The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,508
Turtles merch Museum

If someone were to create a museum of Turtles items, what kinds of things would you want to see included?

What kinds of things would you not want to see included?

Comics & toys, official items or bootleg...

Also, how much would you be willing to shell out to go to said museum, if it had things you'd like to see in it? $5 entry, free entry (hard to do that), more or less?

Kevin used to have the Words & Pictures Museum which had a turtles section (or maybe it was all turtles? I dunno, never hesrd of it while it was open...) but it didn't stay open long...
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
If someone were to create a museum of Turtles items, what kinds of things would you want to see included?

What kinds of things would you not want to see included?

Comics & toys, official items or bootleg...

Also, how much would you be willing to shell out to go to said museum, if it had things you'd like to see in it? $5 entry, free entry (hard to do that), more or less?

Kevin used to have the Words & Pictures Museum which had a turtles section (or maybe it was all turtles? I dunno, never hesrd of it while it was open...) but it didn't stay open long...
This topic might have fit in other forum places as well. I'm not sure I've seen a TMNT thread in this section before.
Anyways to answer,
What comes to mind is...
Toy stuff with
Sub sections
Wear it stuff with
Sub sections
Entertainment with
Sub sections
Food stuff
Art stuff
Oddities/Miscellaneous
Interactive sections.
I would pay the $5 entry fee yes. Maybe even $40. But it should travel and be setup in multiple locations. If it was only in one city that would be difficult for many to visit. Maybe it could be setup at all the major comic conventions.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
This topic might have fit in other forum places as well. I'm not sure I've seen a TMNT thread in this section before.
Anyways to answer,
What comes to mind is...
Toy stuff with
Sub sections
Wear it stuff with
Sub sections
Entertainment with
Sub sections
Food stuff
Art stuff
Oddities/Miscellaneous
Interactive sections.
I would pay the $5 entry fee yes. Maybe even $40. But it should travel and be setup in multiple locations. If it was only in one city that would be difficult for many to visit. Maybe it could be setup at all the major comic conventions.
I wasn't sure where else it best fit.... so, here it is.
I understand the idea of a moving museum, however that would be have some disadvantages such as limiting what you bring and finding a way to set it up, move it and be able to charge a fee to gain entry as well as making sure stuff isn't touched as things could be rare and/or one of a kind... along with part of it being comics, slabbed or otherwise, moving those on the regular is never fun... lol.

Interesting that you say you'd pay up to $40 though.

A friend wants to do one and has all the original line of toys, still on card/in boxes... he has some of the food stuff, still with the food... comics... the holy grail toys mint on card....

I guess for me, I'd rather see a themed restaunt cuz people still need to eat. Items in cases on the walls, posters on the ceiling... lol. Like a chain of Turtles pizza places... haha

Plus he would see a ton of issues with Nick owning them now I would think...
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #4
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,633
I think TMNT is vast enough to support a small museum of items. Last I heard, Michelle Ivy was attempting one.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,855
Yeah, Michele Ivy did do one at one point, but it didn't last long.

If you're talking about a museum for the movies and TV shows I would like to see props, costumes, some sets, and animation cels from the shows and maybe some scripts too.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, Michele Ivy did do one at one point, but it didn't last long.

If you're talking about a museum for the movies and TV shows I would like to see props, costumes, some sets, and animation cels from the shows and maybe some scripts too.
Dude has some scripts I believe, some animation cells, lots of original artwork for cereal boxes and things like that, but no original costumes that i'm aware of... lots of signed toys though. Lol.

I suggested he do an inventory of all the items so it will be easier to help him figure out what else to get for it... Plus he needs a nice commercial space...

I didn't know Michele did one...
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #7
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I wasn't sure where else it best fit.... so, here it is.
I understand the idea of a moving museum, however that would be have some disadvantages such as limiting what you bring and finding a way to set it up, move it and be able to charge a fee to gain entry as well as making sure stuff isn't touched as things could be rare and/or one of a kind... along with part of it being comics, slabbed or otherwise, moving those on the regular is never fun... lol.

Interesting that you say you'd pay up to $40 though.

A friend wants to do one and has all the original line of toys, still on card/in boxes... he has some of the food stuff, still with the food... comics... the holy grail toys mint on card....

I guess for me, I'd rather see a themed restaunt cuz people still need to eat. Items in cases on the walls, posters on the ceiling... lol. Like a chain of Turtles pizza places... haha

Plus he would see a ton of issues with Nick owning them now I would think...
It would need to be very extensive and very well put together to have me pay $40. I'm talking everything that is imaginable. Including Mirage and pre-surge stuff. Every mail-away item. All comics and toys. I think a traveling exhibit could technically work when you think about everything involved with musicians and a world concert tour. It would take money, employees and passion. You could offer a restaurant inside the museum like at IKEA.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 09-01-2017 at 03:26 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #8
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,552
I'd want it to have just about everything. Not just super popular stuff from turtlemania childhoods, but the obscure, weird, international, holy, etc.

When the 25th anniversary tour was going on, they had a real life turtle van that was a mini museum on wheels. That was neat, but nothing to write home about.

Myself, I hope to one day create a virtual museum in the form of a website. I've been hunting/saving pics of just about everything turtle related imaginable. Hundreds of GB's of stuff. Rare set photos from the films, developmental material from all the cartoons, little-seen commission pieces by the comic artists, prototype toys, licensing art, you name it. I've got oodles of bootleg/Japanese/unproduced things, too. Only Tokka's image collection could rival it (& there's no denying I got some of my material from his), but there's a LOT in mine you won't find in his. Just gotta figure out the best format for putting it online. Somewhat tempted to make a book of some sort, but to say the legalities of it would be muddy is a grand understatement...

If nothing else I might do image dump threads here at some point. It's my least desirable route, but it's something.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #9
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
When the 25th anniversary tour was going on, they had a real life turtle van that was a mini museum on wheels. That was neat, but nothing to write home about.
Do you know of any better quality photos or video? I found this but it's not the best.



I look forward to one day viewing your collection, it sounds intriguing.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #10
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'd want it to have just about everything. Not just super popular stuff from turtlemania childhoods, but the obscure, weird, international, holy, etc.

When the 25th anniversary tour was going on, they had a real life turtle van that was a mini museum on wheels. That was neat, but nothing to write home about.

Myself, I hope to one day create a virtual museum in the form of a website. I've been hunting/saving pics of just about everything turtle related imaginable. Hundreds of GB's of stuff. Rare set photos from the films, developmental material from all the cartoons, little-seen commission pieces by the comic artists, prototype toys, licensing art, you name it. I've got oodles of bootleg/Japanese/unproduced things, too. Only Tokka's image collection could rival it (& there's no denying I got some of my material from his), but there's a LOT in mine you won't find in his. Just gotta figure out the best format for putting it online. Somewhat tempted to make a book of some sort, but to say the legalities of it would be muddy is a grand understatement...

If nothing else I might do image dump threads here at some point. It's my least desirable route, but it's something.
Could set up a Facebook page for yours. Set stuff to post every few hours.... then I can mine it for some sweet content for TPE.

He does have a ton of rare stuff, but not a lot of bootleg stuff... I have offered to sell him some items, some of the signed big stuff that I've got... lol.

Anywho. Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of a travelling museum just making that work State to State would be difficult at best... Have to probably do a big rig, then you need someone to drive and a planned route to where to go as well as guarenteed attendence at each stop... Although I wouldn't mind that cuz i've always said hitting every comic shop in the country would be cool... Take video and whatever.
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:30 AM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,855
That sounds awesome, Powder. I think doing a thread here or an FB page would work. You could even do something on your Tumblr page if you still keep up with that.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.