The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2018, 02:22 AM   #1
Shark_Blade
Emperor

"Be patient. It’s going to be okay. We’re being respectful of the franchise.”

Quote:
“Be patient. It’s going to be okay. We’re being respectful of the franchise.”

-Andy Suriano on Rise of the TMNT.
https://twitter.com/tmnt/status/965003377250889728

Thoughts?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:32 AM   #2
newfan
Mad Scientist

As well as a lot of hype they got a lot of negativity too, they are just addressing it.

Not everyone is going to like the new designs and things like the leader shift but 'be patient' might mean it isn't going to be AS different as people think, wait (all the way till autumn) and see first.

Edit: re post below, yeah there's the difference between not liking something/giving an opinion and losing it/trolling etc.

Last edited by newfan; 02-19-2018 at 04:34 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:20 AM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Haters gonna hate, thats all I gotta say.

Even if I don't find myself interested in Rise, I find no reason to create a storm/flare over it like is being done on Social Media.

Totally superflous but I couldn't care less and find it equally superflous to complain about the negativity as complaining about the show.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 02-19-2018 at 10:57 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Edit: re post below, yeah there's the difference between not liking something/giving an opinion and losing it/trolling etc.
There should be a difference. There should be nuance.
Folks should be able to say: This doesn't work for me, and then be able to articulate why it doesn't work, and/or just move on.

Rather than...well, what folks have been saying to garner a response like the one that started this thread.

Are those days gone?
Did they ever exist in the first place?

Heck, I have yet to see people actually define the word: Toxic.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #5
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Of course Andy had to say it. He could not say, "We do not know this franchise and do not understand it, and we did not get enough time to understand and do something right."

This is a standard phrase that they say always. And nothing more.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #6
sdp
-

Jeeze, the feedback has to be really ugly for they to tweet it out.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Bebop, Rocksteady and Technodrome. Season 2. As damage control.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Respectful... That remains to be seen until we see a good chunk of the first season.

And a shark could claim that it's being respectful and only just swimming circles around you, but until you know its motives via its actions it's likewise hard to trust... (And if it talks, well definitely don't.)

At this point in time, based on what we've been told, I don't call overhauls of who characters are as people - the deepest fundamental aspects of them that have long developed over time - being respectful. No more than, say, cloning someone post-death but saying, Hey, I think I'll genetically change his/her personality, because why not! I want him/her different.

If it was respectful of the characters (granted they said franchise but that shouldn't mean much different), I wouldn't feel like the guy I relate to most just won't even be there anymore... But we shall see.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-19-2018 at 10:30 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
What a time to be alive.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:25 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The "fandom" is really making itself look really, really bad and really dumb over RotTMNT. At large. For a variety of reasons, some painfully obvious.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The "fandom" is really making itself look really, really bad and really dumb over RotTMNT. At large. For a variety of reasons, some painfully obvious.
To be fair it's mostly people on twitter, most people here aren't posting there. The twitter TMNT fandom is pretty vicious, as is the one on tumblr.

I barely use social media so just imagine this place but 10 times worse.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:40 AM   #12
AquaParade
Banned

I admit to having mixed feelings.

I'm perfectly comfortable in knowing that the show isn't for me. I have no interest in watching it, it's not aimed at me, I need to let people who enjoy it, enjoy it.

That said, I'm sort of elated that this is getting negative feedback, because, idk, to be frank, it just looks really bad to me. Sure, it's fair to wait until the debut to judge it, and I'll even check out the debut episode out of curiosity, but I'm giving my first impressions here.

I think negative feedback can be a healthy thing for the franchise.When it comes to choosing directions for further movies, video games, comics....the success of this take on the TMNT could very well be influential. So I can't deny that I'd be pleased with the fandom giving the message that "Hey, this TMNT Injustice 2 DLC is great, we'll buy this" and "Please try again with the direction of the cartoon".
Then again, maybe the fact that they both can exist despite eachother is enough reason not to worry about "Rise..."
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #13
Shellington
Foot Soldier

I'm ready to wait and see how it goes along.
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Shellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #14
newfan
Mad Scientist

I haven't noticed that Nicks TMNT twitter account has much of a vicious following but not sure about the other TMNT fan twitter accounts.

Agreed with Aquaparade in relation to feedback, generally speaking.

Last edited by newfan; 02-19-2018 at 01:16 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #15
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Jeeze, the feedback has to be really ugly for they to tweet it out.
I'm honestly shocked at how many on social media seem to HATE these designs. Especially considering how many seemed to love the PD mess.

It must be really bad if they feel the need to address it.

But just one look at the Splinter design makes me think they arn't being respectful to the franchise and are more parodying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

I'm shocked your not at the fore front of all the complaining.... this entire series would be like your worst nightmare ;o).

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:20 PM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I'm honestly shocked at how many on social media seem to HATE these designs. Especially considering how many seemed to love the PD mess.

It must be really bad if they feel the need to address it.
While these things can be difficult to guage, it wasn't at all my impression that social media loved the Platinum Dune designs.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
While these things can be difficult to guage, it wasn't at all my impression that social media loved the Platinum Dune designs.
Vegita-san is trolling as usual.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #18
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Yeah some fans are not a good representation of the fandom. I’ve seen several good social media posts and contributed several myself. But it’s not easy to balance the scale.

Negativity seems to always get more attention. I wonder how many people want to be positive but don’t have the energy to put up with negative comments about their positive comment. I’ve had people respond to my “good” comment with “bad” comments. But I haven’t seen any “bad” comments replied to with “good.”

Why are negative people always more loud than positive? The new look of the show and toys could actually be really liked by a lot of people. But they just don’t voice their opinions.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #19
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Damage control for what? The show's target audience isn't going to care about any of that stuff.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #20
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Who was the poster on here that got mad at Ciro for basically telling him to **** off after they sent him a message on Facebook about the things they didn't like about his show?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote