The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 06:13 PM   #21
sdp
-

She was great, not perfect but I would also rank her as the best animated April so far. I feel that the writers often found it difficult to implement her into the turtles' random adventures. I wish her design had some yellow somewhere as a short reference to OT April, it didn't have to be a lot, her earings or something small in her pants or whatever. The crop top look fit her and it's only akward when she's wearing a lab coat or in a more formal setting but that's the fault of the designers not giving her another outfit to wear for those scenes. Her re-design was not a bad one i just didn't look like 2k3 April and more of the 2007 one and the yellow bruce lee outfit is ugly even if it's the yellow I wanted.

OT April is great but I mean like most OT characters there just isn't that much to them, odd design but it worked. Nick April sucks, I was not a fan of her being such a big part of the story with the psychic powers crap, I like her outfit but not her face. Rise April has potential since Nick April didn't take advantage of having a Teenage April but I hope teen April doesn't become the norm, I'd rather April have a hologram "Bat" and a pet than psychic powers, I like her outfit but not a fan of the race change.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #22
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

2003 April was sweet and nurturing, yet steadfast and tough when she needed to be. I thought that early in 2k3 she was kind of a surrogate big sister as they learned more about the human world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #23
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I like the fact that she was loyal to the turtles, more than any other animated April. The one from the 80's was more interested in reporting the news, and Nick April was kinda annoying
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #24
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

2k3 April is my favorite April so far. I like all of the Aprils but I probably like 2012 April the least, mostly because of her powers. Also I don't care for the concept of child April. I like it more when she is older than the turtles. If done right they can learn from her.

2k3 is the team mom/big sister of the group and that is my favorite interpretation of her.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:05 AM   #25
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

The best incarnation in my opinion. Like Dejablue said, her loyalty to the turtles, along with her ability to stand alone and hold her own, her personality, her smarts and skills, her and Casey’s relationship. All reasons why I believe her to be the best version.
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:42 PM   #26
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Nick April didn't take advantage of having a Teenage April.
What advantages does a teenaged April O'Neil have over an adult?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #27
dragonside
Hench Mutant

She was smart and could hold her own. Great incarnation.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:48 AM   #28
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think she lacked a bit of presence.
But she doesn't need to hangout with the turtles for almost every adventure, especially not since the 4 Kids incarnation wasn't a journalist.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:26 PM   #29
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
What advantages does a teenaged April O'Neil have over an adult?
Well, she can actually do things that teenagers do, learn lessons that teenagers learn. You know teen stuff. If you aren't going to do that then why de-age April at all? Have her be an adult like she's supposed to be not some retarded psychic powers forcing her into the plot.

Imagine April in High School dealing with HS drama, having actual friends and interactions at school, Baxter Stockman as her science teacher. Learn those cheesy lessons cartoon teen characters always learn. Have her work in the school news paper.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #30
Overlord

Baxter Stockman

Quote:
Well, she can actually do things that teenagers do, learn lessons that teenagers learn. You know teen stuff. If you aren't going to do that then why de-age April at all? Have her be an adult like she's supposed to be not some retarded psychic powers forcing her into the plot.

Imagine April in High School dealing with HS drama, having actual friends and interactions at school, Baxter Stockman as her science teacher. Learn those cheesy lessons cartoon teen characters always learn. Have her work in the school news paper.
Should Baxter Stockman tell the students in April O'Neil's school class to build mousers during science and technology lessons during school days, and then the mousers break into banks by nights?
Old 07-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #31
ABrown
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Should Baxter Stockman tell the students in April O'Neil's school class to build mousers during science and technology lessons during school days, and then the mousers break into banks by nights?
I wonder if the Nickelodeon writers ever read what gets posted here at The Technodrome. Cause in two posts, the two of you just outwrote the Nick series versions of April and Baxter.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:32 AM   #32
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I wonder if the Nickelodeon writers ever read what gets posted here at The Technodrome. Cause in two posts, the two of you just outwrote the Nick series versions of April and Baxter.
You can always have rats inside the high school, as an excuse for Baxter Stockman to first build mousers.

Tags
april o'neil