The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-27-2018, 09:50 PM   #61
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, Melissa Joan Hart did some of the voice work for that, I think. I never saw it.

The original show had cleavage everywhere, so that's what kept ME watching. Beth Broderick, in particular, has always found it very important to let people know, "I'm pretty hot for an older broad."

It had its moments, but the show's continuity was a mess. Tons of characters and storylines just dropped for no reason. Got annoying after a while.
Tbh my memories of the show are quite hazy. It's been over a decade since I last watched it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:57 PM   #62
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Well that's a bummer. Do you at least float like a duck when placed in water? Or what about magic, can you do any magic? /s

(Facepalms)* Oh, GAWDS.... *sigh* To answer your questions, hokey as they are, no, I do not float like a duck (despite my name) as I tend to sink, having little body fat to act as floatation. And yes, I can, and have. My wedding ring is Exhibit A as evidence of that. Let's just say I make a killer love potion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's entirely not my fault that he's terrible at chairshots - as in, SAFE chairshots - and so in turn, he has the most brutal-looking ones of all time. They ought'a call him Captain Concussion.

That was the implication, yes. I assumed that was clear.

Duh, they're made of wood.
Ok, guys, don't make me get out the voodoo dolls and turn you both into a newt!!!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:01 PM   #63
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
(Facepalms)* Oh, GAWDS.... *sigh* To answer your questions, hokey as they are, no, I do not float like a duck (despite my name) as I tend to sink, having little body fat to act as floatation. And yes, I can, and have. My wedding ring is Exhibit A as evidence of that. Let's just say I make a killer love potion....
Duckie, I'm not gonna lie to you. You're really bumming the crap out of me by these revelations of yours.

It's no wonder Hollywood portrays you lot as spell weaving, Satanic worshipers. Real life witches sound like hippies. Really dull, non-magical hippies.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:02 PM   #64
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
no, I do not float like a duck
Lies. Don't make us build a bridge out of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
It's no wonder Hollywood portrays you lot as spell weaving, Satanic worshipers. Real life witches sound like hippies. Really dull, non-magical hippies.
Awwww, maaaaan, I HATE Hippies.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:08 PM   #65
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Oh, don't let the more spiritual side fool you, I'm STILL probably closer to a Halliwell than to a "flower child". I mean, I won't say I am Glenda, but.... I've made it rain. Among other things. It's just not always as "flashy" and obvious as they make it out to be. More like The Craft (Or Practical Magic, if you've ever seen that one) than Charmed. It's just that the truth of it tends to be a lot less scary or sparkly than people expect. "Not with a bang, but a whisper...." as it were.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:11 PM   #66
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I've made it rain.
So. EVERY WEEKEND this past Summer, completely ruined. And you brag about it? IT WAS SUMMER, PEOPLE HAD SH*T TO DO!

The nerve. The unmitigated gall.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:17 PM   #67
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well, I didn't mean RECENTLY, LOL!! No, that was not me. I know better than to mess with the weather randomly. If/when I DO, it's ALWAYS with the wider repercussions and effects in mind. And only when/where NEEDED. But I CAN say I once had a hand in flooding a neighboring town with a weatherweaving that got a little out of hand. Oops. Forgot to factor in the d@*n jet stream that time....

Edit: And I'm not even touching that bridge comment, Leo. But if you start to feel odd stings or stabbing sensations.... *whistles*

Old 10-28-2018, 03:48 AM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

To be clear, I actually really love this show. I watched the first two episodes and I'm apparently hooked. I'm eager to see more. I dig everything about it... except one.

Salem the cat doesn't talk? Even when we see that it can (when the familiar first comes in her bedroom it talks to her)? Seeing a darker show's take on a talking cat was like the thing I was most looking forward to seeing in this.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:01 AM   #69
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
To be clear, I actually really love this show. I watched the first two episodes and I'm apparently hooked. I'm eager to see more. I dig everything about it... except one.

Salem the cat doesn't talk? Even when we see that it can (when the familiar first comes in her bedroom it talks to her)? Seeing a darker show's take on a talking cat was like the thing I was most looking forward to seeing in this.
What? No talking Salem? awh…
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:24 AM   #70
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

Since this show is kind of like Magic/Witches meets Evil Dead. I really wanted Bruce Campbell to voice Salem
Old 11-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #71
newfan
Mad Scientist

I've watched the 10 eps, no kidding on the darker side of things
As for the end of ep 10:

Spoiler:
Not sure I like that she singed the book, I mean it was geared that way and she's now more powerful but I liked her having her freedom and humanity and not sign herself over to him.
Also, wonder who her twin is, if it is Tapper (though his interest in her was more in a attraction way) or if he is yet to turn up.

Last edited by newfan; 11-03-2018 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:03 AM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just finished it tonight. I swore there was a couple episodes to come when the end of the season finale hit... but it was solid. Great watching. It made me involved in her plight and I was sold the whole way through. Only complaints: 1) Salem didn't do **** the whole season, only the once with that scarecrow. 2) Didn't like the way the "Soul Eater" devoured that one soul. We didn't even see it (I wanted to). And it certainly seemed like it was nowhere close enough to devour the particular one it did. Also as a big Perfect Strangers fan from a lifetime ago... yeah, didn't like a certain thing near the end.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:21 AM   #73
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Just finished it tonight. I swore there was a couple episodes to come when the end of the season finale hit... but it was solid. Great watching. It made me involved in her plight and I was sold the whole way through. Only complaints: 1) Salem didn't do **** the whole season, only the once with that scarecrow. 2) Didn't like the way the "Soul Eater" devoured that one soul. We didn't even see it (I wanted to). And it certainly seemed like it was nowhere close enough to devour the particular one it did. Also as a big Perfect Strangers fan from a lifetime ago... yeah, didn't like a certain thing near the end.
I liked the scene with the scarecrow but otherwise yeah, the first harrowing for instance:
Spoiler:
we know he went and helped her but we didn't see it. He was just there with her when it was over, unless sit with her is all he did
Not seen the other show you mentioned so can't relate to what part you were talking about there.

Spoiler:
The part of bringing the brother back from the dead and the other witch kinda gave me a little Pet Semetary vibe
Old 11-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #74
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Spoiler:
Yeah, the brother bit was very unexpected. When she agrees to let him kill his own brother, I'm thinking... jeeze, his brother is already "put under" from Sabrina's potion, so is he just gonna walk up and smother him with a pillow? Cover his mouth and just suffocate him? But he reaches for a rifle instead! Like, what?! Of all the ways you could kill your brother, you want to go and blow his head off?
Old 12-18-2018, 11:00 AM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Did anyone watch the Christmas special? It was decent.

Also, it's already been renewed for season 3 and 4!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/sabrina-...-more-seasons/
Old 12-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #76
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Did anyone watch the Christmas special? It was decent.

Also, it's already been renewed for season 3 and 4!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/sabrina-...-more-seasons/
Yeah that wasn't bad, got to wait till April for season two.
Must have gone down well to get another few seasons, or does it work a little differently for streaming shows?

Spoiler:
She seemed less changed than I thought she might be at the end of the last ep (her personality) but I'm happy with that

Last edited by newfan; 12-18-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #77
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Yeah that wasn't bad, got to wait till April for season two.
Must have gone down well to get another few seasons, or does it work a little differently for streaming shows?
It must have gone real well. But Netflix doesn't share their ratings. Sabrina S1's must have been monumental.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #78
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It must have gone real well. But Netflix doesn't share their ratings. Sabrina S1's must have been monumental.
Oh? wonder why not.
Well I'm up for the next season anyway
Old 12-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #79
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I prefer Sabrina’s original fresh look. Now she’s pale with cheap ugly white wig & emo black lipstick. *sigh*

Zelda’s a real scene stealer, she’s so fascinating to watch. I think I have a milf crush on her.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #80
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm now on ep 6 of season 2.... Poor Ambrose..
I think there's only 9 eps this season so 3 more to go.

Salem still not doing much

wait...

Angels? As witch hunters. (haven't read the comics so it's all new to me)

Last edited by newfan; 04-08-2019 at 03:23 PM.