The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #121
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I'm saying this right now, if Episode 9 does Not get above 4 Million viewers then I will be Very Dissapointed! 'The Gauntlet' Deserves 7 Million views on Saturday! If it gets lower than 3 Mil than I would flip out but hopefully that won't happen
Hahaha, either way, you're silly. Silly man, you silly.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #122
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Hahaha, either way, you're silly. Silly man, you silly.
Are you Ok? Have you been smoking any.........crayons?
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #123
PhatRam32
Hench Mutant

I don't see why it would not get at least 3 million viewers. This episode was epic and everyone was waiting for this showdown between shredder and the turtles.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #124
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatRam32 View Post
I don't see why it would not get at least 3 million viewers. This episode was epic and everyone was waiting for this showdown between shredder and the turtles.
Kids do no differentiate different episodes. They either watch or they don't for various reasons, its not like they have any clue what an episode will be like before they see it.

Remember when you were a kid sometimes you couldn't watch cartoons because your parents took you somewhere on Saturday mornings, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #125
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Remember when you were a kid sometimes you couldn't watch cartoons because your parents took you somewhere on Saturday mornings, etc.
Yes but last Saturday's Episode had almost a million drop in viewers. This Saturday's (Now that I think about it) could get Even Less considering the amount of people that didn't think there would be Episode this Saturday and overall the premise for the Episode didn't sound all that intresting for some people. And thanksgiving could play a huge part in the decline in Viewers!

But we'll see....(Hoping atleast 3.5 Mil)
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #126
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant

Last Saturday's episode, "The Gauntlet", got 2.801 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ge-4/#comments
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #127
CyberCubed
Overlord

Shame that TMNT isn't a bigger hit, but its holding its own.

I guess airing on Nick doesn't keep around the kids who watch Spongebob which is bizarre.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #128
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

That's........Severely Dissapointing
Old 11-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #129
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Shame that TMNT isn't a bigger hit, but its holding its own.

I guess airing on Nick doesn't keep around the kids who watch Spongebob which is bizarre.
What are you talking about? It is a big hit! It may not be Spongebob, but it seems like it's doing fine.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #130
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Are you Ok? Have you been smoking any.........crayons?
Gonna flip out?

Also I think paying close attention to the ratings and caring about the peaks and valleys is for the birds. It's just crazy making.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #131
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Its probably low because its thanksgiving break and many kids are on vacation sooooooo.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #132
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
What are you talking about? It is a big hit! It may not be Spongebob, but it seems like it's doing fine.
It's doing fine but probably not as well as Nick had hoped. Hopefully ratings remain stable and don't continue declining like the past weeks.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #133
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It's doing fine but probably not as well as Nick had hoped. Hopefully ratings remain stable and don't continue declining like the past weeks.
Interesting. This is what HerpDerp had to say,

Quote:
Ratings for shows often go up and down and it normally takes a couple of seasons for things to pick up anyway. For a new show TMNT is doing pretty well.

SpongeBob is probably helping TMNT, if anything, because it gives a bigger lead-in. If they put less popular shows on, more kids would just watch other channels and TMNT would do even worse.

It's still not doing badly and gets better ratings than most of Nick's other shows, so I wouldn't worry about it being cancelled.
What's you standpoint on that?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #134
PhatRam32
Hench Mutant

Still don't quite understand how the ratings can just drop like that.. 3.7mil to 2.8 mil in a matter of weeks? The episodes are only getting better.. don't get it. Was the last episode too dark for kids to understand? Just baffled...
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #135
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Still don't quite understand how the ratings can just drop like that.. 3.7mil to 2.8 mil in a matter of weeks? The episodes are only getting better.. don't get it. Was the last episode too dark for kids to understand? Just baffled...
And the fact that Spongebob aired right before it with 4 Million views....what, did people just turn the TV Off after Spongebob aired?

Though obviously it will get better in time. Remember, most people didn't even know there was an Episode last Saturday! The drop is understandable, every single show has a massive drop after a random Episode. It's just a matter of people missing the show or waiting to watch it online, There are too many factors! Its all a matter of luck.

We know atleast 12 Million people are watching the Show in America overall so the ratings for one saturday morning episode isn't going to change anything. The problem I had was that this was the Turtles 1st encounter with Shredder which was Epic and I expected to get higher views but oh well....The Show is still doing really good and beating its competitors
Old 11-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #136
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Quote:
Like i said they are on thanksgiving break a lot of kids are probably on vacation and are in places where they cant watch tv or they are swimming or something.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #137
PhatRam32
Hench Mutant

We will see how the ratings are for the next few episodes.. hopefully the ratings drop was a fluke..
Old 11-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #138
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
We will see how the ratings are for the next few episodes.. hopefully the ratings drop was a fluke..
Its not a fluke. Shows go through highs and lows like this all the time, especially for a "new" show.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #139
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

The ratings have been declining because Nickelodeon is not promoting the episodes at all. I did not see ONE commercial fro Never Say Xever, The Gauntlet, OR Panic In The Sewers. Not every kid is going to be like "ZOMG ITS SATURDAY! I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT THERE WILL BE A TMNT EPISODE AT EXACTLY 11:00 AM!" It's Nickelodeon's fault, really. Remember guys, ratings aren't everything, the toys are flying off shelves, and the sales of those play a big part in the success of the show.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #140
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
The ratings have been declining because Nickelodeon is not promoting the episodes at all. I did not see ONE commercial fro Never Say Xever, The Gauntlet, OR Panic In The Sewers. Not every kid is going to be like "ZOMG ITS SATURDAY! I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT THERE WILL BE A TMNT EPISODE AT EXACTLY 11:00 AM!" It's Nickelodeon's fault, really. Remember guys, ratings aren't everything, the toys are flying off shelves, and the sales of those play a big part in the success of the show.
But the difference is they have their TV's on watching Spongebob right before.

That means they're literally turning their TV's OFF the moment Spongebob ends and TMNT begins. That's the problem.

Nick purposely put TMNT right after Spongebob in hopes those kids would stick around for it, but that doesn't seem to be happening sadly.

Tags
7 seasons at least, nick, ratings