The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if the TMNT fandom is small for a few reasons:

- Many hardcore/original Mirage fans are now 40-50 year old adults, especially the ones who were already teenagers or adults in the 80's. They're obviously now 30 years older.

- Many casuals of the Fred Wolf era never returned to the show or the fandom. They just vaguely remember the series from their childhood but don't experience anything else TMNT related or even watch the old show.

- Kids from the 4kids 2k3 era were smaller in number and likely moved on. I wonder how many of them follow the Nick show now

- Most kids/teens of the Nick cartoon era post on tumblr and their twitter accounts. Young kids of today don't use forums, tumblr and twitter is a thing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #22
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

- Many hardcore/original Mirage fans are now 40-50 year old adults, especially the ones who were already teenagers or adults in the 80's. They're obviously now 30 years older.

- Many casuals of the Fred Wolf era never returned to the show or the fandom. They just vaguely remember the series from their childhood but don't experience anything else TMNT related or even watch the old show.

- Kids from the 4kids 2k3 era were smaller in number and likely moved on. I wonder how many of them follow the Nick show now

- Most kids/teens of the Nick cartoon era post on tumblr and their twitter accounts. Young kids of today don't use forums, tumblr and twitter is a thing.
I'm 43 and I grew up during the Fred Wolf era, I even read the TMNT Adventures archie comics in the 90s.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #23
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The Turtle Power Podcast just posted there latest episode, you can listen to it here.
http://www.turtlepowerpodcast.com/20...Episode47.html

Old 06-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The Turtle Power Podcast posted there SpoilerCast of TMNT: Out Of The Shadows, You can listen to it here.
http://www.turtlepowerpodcast.com/20...Episode48.html

Last edited by TigerClaw; 06-13-2016 at 09:49 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:36 PM   #25
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Most people, grew up.
It happens to the best of us.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The Turtle Power Podcast just posted the latest episode, you can listen to it here.
http://www.turtlepowerpodcast.com/20...Episode49.html

Old 09-08-2016, 12:11 AM   #27
funatic
Mad Scientist

Doubt it's run by dromers, but I've recently been listening to the 'Too Much Ninja Turtles' podcast. A witty husband and wife (in New Zealand?) watch each episode of the original toon and "critically deconstruct" them for your listening pleasure. Good for a few laughs. Though it looks like it hasn't been updated in awhile - I'm only about halfway thru the feed so can't say if they're done for good or not.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Turtle Power Podcast posted the latest episode today.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #29
ninja pizza
Thug

"Turtle Flakes" is a podcast i've been listening to lately, and its totally tubular dude! I'd give it a 9.95!
ninja pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #30
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Turtlesoup

Turtlesoup is my favourite.

http://turtlesoupshow.com/

I mostly listen to the Archie comics reviews. These two guys like it and it's great hearing them saying how great it is, and explaining why they like it. I used to read Archie back in the 1990's.

So if you're out for something positive, listen to it. There are alread too much bashings for the sake of bashing out there.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #31
Turtles-Boy
Mouser

I have a weekly TMNT podcast called "TMNT - Der Talk" (which translates to "TMNT - The Talk") which you could check out.
I'm up to episode 83.
Well, the thing is, it's a german podcast. But maybe some german speaking TMNT fans could enjoy it.

http://tmnttalk.blogspot.co.at/
Turtles-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:43 AM   #32
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja pizza View Post
"Turtle Flakes" is a podcast i've been listening to lately, and its totally tubular dude! I'd give it a 9.95!
I've started listening to it.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Turtle Power Podcast posted a new episode, on this episode they interviewed writer John Lees and artist Nick Pitarra of TMNT Universe #6
http://www.turtlepowerpodcast.com/20...Episode51.html

Old 01-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #34
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Turtlesoup is my favourite.

http://turtlesoupshow.com/

I mostly listen to the Archie comics reviews. These two guys like it and it's great hearing them saying how great it is, and explaining why they like it. I used to read Archie back in the 1990's.

So if you're out for something positive, listen to it. There are alread too much bashings for the sake of bashing out there.

Honestly, this is the best TMNT podcast out there. Their movie and game reviews are excellent and they're also a blast to listen to. Nice guys both on and off the podcast.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:18 AM   #35
Turtle Flakes
Mouser

Hey guys! While I'm probably not considered a hardcore dromer, as I've just now started posting on these forums this year, I've used these forums a lot for good information and have referenced The Technodrome a lot on the show. Anyway, we're a family friendly show, and we try to squeeze out at least two or three episodes a month dedicated to every era of the Turtles. We'd love for you guys to give it a listen!

P.S. It's my goal to post on these forums a bit more this year. I'm more of a reader than a writer here. haha

Cowabunga!
Turtle Flakes is offline   Reply With Quote