The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #41
Coro
Mad Scientist

You know the worst part of this thing? If you watch the video for these, there is a giant number 1 at the top of the spine....

So...when is 2 coming out? I may need to budget for these if they keep coming haha
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #42
zodach
Foot Soldier

What exactly is a signature plate? I see the picture of it in the listing details, but I was wondering if it's made of thicker paper or some other material?

Also, are there different illustrations for the signature plates for each edition (ie - red, black, blue) or are there different illustrations for each set sold?
zodach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #43
IamtheNorm
Foot Soldier

I ordered one of each of these earlier for my collection, it is difficult to keep up with everything that is coming out. However once I get my hands on a 1:50 number 1 then I should have just about everything the IDW has put out for the TMNT so far...and that does include three different versions of the Ultimate Collection 1,2, and 3.

IamtheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #44
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Unfortunately, Someone bought the last Blue label between the time I clicked order and checked out :-/ Sad Panda.

if someone who bought more than one blue wants to give one up, let me know. I bought a black.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #45
natecm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodach View Post
What exactly is a signature plate? I see the picture of it in the listing details, but I was wondering if it's made of thicker paper or some other material?

Also, are there different illustrations for the signature plates for each edition (ie - red, black, blue) or are there different illustrations for each set sold?
The signature plate is slightly thicker, yes. 250-gsm.

Great question; YES. The signature plate is different for each line: red/black/blue, so that is one more difference to the interior of the book.

If you look at the videos on the product page, you can see the different signature plates when they open up the books.
natecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #46
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

So...who thinks they are going to bleed us dry by putting these versions out for every trade?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #47
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheNorm View Post
and that does include three different versions of the Ultimate Collection 1,2, and 3.
Three different versions is actually not true...although each collector looks at things differently and in their own way (which is cool). This is a gray area for sure.

Officially, there are only two versions of the Ultimate Collection: the Regular and the B&W Limited for each volume. The SDCC set uses the same B&W Limited books and they aren't different versions of the books themselves. They were just packaged in a slipcase all together.

This Deluxe Limited Edition of the Change Is Constant HC is actually a different book (printing) than the original and contains a couple new vellum pages and the cover is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
So...who thinks they are going to bleed us dry by putting these versions out for every trade?
Me. (*hand raised*)

Quote:
Unfortunately, Someone bought the last Blue label between the time I clicked order and checked out :-/ Sad Panda.

if someone who bought more than one blue wants to give one up, let me know. I bought a black.
Are you planning on getting all 3 of the sets? Just curious your thoughts for your collection. I'm only buying the RED since the books themselves are the same between the RED, BLACK, and BLUE.

Last edited by rich; 10-03-2012 at 01:42 PM.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #48
zodach
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by natecm View Post
The signature plate is slightly thicker, yes. 250-gsm.

Great question; YES. The signature plate is different for each line: red/black/blue, so that is one more difference to the interior of the book.

If you look at the videos on the product page, you can see the different signature plates when they open up the books.

Thank you for the answers! Just a couple more questions.

1) Are the signature plates attached to the binding of the book or are they removable?

2) Will we be seeing any TMNT portfolios or lithographs on IDW Limited? That is what I look forward to the most.
zodach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #49
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:

It appears that I got the last Blue, but I had the checkout open for about 10 minutes....while I tried to think about the money involved. Ultimately I went ahead and made the purchase when I saw the sketches laid out in this thread.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #50
Roseangelo
Emperor

I had my finger on the buy button for the blue version this morning when Rich first posted the link. I put it in my shopping cart and everything. But then I realized that I pay about that much for 4 months of karate classes, and I'd much rather keep going with those right now than buy another edition of a book I already have. A little tempted to at least get the red version, but I dunno...
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #51
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
It appears that I got the last Blue, but I had the checkout open for about 10 minutes....while I tried to think about the money involved. Ultimately I went ahead and made the purchase when I saw the sketches laid out in this thread.
Well let me know if you change your mind
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #52
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well let me know if you change your mind
Someone on here bought 2 of each one. Might want to PM him, since I am sure he bought 2 of each so he could resale 1 of each.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #53
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Someone on here bought 2 of each one. Might want to PM him, since I am sure he bought 2 of each so he could resale 1 of each.
Well I'd like to see if I can find someone who simply has buyer's remorse before I willingly get scalped at a premium for being 30 seconds too late on the book. I'm also willing to trade OA to a collector for it, I'm not interested in trading OA to a reseller.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #54
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well I'd like to see if I can find someone who simply has buyer's remorse before I willingly get scalped at a premium for being 30 seconds too late on the book. I'm also willing to trade OA to a collector for it, I'm not interested in trading OA to a reseller.
I wouldn't say I have buyers remorse, more like sticker shock. Hard to drop that kind of cash when I am taking my wife to Paris this year for our 10th anniversary....I will recover, but it seems like bad timing.

*edit: Out of curiosity what kind of OA do you have? Link?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #55
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
I wouldn't say I have buyers remorse, more like sticker shock. Hard to drop that kind of cash when I am taking my wife to Paris this year for our 10th anniversary....I will recover, but it seems like bad timing.

*edit: Out of curiosity what kind of OA do you have? Link?
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=54209

Not all of it would be available for trade obviously (as some of it is worth many many many times the price of the book), but I'd be open for discussions.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #56
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Hmm...they will sell graded comics as well. Hopefully we get some Eastman sketches soon

Everyone that purchased the Red/Black/Blue books.....are you going to open them?
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #57
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I had my finger on the buy button for the blue version this morning when Rich first posted the link. I put it in my shopping cart and everything. But then I realized that I pay about that much for 4 months of karate classes, and I'd much rather keep going with those right now than buy another edition of a book I already have. A little tempted to at least get the red version, but I dunno...
Good reasoning...sounds like a wise choice. The RED gets you the book...the other stuff is just bonus material

Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #58
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=54209

Not all of it would be available for trade obviously (as some of it is worth many many many times the price of the book), but I'd be open for discussions.
Nice collection! Out of curiosity where did you get your Crunchamugas claymation Mikey? That's awesome and I had never heard of them before. As far as a trade goes I think I will hold off, but I will keep it in mind, and appreciate the link.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #59
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Good reasoning...sounds like a wise choice. The RED gets you the book...the other stuff is just bonus material
Isn't the physical book different for each?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #60
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Isn't the physical book different for each?
That depends...if you count the foil stamp and ribbon as "different" then I guess it is...however, I don't (at least not enough to shell out $725 for them all).

Here's the post about it.