The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #61
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,086
Greensboro North Carolina.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:21 AM   #62
nellyp
Stone Warrior
 
nellyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Greensboro North Carolina.
I am pretty sure that is Flair country. It's a shame they didn't make a Ric Flair figure. Apparently they prototyped more than the 4 released so maybe there will be a wave 2...if these sell as Playmates always points out.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #63
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyp View Post
I am pretty sure that is Flair country. It's a shame they didn't make a Ric Flair figure. Apparently they prototyped more than the 4 released so maybe there will be a wave 2...if these sell as Playmates always points out.
What turtle do you think would be Flair?
It would be cool if more than the four turtles got figures but I don't think it would ever happen.
Krang's Android Body=André the Giant
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #64
nellyp
Stone Warrior
 
nellyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 515
I would say splinter would be Flair. He already has the robe so just deck it out in gems. He is also older and more seasoned so yeah definitely Splinter. Put a platinum blonde wig on him and you are practically done. I would say Casey Jones for Kane but not skinny nick Casey though. 2K3 Casey would have been a cool mashup with masked Kane.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #65
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyp View Post
I would say splinter would be Flair. He already has the robe so just deck it out in gems. He is also older and more seasoned so yeah definitely Splinter. Put a platinum blonde wig on him and you are practically done. I would say Casey Jones for Kane but not skinny nick Casey though. 2K3 Casey would have been a cool mashup with masked Kane.
I laughed for some reason when reading "platinum blonde wig." Yeah that Casey idea would be rad!
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #66
TMNTFanatic4Life
Thug
 
TMNTFanatic4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 88
King of Kings Triple H= Shredder
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #67
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 18,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyp View Post
I would say splinter would be Flair. He already has the robe so just deck it out in gems. He is also older and more seasoned so yeah definitely Splinter. Put a platinum blonde wig on him and you are practically done. I would say Casey Jones for Kane but not skinny nick Casey though. 2K3 Casey would have been a cool mashup with masked Kane.
Have you found em dude?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #68
The Deadman
Mad Scientist
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,022
Apparently this is the 2nd wave of this line

__________________

Last Movie Watched: Alien 3 (1992).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E46).
Last Video Game Played: Dirt 4 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #69
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 24,980
Wait....why Donnie as Ultimate Warrior...then again why is he the Undertaker.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #70
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,870
Jeez, wasn't expecting more of these!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #71
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,593
God. I wouldn't care nearly as much about Playmates cockblocking other companies if they weren't expecting us to buy this stuff over say 1/12 scale NECA Henson turtles... Ugh.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #72
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 3,567
why another wave of turtles why not do the side characters.

Shredder as Kane
Casey as Seth Rollins or someone else
April as Charlotte or Becky Lynch or Trish Stratus
Splinter as Tajiri or shinskie Nakamura
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #73
TMNTFanatic4Life
Thug
 
TMNTFanatic4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Apparently this is the 2nd wave of this line

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2N06ezWQAAyhVt.jpg:large

Ugh, more turtle ones...


I wish they did wave 2 with the TMNT villains as wrestlers. I want Shredder as Triple H.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #74
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 18,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Apparently this is the 2nd wave of this line

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2N06ezWQAAyhVt.jpg:large
hahaha! oh my
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:40 AM   #75
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
why another wave of turtles why not do the side characters.

Shredder as Kane
Casey as Seth Rollins or someone else
April as Charlotte or Becky Lynch or Trish Stratus
Splinter as Tajiri or shinskie Nakamura
That'd be too much work for them.
__________________
CLICK THE BANNER TO VIEW MY CUSTOM FIGURE BLOG!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #76
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wait....why Donnie as Ultimate Warrior...then again why is he the Undertaker.

Maybe because he is the slightly taller Turtle? More likely they just did them at random though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
God. I wouldn't care nearly as much about Playmates cockblocking other companies if they weren't expecting us to buy this stuff over say 1/12 scale NECA Henson turtles... Ugh.

And yet we live in a world where we get both. You just can't buy them both at Toys R Us.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
why another wave of turtles why not do the side characters.

Based on the Assortment numbers, Playmates considers this a continuation of the Classics line. And that line has been retailer exclusives for quite a while, including the first series of WWE Turtles. So I'm going guess this series will be as well. If that is the case, the retailer that is buying the series would likely have far more input than normal. And just like almost every license ever, the retailers want to see the main character(s) on the shelf. (And that doesn't just mean for TMNT, take a look at how many stupid Batman and Wolverine variations have been produced by other companies.) The same principle applies here. They could have expanded the series to add another character in. But I doubt they could have sold the line without the four Turtles. (Well, I guess they could have skipped Donnie and replaced him with a side character. They seem to overlook him a lot.)
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:16 AM   #77
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
And yet we live in a world where we get both. You just can't buy them both at Toys R Us.
You show me where I can get 1/12 scale Henson turtles from NECA and I'll be first in line with my cash.

Wait, you can't. Because they don't exist.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:01 AM   #78
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
You show me where I can get 1/12 scale Henson turtles from NECA and I'll be first in line with my cash.

Wait, you can't. Because they don't exist.
Henson versions specifically, you are correct NECA hasn't made them. They have made 1:12 scale video game figure and the Mirage comic based figures. So clearly they can make 1:12 scale TMNT figures. Hopefully 90's movie figures are in the works from them. But the fact that they haven't made them yet and if they decide not to make them in the future, it won't be because they can't get the rights to do it because of Playmates.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #79
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
But the fact that they haven't made them yet and if they decide not to make them in the future, it won't be because they can't get the rights to do it because of Playmates.
No but Playmates has blocked anyone else from doing so in the retail market unless actions are taken such as turning things into keychains, etc.
They just don't understand the collectors market and most of the time it seems that they really don't care and just want to focus on kids.
So with them thinking that way it shouldn't be an issue to allow them to sell at least to Toys R Us and have them put only in their collector vector section of the store or something like that.
__________________
CLICK THE BANNER TO VIEW MY CUSTOM FIGURE BLOG!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #80
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
No but Playmates has blocked anyone else from doing so in the retail market unless actions are taken such as turning things into keychains, etc.
They just don't understand the collectors market and most of the time it seems that they really don't care and just want to focus on kids.
So with them thinking that way it shouldn't be an issue to allow them to sell at least to Toys R Us and have them put only in their collector vector section of the store or something like that.
i agree with you here. if they only care about selling to kids chances are kids wont even look in the collector vector section so if NECA could sell Henson turtles or even make the video game figures to sell individually people would be happy adult collectors wouldn't hate Playmates so much and kids could still get their figures

i would rather see Playmates allow other "collector" companies like NECA make collector figures then to continue to watch Playmates make lousy, uninterested attempts at collector figures
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.