The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 11-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #101
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

They're actually dollhouse furniture I picked up from Hobby Lobby.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:40 PM   #102
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
Updated photo of the Lair

https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5683/3...15149d54_c.jpg

B&W...because there is much to be repainted, but I won't have the time until this semester ends.

https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5513/3...71580356_c.jpg
Very cool dude

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #103
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Oddly enough I've never had Flickr faves near the number of this picture, I guess it was put up in a explore group on there and people saw it...

I still the scale is too staggering that these probably won't be my defacto Bebop and Rocksteady (who is actually a WiP), but for now they'll work. At least until I scale them down a bit.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:28 PM   #104
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

I wanted an Usagi to go with the NECA figures, so I decided to do my own take. Basically merging the idea of samurai/cowboy analogy, and a little bit of a demon-fighting warrior. Will probably get paired with my Savanti Romero, that has been a WiP for a couple years now...

Old 01-31-2017, 03:33 PM   #105
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Playmates is making a new Usagi, but I doubt it'll be as good as yours; it certainly won't be as articulated.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #106
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

From the low res image floating around the Playmates version is all kinds of weak sauce. One of the many reasons I'm done with Playmates. I'm going to repaint the Wagon you sent me eventually, and I'll likely hold on to that and the props as well as the four Turtles, I'm getting rid of the rest of my Playmates scale stuff however.

Also appreciate the words.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:48 PM   #107
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Likewise, I'm down to the four basic Nick Turtles (repainted), your kickass Future Don, and the repainted OOTS Bebop and Rocksteady and vintage Rat King I just got, and the Nick April kitbash and human Karai, both of whom I'll probably eventually part with. A couple other figures I can't think of at the moment, but probably no more than a dozen figures total.

I do however have a small box filled with random accessories and props and things I collected over the years for the sewer. I was thinking I'd send 'em your way; is your antipathy for Playmates such that I shouldn't bother, or would you like me to send it all along just in case you can make some of it work for your big sewer setup?
Old 01-31-2017, 04:09 PM   #108
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

I gladly accept things like that, they're typically scaled for 6 inch stuff, ala NECA Turtles and the figures I've customized thus far to pair with that line.

Mentioning future characters, I recently got another NECA Bootleg Mikey, I'm pretty sure he'll be getting his arm amputated in the near future and decked out as Future-Mikey, because I don't think my Turtles toys are complete without me making a maimed Michelangelo.

The Playmates stuff I do have I'm hoping to pass on to someone who still appreciated and utilizes that line. Basically however I'm thinning out the bulk of my various toylines due to lack of space for some of the newer lines I'm acquiring. I've sold off the bulk of my Joes stuff apart from a few of those I got from you that I dig and the figures I use in my Lost World-esque setups because I do occasionally like adding stuff to that. I'll be bidding adieu to my Playmates stuff soon hopefully, I'm streamlining Marvel Legends to basically Spider-man and foes or street level heroes/anti-heroes, and some customs I'm working on. I just don't have the space or want to maintain so much if there are other people out there who can appreciate it. In an ideal world I'd have more display space because I really want to get into more diorama building...but that'll have to wait.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #109
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

I have streamlined my collection to an alarming degree, both in general in recent years and more recently to pay for those Trek figures.

I hope to do so further.

I've said before: if shipping were cheaper or I had a local friend, I'd get rid of stuff all the time!

I'd ask which Playmates figures you're getting rid of, but new Playmates figures are like vintage Playmates figures: once in a while I decide I want some, and then I get them and have no idea what to do with them and want to get rid of them. This time I'll just cut out the middle man, ha ha ha.

I'll ship all that random fodder sometime soon.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:00 PM   #110
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I figure though, since I am drastically decreasing toy purchases, limiting figures to more Collector oriented stuff, the Figuarts and hopefully First Gokin Krang will all be had this year...
Whoa, did you get Cerebral? I've been recently regretting not having done so. Funny how the Figuarts turtles can derail everything in the best way.

Quote:
Found these little Barbie accessory packs and one of them had sushi and chopsticks. So I had to check how it scaled.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8554/2...e391803a_c.jpg
What are those packs called, do you remember?
Old 03-31-2017, 09:11 AM   #111
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

I never got him. Mostly because I got into Marvel Legends again. Mostly just the MCU and Spiderman figures.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:30 AM   #112
steve2477
Random Punk

These are fantastic customs.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:04 PM   #113
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

I've got a few new things on the work bench, plus a few repaints. Just been busy as sin lately.