The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #7661
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, yeah, I think that was it. lol Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Burned my right index finger on steam when opening an egg cooker...so of course that hurts.
Ow, man, steam burns suck so bad! Hope it's not too bad!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:03 PM   #7662
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

It hurts, but it didn't leave a mark
Old 09-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #7663
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Dad was being a brat yesterday. Mom had to go fix Grandma's computer so Dad asked me if I would put his chair down so he could be in a sitting position. I did so and then when I went back to see if he was watching the Chicago Cubs game, I saw that he had reclined back and had the remote next to him! Now, the remote is in a pocket on the side of the chair and it's not that easy to reach, but he leaned down and got it out. I demanded that he give me back the remote and he fought me over it. I told him I was tired of his games and that if he kept this up he was going to fall out of the chair or hit his head on the wall and then he wouldn't be able to do anything. I stayed in the room with him until Mom came home and let her know what happened.

So, now when we put him in the chair, we're going to put him in a certain position and then unplug it from the wall so he can't operate the remote.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #7664
newfan
Stone Warrior

Little grinds like unexpected traffic making me late for my first day back at work the other day along with being rained on, just as I get here, you know how (people who wear them) your ankle can sometimes suddenly twist when you wear heels? Well, down on the floor right outside the door. I did kinda see the funny side when I went limping in bare foot carrying my shoes though.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:42 PM   #7665
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Things like that are one of the main reasons I don't wear heels. (Well that and the fact that they generally don't even make heels in my size. I wear a kids size 3.)

My gear grind. Spent the first two hours at work today as the ONLY crewperson there! It was literally just me and the overnight manager from 5 til 7- which is right when our early morning breakfast rush hits. He was doing counter while I had to run the entire drive through myself. One kitchen person for the first hour, but basically I had to take orders make drinks, bag food and take payment and hand everything out during the first big rush of the morning ALONE. Because he had a line all the way to the front door at the counter and had to cover that. And then we were shorthanded all day because only two front/DT crew came in today, and two managers to run the store. Didn't get any slack until the general manager and a couple more people came in around 11. But by then it was too little too late to make much difference.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 09-08-2017 at 05:52 PM.
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:54 AM   #7666
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Part of my issue with being unable to wear heels is that my feet turn inward when I walk. Then there's the fact that I'm not comfortable in them in the first place. I'm more of a slip-on/Mary Jane-ish shoe kind of person
Old 09-09-2017, 03:03 AM   #7667
newfan
Stone Warrior

MsMarvelDuckie That sucks, no staff but they still want the job done.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #7668
Papenbrook
Mad Scientist

SERIOUSLY, SEGA?!

This makes me REALLY angry...

Last edited by Papenbrook; 09-09-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #7669
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

I actually think that design looks pretty cool
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #7670
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
My gear grind. Spent the first two hours at work today as the ONLY crewperson there!
Can sympathize... I may not be the only one in our store, but usually the only person trying to take care of the whole second floor alone, including on weekends when you'd THINK they might try to have more staff... Being the only one is one of the things I dislike most about the job. And, like any other, the company keeps it so bare bones, but still expects perfect service and running of the place.

Then when the cashiers keep calling for me to run downstairs for something, and then run back up to check a sale sign or whatever, and run back down again... Ugh.

[Grind] Throw in the fact that the winter coats are now coming in and piling up quick in back and I've been busting my behind yesterday and today to try to get those out, but that requires a lot of moving and rearranging other stuff to somehow make room AND desperately TRYING to find enough racks that we need to even put these damn coats on... Which then had me going through a ton of clearance stuff, trying to see if there is any non-clearance and zeroed out stuff that needs to be pulled out of their, and rearranging all that so I can try to condense it down so it can spare one of the long racks I needed... lots of wasted time doing a bunch of other stuff in order to just do the thing I was really trying to do.

Six big z-racks (most of them with the double bars) packed with heavy coats later, I'm sore and wishing I had tomorrow off...

Though a coworker from downstairs came up once hoping to find spare empty racks. Uh, NO, sorry, those don't exist. Upstairs we're missing a few as it is that I assume were, over time, stolen and taken downstairs. (Not to mention was annoyed yesterday that someone stole one I'd managed to scrounge up! I was so annoyed. Turned out it was my manager and she did mention it later, so I guess I can forgive her... since she can just blame herself if we don't have enough to work with upstairs.) Add on the mass amount of clearance and we're always short on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Well... if toys are made in connection to that stuff, I guess if anything it will be easy for the toys to look enough like it? (Aka it looks rather plastic imo.)

I'm surprised anyone would go with such basic looking CGI in this day and age, but I guess it could be considered an art style. Kinda.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #7671
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Dad had a leak in his catheter this morning so Mom had to move it to the right leg since it was twisted. Have no issues so far, but we'll see what happens when we put him back in bed later.

My sis came over and brought the dog and he has a habit of licking his front paws a lot. Well, last time he did that, he puked. I told my sis today that she needs to stop him from doing that because he's going to puke. She said he wasn't going to puke, but he DID puke! I was right! You almost need to put something on his paws so he doesn't lick them.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #7672
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
New gear grind. We had roofers here at our apartments redoing all the shingles this week and they have seriously F**KED some s*it up. First they blocked our building's stairwell and my walkway with their frigging trailer to dump the old crap in, and they also just threw down a lot of that black stuff that goes under the shingles on the ground all around our patio and bushes. Almost broke the ceramic ducks on my patio with that crap falling on them. I had to take them inside. Not to mention that I couldn't even get in my own dang front door because their dump trailer was literally parked up against the wall of the building. I had to go around the stairs onto my neighbor's patio and weave past all her potted flowers (which also got crap dumped on them) to get to my door. With bags of groceries on both arms.

Then they bang on the roof for two days, hard enough to knock a picture frame(with glass) off the wall. Not only that but ever since they worked on the building, our bedroom ceiling light has been cutting in and out. It will work part of the time and then go out for no reason. And now the AC has quit. Checked the breakers and thermostat but no reason it should have stopped. But it won't come on. It clicks as if to turn on but nothing happens. I'm seriously ticked at those jerks.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:54 PM   #7673
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Alright, I'm not trying to be prejudiced or anything, but these Indian immigrant shoppers right now... lol *sigh* Oh dear. The store I work at doesn't get very many of them, yet NO ONE has been as trying on my patience over the Dockers school uniform clothing as they have. No one. It's pretty international in there and everyone else seems to get it.

They seem to be the only ones who are convinced that I should be pulling that extra pair of pants or whatever out of my ass despite being told that we have no more right now. (I mean, look, guy who came in today, if you chose to come after school started and missed a lot of it that others have already bought... well that's you.) They're also the only ones who seem to think I'm supposed to know what their child needs. ??? One couple, first the wife, and than the husband when he showed up, would not stop trying to ask me what their kids needs (as per shirt and pant colors) for their particular school - and if the uniform needs a t-shirt? - and accept the fact that it is THEIR responsibility to get that information FROM the school. We're a department store, not a specialty shop with a catalog of school info! The stock comes in, I get it onto the floor, maintain it, help customers find the right size - that is it. (Okay I have a lot more tasks, but that's what relates to a specific department.)

Another mother yesterday asked if what she had for her daughter was appropriate/right. Again, the colors. *SHRUG*

I mean, I just laugh at it now, but in the moment it's frustrating and feels a bit imprisoning trying to work with them and being expected to do the shopping for them or give them info I'm not privy to. I don't care who you are...that should be common sense that some random stranger working in a store hasn't a clue about your kid's needs for school. And in my day, most of the schools around here did not require uniforms like even many of the public schools do now; I never wore any, I'm not familiar with how that goes.

On the upside, some of the TMNT shirts that had been hanging around a while are suddenly thinner piles, presumably gone on as life as new school tee's.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-10-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #7674
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

It's pretty cold this morning though it's supposed to get up to seventy three today. Really not used to this right now. Yesterday, it was so cold in the house, I had to put on long sleeves.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #7675
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
SERIOUSLY, SEGA?!

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...c_pic_06_9.png

Geez, what the frig is that?
It looks like some kind of bad OC.

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #7676
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

Today may have been one of, if not the worst day I've had to work thus far.

So, one of my managers was there from morning to 3. For some reason, she had to work until 5 by then. Once I walked in, it soon became hell for me because of her attitude. I found out she's bi-polar. I don't mean to knock on the people who have it or any mental disorder like it, but man, she was a total jerk tonight.

So, my shift was 3 to 8. I had to deal with her for two of my five-hour shift. In total, I made five mistakes, which hasn't happened to me before. First I mess up making a sandwich with the mayo on accident, then I fail to get food from the fryer because I was dealing with an order (she should have gotten it, but "priorities' for me as a worker). Afterwards, I messed up making chicken fries, more so with putting them into "finish," as she said I was ruining her business by putting in cold food (it wasn't cold!). Nobody got the fries out when I was getting food from the walk-in freezer, so I get blamed for burning them for not knowing. Finally, when I had enough and didn't want to speak with her, I went to the back to cool down and she was furious.

This wasn't the first day I've dealt with similar problems. On Saturday, I was cleaning dishes and was told I'm doing it wrong and not being fast. Nevermind the fact I never did dishes before; the videos do not help, I need one on one tutoring. It was frustrating.

If my coworkers and other two managers didn't help me, I probably would've quit out of anger. I get very emotional at points and today was brutal. I'm hoping to never have a shift with her for a while because I'm so tired of her switching back and forth on her attitude towards me. I suffer depression at points and me getting yelled at with this is just screwing me up.

Sorry for the rant, guys. I do love working at Burger King (even though I'd rather be on the register), but she's just ruining my experience there.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:40 AM   #7677
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Rant away, GM. That's what this thread is for. Sorry to hear that this is ruining your enjoyment of working at BK. I hope things get better for you. Just keep your chin up.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:11 PM   #7678
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, agree, vent all you want. As much as I've done it about work at this point I'm no one to complain about anyone else doing it.

I'm grateful that my current managers are all pretty decent. I've had some pretty crummy ones in the past and worry about facing similar again someday. Certain ones, I quite literally kind of wish I knew where they were at today so I could avoid ever working there. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
the videos do not help
Don't you love those? When will companies figure out that hands-on instruction will teach far more and far better than some video the employee will forget about by the end of the day...

Sure, I know all about doing this thing I haven't actually ever done yet, I watched a video on it once six months ago...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-12-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #7679
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, that is ridiculous.

Rain coming here thanks to Irma.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:46 AM   #7680
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Mom's aunt had what was possibly a stroke yesterday. Really worried about her even if I don't really know her that well.

Also got the Internet bill and my minutes went up to four thousand. Not sure what's going on, but when Mom checked her minutes (she can keep track of them because a window pops up on her computer), she was up to a thousand already. I told her we need to upgrade since this is happening and we have no idea why. She said she's going to call them and get us upgraded which will be a relief.