The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 05-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #341
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
So is this game any good on 3DS? I have the first one they made and it was pretty bad...
It's miles above the first 3DS game.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #342
MetalSonic30
New Recruit

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze OST Rip

For those who might be looking, there is a ripped soundtrack of this game available. It's only missing the Boss Intro Cutscene which The Negative Ion (the one who ripped the soundtrack) was unable to get because of the lack of loops in that specific song. Click this link to download the soundtrack: http://www.filedropper.com/tmntdotoostrip

I'm only helping out The Negative Ion share the link so others can enjoy this soundtrack.
MetalSonic30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #343
oceanfr
Random Punk

Its strange but yea, you gotta go back to look for them
oceanfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #344
Fang Wolf
Proud Swedish Furry

Question Is it different in Europe and the USA's versions?

I have a question?
Is it different on Europe and the USA's versions of the Game?
For I'm have Europe: Swedish version.
Fang Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 11:18 PM   #345
Leo656
The Franchise

So I picked this up today for PS3 at GameStop because it was like $17. I didn't have/never played the other Nick game yet either, but I heard this one was at least a little bit better so I picked this one over that one since they were the same price.

Anyone care to sum it up in a sentence for me?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 11:54 PM   #346
Powder
So tired of this place

A game that is a joy to experience visually but an exercise in frustration to control.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:10 AM   #347
Leo656
The Franchise

I appreciate you.

I'll probably mess with it later. Not expecting much. Just another addition to the "I cant walk into a video game store with $20 and leave empty-handed" list.

Old 12-06-2015, 02:13 AM   #348
Powder
So tired of this place

If you like Metroidvania games, & the Nick series aesthetic, it's a good time. The controls can just be a bit annoying, that's all. Granted, I had the 3DS version, dunno if they're any better on a home console.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #349
Leo656
The Franchise

Started playing it yesterday. It's alright. Doesn't seem to be much to it. Collision detection is pretty crummy, the hits don't have any weight to them and everyone but Donatello has way too short of a reach. Kinda wish they'd tightened that up a little. Also, the way that (so far) the enemies don't even attack you unless you're right on top of them is kind of weird. It feels very much like a game made strictly for kids, which I guess it is. Any challenge is, so far, nonexistent.

So far it feels kind of like a modern version of the old NES game, with jumping controls that aren't sh*t, what with the way you can swap Turtles on the fly, having to go back and rescue Turtles from various rooms when you lose one, the sprawling map, etc. That's kind of cool. It's like they borrowed the good parts from the NES game and abandoned the stuff that made it sh*tty.

If you're a little kid TMNT fan playing it then it's probably an A, otherwise I'd say C. There's like nothing to it. My wife was watching me play it and she was bored stiff.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #350
Powder
So tired of this place

It gets pretty challenging as you advance, though.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:32 PM   #351
Leo656
The Franchise

I used the Portal to warp to Dimension X last night, is it soon? Also, do I end up going back to the city in-story to finish getting those hidden things, or should I just go back and do all that before I do Dimension X? Does it matter?

Also, it's not exactly hard to find where you're going or what your next objective is but the game could use some kind of hint system or even like a "Next Objective: Go Here/Do This", just because I missed part of a cutscene, saved the game, went to bed, went to work, then started playing again after I got home, and if I hadn't half-remembered Donnie saying something about going back to TCRI, I would have no idea where to go next because I'd completely forgotten what I was doing. And it still took an hour of aimless circling around before I even remembered, "Wait, I think Donnie said to go back to TCRI," and even then I wasn't sure because I missed part of the cutscene. I'unno, I don't think it would have hurt anything just to have an Objective marker or something.

I'unno it's fine.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:46 AM   #352
Leo656
The Franchise

Just beat it. Think I missed one or two power-ups. It was okay. It's an okay Turtles game, it's just a little repetitive and monotonous. I'm happy with it for what I paid for it.

I think the best thing I can say is that it's quite colorful. And that anyone can play it. I think I'll give it a solid B. Nothing fantastic but nothing offensive. I had two glitches, one where the doors didn't open after I beat Rahzar, and I had to restart, and another where I got stuck in a wall and had to restart. Other than that, and some collision detection issues, everything was fine. The jumping especially was very precise. I liked how they handled the wall-jumping, climbing, etc. It definitely feels like they were trying to make a smoothed-out and simplified version of the NES game.

I didn't play the other Nick game, what's that one like? Totally different or what?

Old 12-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #353
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Y'know, I've had this game for a while now and it's just collected dust beside my PS3. I should pop it in soon and give it a shot. My wife bought it for us not realizing it was strictly one-player, but game time is at a premium and lately cooperative games take precedent.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #354
Leo656
The Franchise

I think a 1-player TMNT game is fundamentally kinda dumb, but it doesn't affect me since I usually play games alone anyways. But yeah, what the hell's with the lack of 2-player? Kinda weak.

It's not bad, and it's short. It's okay for a weekender. It won't hit ya with the ol' Razzle-Dazzle but you won't feel like you wasted your time at all.

Interestingly, I also got it for PS3 despite mostly getting games on 360. For some reason, it was $17 on PS3 and $23 on 360 at GameStop, so that's what it came down to.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #355
shihe
Hench Mutant

Got this game not long ago for 3DS (Splinter's Training Pack, that came bundled with the first Nick game).

I actually loved this quite a bit.
What's the issue with the controls everyone's talking about? Mine controlled perfectly.

The only drawback I see, is the lack of "Back to Title Screen" option. And, it's relatively easy. The only time I got wiped out was in the final battle. The only other time when I did, I did it on purpose to see what happened if all of the turtles got captured.

Maybe it's the ammount of homages to past TMNT games (and shows), but this had enough charm. I'm glad I got it from Amazon at $8.

I really dig the music too.
Gotta say, my least favorite turtle's moveset was Donatello.
Usually he'd dominate games like this, but his staff was weirdly short ranged, and pretty much any other turtle bested him at his strengths. Still, it was really satisfying to land an upper taijutsu as him.

Haven't gotten 100% yet, though, got 92%ish, and cleared it in nearly under 5 hours.

Not top 10 material, but pretty dang good either way. Better than Radical Rescue, and I really like that one!
Old 08-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #356
Avenger
Thug

I bought the game last weekend.

Little bit repetitive, but I like the style. I wish there would be more beacons to travel faster trough all the maps. I lost again Shredder, and now I'm gonna spend half-a-hour to rescue everyone.

I know I can use the vortex (yellow and pink), the helicopter and the moto, but I still have to walk big part of the maps. When you're close to finish the game, it's just annoying to re-walk everything.

Is there a new game + option? If I start a new game, I would be happy to open every red/yellow doors as soon as I find them.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #357
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I bought the game last weekend.

Little bit repetitive, but I like the style. I wish there would be more beacons to travel faster trough all the maps. I lost again Shredder, and now I'm gonna spend half-a-hour to rescue everyone.

I know I can use the vortex (yellow and pink), the helicopter and the moto, but I still have to walk big part of the maps. When you're close to finish the game, it's just annoying to re-walk everything.

Is there a new game + option? If I start a new game, I would be happy to open every red/yellow doors as soon as I find them.
There's a meditation room right next to the area you fight Shredder, save there and reload your save if you die, it's like 2 rooms away, takes only a couple of minutes to reach him this way.

No NG+ though.