yes, it's out.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #31
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post

Yeah, TOTALLY impossible, but the coolness outweighed it.

Plus, Raph violating the laws of physics made Don's Newton crack funnier to me. Raphael, man, he doesn't follow your square scientific rules! (I'm probably the only one that feels that way.) (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #32
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

what a cool issue, those red battle scenes are drawn so well. it would be cool to see Alopex bite someone hahah. Raph on a bike i just wish the shop would have had the RI cover. cant wait for the conclusion!

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #33
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post

Plus, Raph violating the laws of physics made Don's Newton crack funnier to me. Raphael, man, he doesn't follow your square scientific rules! (I'm probably the only one that feels that way.) (;
I have to agree honestly! It's as if Raph did it just to spite Donnie. Xp
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
I have to agree honestly! It's as if Raph did it just to spite Donnie. Xp
agreed, Raph broke the law of physics just to piss off Don, hopefully Don won't be to upset
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #35
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

I never thought about it in that context, but that is certainly the most convincing argument I've heard. Raphael and Donatello operate in different worlds, mentally speaking.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #36
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
agreed, Raph broke the law of physics just to piss off Don, hopefully Don won't be to upset
You cannae break the laws of physics! Unless you're Raphael

But seriously.. Another awesome issue. Me thinks tho that Casey's taking them to the good ole family farm.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #37
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Did you not see all of the posts discussing the content of the book...? Yes, it's out.
No no, all the discussion is from the previews alone.

Quote:
Plus, Raph violating the laws of physics made Don's Newton crack funnier to me.
Yes!

I don't have much more to add and agree that this mini-series is amazing! But it is so well written that you would think that this is the way the origin of the Foot Clan always was. As much as the reincarnation angle was criticized at the start, it is now paying off with all the history and back story they are able to create.
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #38
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Nice issue, I loved it!

I bet issue 4's ending will foreshadow the reason why will Leo join Shredder in City Fall.
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #39
Martin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Nice issue, I loved it!

I bet issue 4's ending will foreshadow the reason why will Leo join Shredder in City Fall.
Yep. Though after this issue I'm beginning to fear that he will change teams to gather info on shredder instead of doing so based on personal belief or even brainwash. This was always a possibility that was discussed here, but I still believe it's not even near as cool as Leo going over due to a change in his mindset.

I can already see it coming: Leo goes over to see how they can get rid of the shredder; shredhead takes him in, makes him second in command; at some point saki confronts splinter and tells him what a failure he is as a father that his own son would betray him (it would also be a nice comeback to all the times splinter yelled 'my sons have honor' in saki's face); Leo either learns something and decides it's enough or he is confronted with a situation where he has to hurt his family (or do something incredibly evil) and changes sides again; shredhead vows vengeance; etc, etc.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #40
ToTheNines
[sic]

It would be stupid if Leo willingly went over to the Foot without it being an undercover type deal. The guy killed him in a past life and wants his father dead. He runs a criminal empire. There's no redeeming qualities that could make Leo see them in a positive light.

So yeah, I'm down with Leo doing it as a means to take the Foot down (Aqualad style), but then that just makes Shredder look like a frigging idiot if he takes him in and makes him his #2 just like that. At least with Aqualad, Black Manta is his biological father and pretended to turn on the heroes because Aquagirl died during a mission.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion, idw, mini-series