The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Dark Phoenix has to be almost done filming, it comes out next year and it was all over the last Entertainment Weekly. There's no way they're canceling it.

It will probably be the last X-men movie in this continuity though unless Disney just decides to continue with it for whatever reason.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:43 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Looks like Avengers 4 will end filming early 2019, that's plenty of time to incorporate anything Fantastic Four, and X-Men related into it.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...ebastian-stan/
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Dark Phoenix has to be almost done filming, it comes out next year and it was all over the last Entertainment Weekly. There's no way they're canceling it.

It will probably be the last X-men movie in this continuity though
No sh*t. It will be the "Amazing Spider-Man 2" of the Fox-Men.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #23
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

It's definitely got a Justice League problem. Dark Phoenix may-or-may-not be a good movie, but there is so much ill-will surrounding the whole thing that people will probably avoid it.

I suspect that it will be the motion picture equivalent of a 12 car pileup, but I don't think it matters anymore.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:01 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Here's an off-the-cuff thought. "Dark Phoenix" is still a little ways off. Everyone knows the writing is on the wall about the Disney acquisition and what that entails.

Is it too late for "Dark Phoenix" to have something in its ending/third act to kind of "end" that universe, dovetail its ending into some kind of hard drive format/entrance into MCU? It could be like what "Flashpoint" was to the New 52... a gateway to a new universe (the MCU).
Old 12-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #25
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:10 AM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I guess most of you are forgetting that Hugh is getting tol old to play Wolverine. No way he's gonna play him for another set of MCU movies. It's getting harder for him to get into Wolverine shape.

Plus Deadpool 2 is still part of the FOX-Men universe. It lives on.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 03-16-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So it's called "Avengers: Endgame." Apparently.

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/avengers-endgame-title

Not a super exciting title. I thought it would be the name of some other comic story.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #28
DWC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So it's called "Avengers: Endgame." Apparently.

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/avengers-endgame-title

Not a super exciting title. I thought it would be the name of some other comic story.
I reckon that's BS.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:10 PM   #29
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

That site is a joke.

What title isn't going to feel like a letdown at this point? The title has been overhyped by the creators like it's some huge spoiler. It's clearly not. They should've just kept the Part 1 & 2 monikers.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:12 PM   #30
DWC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
That site is a joke.

What title isn't going to feel like a letdown at this point? The title has been overhyped by the creators like it's some huge spoiler. It's clearly not. They should've just kept the Part 1 & 2 monikers.
Agree. It's a sequel so should just be called Infinity War Part 2.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:33 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Could be "Secret Wars"... as in no one will know it ever takes place when the events of it and Infinity War are largely undone.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:56 PM   #32
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Could be "Secret Wars"... as in no one will know it ever takes place when the events of it and Infinity War are largely undone.
I could see that happening. It would make sense as I don't know how else The Secret Wars maxi-series would fit into the MCU.

How were the causalities choosen to turn to dust? Are we supposed to see the six from the first Avengers come together to save the day?

Will anyone's end be stuck with? Perhaps a certain Guardian and certain trickster god?
Old 04-30-2018, 12:25 AM   #33
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I could see that happening. It would make sense as I don't know how else The Secret Wars maxi-series would fit into the MCU.

How were the causalities choosen to turn to dust? Are we supposed to see the six from the first Avengers come together to save the day?

Will anyone's end be stuck with? Perhaps a certain Guardian and certain trickster god?
I looked on IMDB to see who is in the next one on IMDB (though I this can be inaccurate early on)
Spoiler:

I have to put this in a Spoiler as I'm talking specific deaths. Spiderman is not listed for the next movie but he has an upcoming movie so we know he's ok, though I don't think anyone expected that death to stick. Some of those who vanished are back and some are not, Strange isn't listed for the Movie, nor Loki but his death was different. Anyway, whatever happens to change things could mean all those who vanished come back ? they just not have bigger parts in this movie?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:35 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I looked on IMDB to see who is in the next one on IMDB (though I this can be inaccurate early on)
Spoiler:

I have to put this in a Spoiler as I'm talking specific deaths. Spiderman is not listed for the next movie but he has an upcoming movie so we know he's ok, though I don't think anyone expected that death to stick. Some of those who vanished are back and some are not, Strange isn't listed for the Movie, nor Loki but his death was different. Anyway, whatever happens to change things could mean all those who vanished come back ? they just not have bigger parts in this movie?
No reason to even look at IMDB. For anything. I could go and add myself as playing Magneto in it right now if I wanted to.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:03 AM   #35
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No reason to even look at IMDB. For anything. I could go and add myself as playing Magneto in it right now if I wanted to.
Yeah I remember the Tang Shen finale plot for 2012. I look in the hope that someone who knows something has updated but take it with a pinch of salt.

Well..just going on upcoming movies then, anything else is anyone's guess. Also, wondering who will make it through this one.

Last edited by newfan; 04-30-2018 at 01:19 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

Obviously the remaining heroes (possibly Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Wasp too) led by Captain Marvel.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:07 PM   #37
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Ya know I've been thinking, even if they do adapt the Secret Wars storyline for the movies (either one, actually) it would be better for Marvel if they went with the subtitle of "Battleworld" (ie. Avengers: Battleworld), to avoid having too many movies with a title that's (blank) + War(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Obviously the remaining heroes (possibly Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Wasp too) led by Captain Marvel.
Yeah, that's the leading theory. Pretty much everyone who survived or wasn't in the first one will take the lead in the second one to reverse Thanos' grand act of destruction.

I do think Loki's and Vision's deaths might stick though, maybe even Gamora's
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:28 PM   #38
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I do think Loki's and Vision's deaths might stick though, maybe even Gamora's
That last one I'm not so sure about. There are just too many characters who'd go and give up their own souls to replace hers.
Up to, and including, her father and sister.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:50 PM   #39
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I think characters who died before the snap of the finger will probably be permanent. characters who just turn into ashes can be brought back. The only way to bring back characters that were killed in the beginning. They would have to use the time stone and completely reverse time.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #40
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Which isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. Strange already used it that way once before. He knows how to use it, and has the power/strength to control it. Just ask Dormammu what it can do.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers cuckgame, captain marvel saves day