The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Pattinson/Reeves Batman Movie (Formerly Affleck Stand-Alone Film)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...rms-ben-883358

Quote:
Warner Bros. chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara confirmed Tuesday his studio is moving ahead with Ben Affleck's stand-alone Batman movie, which the actor will star in and direct.

The studio mogul touched upon the movie when appearing at CinemaCon, the annual gathering of cinema operators in Las Vegas. He touted the record opening of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, which teams Batman (Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) on the big screen for the first time and launches the DC cinematic universe.

"It set up a great foundation for our DC slate, which includes at least 10 movies through 2020," said Tsuijhara. "I'm also excited to know that we will be working with Ben Affleck on a stand-alone Batman movie."

This isn't the first time the prospect of an Affleck-originated Batman movie has been raised. During San Diego Comic-Con last year, The Hollywood Reporter reported that the actor-director was developing a stand-alone Batman project with DC Entertainment chief creative officer Geoff Johns.

And in a recent THR interview with WME-IMG co-CEOs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell, Whtesell revealed how many movies Affleck has currently signed up for when it comes to DC's Caped Crusader.

"He's contracted to do at least Justice League One and Two, so at least three times wearing the cape," Whitesell said, adding, "There's a script that he's written that is a really cool [Batman] idea, so that's out there as an option."

Batman v. Superman, directed by Zack Snyder, has grossed nearly $800 million to date, despite a steep decline following its record opening.

After Tsujihara's turn on the stage at CinemaCon, Affleck and Batman v. Superman co-star Amy Adams introduced a reel touting the DC cinematic universe.

The stand-alone Batman movie has yet to be officially dated, although there's rampant speculation that it will take one of the two slots Warner Bros. recently reserved for two untitled DC films: Oct. 5, 2018, and Nov. 1, 2019. The other could go to Suicide Squad 2.

"You get your first real taste of this expanding universe," Warners film chief Greg Silverman said in the clip.

The DC films already dated include Suicide Squad (Aug. 5, 2016), The Justice League Part One (Nov. 17, 2017), The Flash (March 16, 201, Wonder Woman (June 2, 2017), Aquaman (July 27, 201, Shazam! (April 5, 2019), Justice League Part Two (June 14, 2019), Cyborg (April 3, 2020) and Green Lantern Corps (June 19, 2020).

Last Movie Watched: Infested (2023).
Last TV Show Watched: Ghosts US (S1:E10).

Last edited by The Deadman; 07-18-2016 at 10:04 PM.
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I need to buy the collector edition of the movie, just to see the BTS footage of Affleck spelunking around in the Bat-suit while doing re-writes and director stuff.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:04 PM   #3
The Deadman
Foot Elite

RUMOR: Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN May Take Place In Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Batman-News has come across a very interesting rumour which started doing the rounds this weekend, and while it comes from a source which is very hit and miss (BOF), it's one which is sure to leave you with a lot to think about. Apparently, Ben Affleck's Batman movie - which he's been writing alongside Geoff Johns - will feature the Caped Crusader locked inside Arkham Asylum battling his greatest foes.

However, as Affleck has previously made it clear that his movie will be an original story that borrows elements from past tales, don't expect this to be a direct adaptation of Batman: Arkham Asylum!

While an entire movie set with this iconic location might be a little hard to pull off, it would be pretty interesting to see a big chunk of The Batman set there, especially as previous rumours have pointed to us seeing several of the hero's most iconic villains. Time will tell whether or not this rumour is accurate, but with Comic-Con just days away, we could very well end up learning more about it soon enough.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Done well, that'd be dope.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:23 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I like this concept much better than having Jason Todd involved. Perhaps SDCC will provide us with answers.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Deathstroke Will Menace Ben Affleck in Solo Batman Movie

Old 01-31-2017, 08:00 AM   #7
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

If WB tries to rush this into production with a bad script then I bet Affleck walks from the project completely.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:51 AM   #8
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
If WB tries to rush this into production with a bad script then I bet Affleck walks from the project completely.
He's almost certainly required by contract to participate in the film no matter what, as an actor. But yeah, he might try to humiliate WB at least by withdrawing from the creative aspect, if he feels like it's necesary.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:13 AM   #9
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Is he? His first contract was for 3 films - BvS and two Justice League movies (back when the plan was to do two). He never signed anything to direct it. Doubt he signed anything to star in it. Even if he did he'd still be able to walk if he wanted to.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:42 AM   #10
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I'm assuming that WB is so hell-bent on pumping these things out that they made sure that Affleck would be available for 'The Batman' no matter what. I can imagine WB executives having nightmares about not being able to do a Batman movie with Affleck as the star.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #11
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I'm assuming that WB is so hell-bent on pumping these things out that they made sure that Affleck would be available for 'The Batman' no matter what. I can imagine WB executives having nightmares about not being able to do a Batman movie with Affleck as the star.
they probably still have Christian Bale's number handy?
Old 01-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #12
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

You gotta think WB would do whatever they needed to keep Affleck on board as Batman. I wonder if part of the reason he left is because of Justice League being a disaster like the rumors say.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:20 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think Affleck will never live it down if he walks off entirely. He'll be viewed as an embarrassment. I don't think he wants that
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:23 AM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
You gotta think WB would do whatever they needed to keep Affleck on board as Batman. I wonder if part of the reason he left is because of Justice League being a disaster like the rumors say.
I'm more inclined to think it has nothing to do with JL and everything to do with continued studio interference and "hey Ben can we film yet? Can we film yet? Can we film yet? Oh, and can you fit Riddler in there? And Catwoman? And Joker? And Harley? And Deadshot?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think Affleck will never live it down if he walks off entirely. He'll be viewed as an embarrassment. I don't think he wants that
Ben's not the embarrassment; WB at large is.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #15
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
if he walked entirely some might view it as embarrassing, but i'm sure there are others including myself that would admire his integrity.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:32 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

The thing is I think he WANTS to be a good Batman. Him leaving the role entirely would seem like him "giving up." You can tell by the interviews he gives that he really wants to be remembered as a good Batman.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:04 PM   #17
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
The thing is I think he WANTS to be a good Batman. Him leaving the role entirely would seem like him "giving up." You can tell by the interviews he gives that he really wants to be remembered as a good Batman.
But it doesn't mean a thing when he still turns out to be a good Batman in a mediocre to bad Batman film.

It is a shame that he won't be directing this but if it ultimately means giving us a better film then that's all that matters to me.

There are already a fair amount of people that want Kevin Smith to direct the film but he gave his response through a tweet.

Quote:
“I'm flattered,” Smith tweeted. “But 3 things make me directing Batman impossible: 1) Haven't spoken to Ben in years. 2) I made @YogaHosers, 3) Common sense.”
http://http://comicbook.com/2017/01/...direct-batman/

1.) You're still a fan of the guy though. Apparently you gave him a bare hug when he wore the suit. 2.) I never watched this film since you decided to release this in limited theaters only, though I admit the trailer looked terrible. 3.) "Common Sense" from the guy that directed for a few of DC's TV shows.

Last edited by LeotheLateBloomer; 01-31-2017 at 12:09 PM.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:28 AM   #18
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I think critics/movie bloggers would applaud him for leaving the DCEU trainwreck due to them rushing the production of the movie just to get it released sooner despite all the negative backlash they've already received. Obviously the nutjob DCEU fans would not agree with it and probably say that Disney paid him to drop out.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 AM   #19
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

How is he giving up if WB won't allow him to make a good Batman movie? Their track record with the DCEU is terrible. He's not the one in charge. Why stick around and be associated with another poor movie as Batman?
Old 02-03-2017, 07:25 AM   #20
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Fans started an online petition to get Zack Snyder to direct the Batman movie. As if online petitions weren't funny enough to begin with.

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader