The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 07:40 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well... maybe my German shepherd in the next room is a reincarnation of Bob Holloway who used to run the ice cream shop 50 years ago. That doesn't make him human.
You are like, 92% of why I even bother around here, man.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:55 PM   #42
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm just...

Wake me up when Ch'rell gets a mini series. Probably paired with Ma'riell.

I can agree that Jenny's stuff is "manufactured", but I also agree that her time for a mini series has come, considering most of the other characters have already. Just because it has a "manufactured" feel, it doesn't mean it's The Suits trying to "pander". It's also not a sign the company or the comic is struggling financially.

Especially when there's also female characters that do have a lot of interesting appeal that isn't being worked on. Ma'riell and Zom are both significantly more interesting to me. (Well, Zom as she is in the present at least; I still think For the Heart, For the Herd was a disaster).

What also felt like "manufacturing" was Bebop and Rocksteady getting TWO mini series and being even more invincible behemoths than they usually are.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #43
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

On the one hand, this miniseries would be a good space to finally give Jennika some legitimate character development and flesh her out a bit. As it stands, being turned into a turtle is the most interesting thing that's happened to her, which is also part of the problem. I can tell you all about stuff that happens to Jennika, but not about Jennika herself, because really, Jennika herself doesn't have much of a character. However, neither did Hob when he started out, and now he's one of the most interesting characters in the book. This series has always had a slow burn approach to its storytelling, especially due to how much plot is crammed into it sometimes, so maybe it's just taken awhile to get to the actual substantial part of her story. On the other hand, I really hope she doesn't hijack the book. I wouldn't mind her being the focus for a bit, but only if they're able to develop her a little beforehand. If she becomes the focus before that, she'll end up being a mary sue.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:52 AM   #44
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Venus done right would be a mutated female turtle, with no human history prior to mutation. But that's my $0.02.
I wouldn’t have balked at Venus. Next Mutation was cringe, Venus has some weird design choices, like shell tits, but I’d be fine with a long lost sister angle, or even the 5th turtle in the bowl/lab whatever, maybe even reference others who may have been in another tank, unhatched. You could fill out the whole rainbow of headgear if you want.

But sadly, as much as I don’t like to point it out, this reads only as identity politics, and exploiting an anti-male trend amongst the female incels in comics.

Last edited by TommyT; 11-13-2019 at 05:02 AM.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:07 AM   #45
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
But sadly, as much as I don’t like to point it out, this reads only as identity politics, and exploiting an anti-male trend amongst the female incels in comics.
Nothing about the creation of the character reads as identity politics, only the way she was marketed. Her creation just needed more time in the oven and her mutation was poorly timed alongside a much bigger arc that had no time to deal with her.

As a side note, I can't help but notice the tags you added to the thread. So I'll tell you what I told them. Name calling is not how adults settle their differences. So please stop acting like a child before everyone here starts regretting standing up for you.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #46
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Jennika's mutation feels like Donatello's resurrection in "Vengeance"... really rushed amidst the big conflict that was supposed to be the focus.
Agreed 100%. Donatello's resurrection was so badly handled it was legit boring, void of emotion. There was hardly ANY personal beef between him and Shredder or B & R when he returned, like they weren't the ones who almost killed him. Really disappointing.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #47
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Agreed 100%. Donatello's resurrection was so badly handled it was legit boring, void of emotion. There was hardly ANY personal beef between him and Shredder or B & R when he returned, like they weren't the ones who almost killed him. Really disappointing.
The writers seem to have a bad habit of dropping plot points like that, which could lead to interesting character interactions, in favor of moving along the plot. One of the few times they actually acknowledged it was Koya's beef with Leonardo. It didn't really last very long, but at least it happened.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:43 PM   #48
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My understanding of the Don situation is that all the trauma ended up getting "dumped" into Metalhead, but that still doesn't resolve the issue of Don needing issues with what happened to him.

Though there's a lot of trauma that just...doesn't get properly covered EXCEPT for Koya's. Maybe Hob. And even that was...weird.

But oh, boy Saki and Krang should have been a field day of trauma examination.

Saki enters a whole new world so radically different from his own that it should seem to him an alien world and he just...goes about business as usual. None of this "what do you mean Japan isn't isolated anymore" "what the hell is a lightbulb?" "why are there people trapped behind that screen?" "is there a tiny man speaking in that box?" We could have had at least one or two issues of Saki trying to adjust to the modern world.

I've gone on and on and on and on and ON about how Krang should be an absolute wreck. Trapped in a box so he can breathe, everyone he ever knew dead or in a tube, working with creatures that are ants to him intellectually, practically alone in so many different respects, and it's all his father's fault. His father who had been told again and again and again and again to stop what he's doing for the sake of his people, and with no real explanation (in spite of suggestion that he had been competent and compliant in the past), he just...didn't? And now Krang's off trying to do the exact same thing that got him into his situation in the first place? I'd think building an empire is the last thing he'd want to do with everything that's happened. I'd think he would have said "make the air suitable for us and recover from my father's sins". Still bad. But when you put it all together, Krang...doesn't make sense.

Leatherhead is the most traumatized character we have, but he's barely been in the story enough for him to "deserve" taking out Krang. When we'd NEVER seen them interact, or what Krang to did, or why Krang would think it was a good idea to mess with another mutant reptile after what happened with the Triceratons (adding to the idiocy of that with it now being a carnivore). If Leatherhead had been in the story earlier and we knew what was happening, sure. But with the way it was, it just didn't feel right.

And now we have Jennika. Who was D Y I N G and suddenly waking up in a body that is not hers. For all the discussion on "body dysphoria", that would be a perfect way to get that into someone's character. Her situation should suuuuuck, but nah, we gotta be all "oh cool she's a girl turtle"
NO IT'S DEVASTATING and we need to see it. With any luck, the mini series will be about her trying to cope with the situation she's in. And that would be interesting ifJennikahadbeenbetterdevelopedbeforeandwasn'tCase y'srebound.

(Although, with Saki and Krang's very different relationships with Earth technology in mind, I think it probably could have made at least one funny scene. Because while everything's new to Saki, Krang would have seen Earth technology grow and change - complete with a big slap in the face of rapidfire change from the 1950's onward. "Look at this idiot! Can't even figure out how televisions work!")

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 11-13-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:28 PM   #49
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
The writers seem to have a bad habit of dropping plot points like that, which could lead to interesting character interactions, in favor of moving along the plot. One of the few times they actually acknowledged it was Koya's beef with Leonardo. It didn't really last very long, but at least it happened.
To be perfectly frank, Koya's beef with Leonardo is dumb at this point, when Leo could take both her and Bludgeon simultaneously. He would have to pull his punches for Koya to have a real shot, and it's been that way since her introduction. Leo kicked her ass twice, took her wings, what even makes her think she has a chance? What makes her think this dumb vendetta against someone who is quite clearly her better will end any other way other than with her death? Makes no sense to me. But I guess that single-mindedness of hers is the point.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:48 PM   #50
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Nothing about the creation of the character reads as identity politics, only the way she was marketed. Her creation just needed more time in the oven and her mutation was poorly timed alongside a much bigger arc that had no time to deal with her.

As a side note, I can't help but notice the tags you added to the thread. So I'll tell you what I told them. Name calling is not how adults settle their differences. So please stop acting like a child before everyone here starts regretting standing up for you.
I didn’t add any tags to this thread. I don’t know how.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Leatherhead needs a mini most of all. Poor dude showed up for a single panel in like the first issue or so of City at War and never appeared again!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #52
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Leatherhead needs a mini most of all. Poor dude showed up for a single panel in like the first issue or so of City at War and never appeared again!
Y'know, you're not wrong...
Old 11-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #53
TommyT
Banned

Now I’m a bit ticked off. Who added the tags? Where are the tags? What are the damn tags?
Old 11-14-2019, 02:18 PM   #54
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Now I’m a bit ticked off. Who added the tags? Where are the tags? What are the damn tags?
You want the tags? You can't handle the tags!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:11 PM   #55
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

The tags were removed. Probably by a mod.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #56
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
The tags were removed. Probably by a mod.
Ok, what did they say?
Old 11-14-2019, 04:35 PM   #57
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ok, what did they say?
I won't go into specifics, but basically they were insulting another member of the forum.
I'm also not sure why you were accused of adding them as there's no way to check such a thing as far as I know.
Oh and for future reference the tags are at the bottom of the page and you can add them by clicking the 'edit tags' button on the right side of the tags bar.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:06 PM   #58
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I'm also not sure why you were accused of adding them as there's no way to check such a thing as far as I know.
Because he was the only one with a personal beef with them and also the only one in the thread calling people NPCs. I still don't believe him when he said he didn't do it, but they're gone now so the issue is resolved.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:16 PM   #59
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Because he was the only one with a personal beef with them and also the only one in the thread calling people NPCs. I still don't believe him when he said he didn't do it, but they're gone now so the issue is resolved.
I don't have beef with anyone here. I didn't even know you could add tags a thread, and now I do, but I'm not sure why you would. Is it like instagram?

@hypered1 - thanks. No, I didn't have an issue - somebody called me out for my point of view - which hasn't changed, and won't no matter the insults, but I won't stand for being accused of what I'm not guilty of. I'm sure a Mod could corroborate my story, as I think they can see all actions on a board.

so I'll add my own tags
#innocentuntilprovenguilty #itwasntme
Old 11-14-2019, 08:49 PM   #60
Leo656
The Franchise

The Mods indeed can see who it was who added any Tags; they generally don't "out" the person so as not to create any unneeded hostility between posters. They usually just Delete the offending Tags and reprimand the guilty party in private, if necessary.

I won't speculate, but historically, most of the Tags always came from one person, and that person hasn't posted much the last two years or so. When they do post, it's exclusively to start sh*t with someone, and they're well-known for lurking, so if I had to guess, that person would be my pick.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soylent green is people!