The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
....and monkey island
Telltale Games was able to do a sequel a few years back.

Quote:
day of the tentacle
That's Maniac Mansion 2. Man, I love those games so much.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:41 PM   #62
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Finally some good news.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Finally some good news.
Right? It's like the first good news in years.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:01 PM   #64
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

I thought it would never happen! Needless to say, I'm beyond excited! The teaser shows footage from the Bad Batch story arc released as unrendered animatics on the Star Wars website. There are also unrendered animatics of a story arc that takes place on Utapau, the planet Obi-Wan goes to in Episode III. I really hope the Asajj Ventress and Darth Maul books get animated as well.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:48 PM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord

They had 60 scripts left, with some of those eps in various stages of development. If we only get 12 new eps that's good, but I wish we could get almost all of them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:41 PM   #66
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Based on the trailer it doesn't seem like any of the unfinished episodes are going to make it and instead it'll be its own thing that will bridge the gap between the show and the actual events of Episode III.

So a bit of a bummer that this is a quick last hoorah and not the original intended plan of the show, but hey it's more than what we expected. We thought the "rescued" Netflix episodes would be the last ones.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #67
ABrown
Banned

It was really ironic, because literally right after I finished watching the final episode of the final season, I turned on Disney XD, and this is what was on:

Spoiler:
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:21 PM   #68
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

The entire Siege of Mandalore arc was perfect from start to finish.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:57 AM   #69
snake
Disgusting

I'm still holding out hope we'll see the rest of the unfinished arcs one day. There's always a chance.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:22 PM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still can't believe they didn't animate Darth Maul's arc where the Night mother is killed. The fact that it's only in comic book form is kinda sad given how important it is to the series. Maybe they can do a standalone movie or something.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:34 PM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't understand why they're having to stop now (coronavirus stuff aside), or why they engineered this as the end. Everybody wants more Clone Wars, there's still more scripts, there is great reception by the fans... why stop now? Just so they can hurry up and get back to more "Forces of Destiny" type fare, or what?
Old 05-09-2020, 05:50 AM   #72
snake
Disgusting

Can't let those Star Wars fans enjoy something too much, okay? Unless it's Disney mandated content, of course.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's still at least 3 story arcs that were partially completed with animatrics, voice acting, and scripts done when it was originally canceled. One with Cad Bane fighting Boba Fett, the one with Darth Maul and the Night Mother, and I think one more.

It's actually insane to think the scripts, voice work, and partial animation is done on all of these. All they need to do is finish the animation, which would admittedly be expensive, but they did it for these 12 eps after all.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #74
Allio
Foot Elite

We got at least two one adapted with Dath Maul: son of Dathomir.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #75
snake
Disgusting

The full list of unadapted arcs is as follows.

-Crystal Crisis- Animatics and voices are complete, and the entire arc is released in its unanimated form. Can be found on youtube.

-Dark Disciple: 2 arcs, 8 episodes revolving around Quinlan Vos and Ventress. It’s a book, and it’s pretty good. Animatics and voices are done on this arc.

-Son of Dathomir: adapted into a comic. Animation and voice status unknown, since we’ve never seen anything to indicate it got that far into production.

-Bounty Hunters: animatics and voices are done, but it’ll probably never get released due to their reluctance to kill Cad Bane because he’s too marketable.

-Kashyyyk: Scripts are finished. Bad Batch would have appeared.

-Clone Flight Academy: Scripts are finished.

-Return to Mon Cala: Scripts are finished.

-Ahsoka’s Jedi Temple Adventure: non-canon because of how things played out in season 7. It’s unlikely we’ll ever see this one.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:34 PM   #76
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's another two seasons of material there, since most of those arcs would be 3-4 parters I assume.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:18 PM   #77
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Ending clone wars was a way to give something to the fans after the blunder that was TLJ. Clone Wars was Lucas' love project, he didn't care if he lost money, he was doing it because he wanted to, that's why the animation is way above other CG shows at the time. It looked better than TMNT 2012 did or even Rebels. Lucas would've continued Clone Wars for years, even if it eventually jumped the shark.
I think Disney doesn't care enough, a shame since there's so much cool clone wars stuff that can be done, especially since the original clone wars EU is no longer canon.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:38 PM   #78
Leo656
The Franchise

So I don't watch any of the cartoons or TV shows or anything in recent years, so I mostly just observe from a distance. But it kinda seems like Disney's approach to running Star Wars is like Vince McMahon's approach to running WWE: "Sh*tcan anything the fans like, especially and doubly so if it wasn't our own idea in the first place. Nobody's allowed to be happy unless it's over something We personally can take credit for. Otherwise, f*ck 'em."

Is that about right? Because that's kinda how it looks from over here.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:59 AM   #79
snake
Disgusting

That's about right, although things seem to be looking up slightly, with the possibility of more Clone Wars, a potential Rebels sequel, putting the films to rest, and Disney banking on The Mandalorian.

But then again, every other week I hear about something pants-on-head retarded that Disney plans to do with Star Wars that make me question whether they're even aware of what they're doing right.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #80
CyberCubed
Overlord

Don't forget about the Obi-wan series, that's something fans had wanted for years.