The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #41
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Wha...this thread was made in 2010. Does no one look at post dates?
Yeah I know Cure I jst was wondering how far along that got in terms of producing eps or if there was even going to be a second season, bc it seems like they r not giving Young Justice any air time and the new eps come out in spurts.

I jst thought of giving a much needed update even if the update is old...what can I say I tried
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #42
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I keep on theorizing about which character is gonna die whenever I watch this show! It's a morbid practice, I know...

Here's my rankings on a scale of 1 (most likely to get axed) to 7 (impossible to have a show without this character).

1. Artemis
2. Aqualad
3. Superboy (Conner)
4. Miss Martian
5. Kid Flash
6. Zatanna
7. Robin

Wild Card: Speedy/Red Arrow

Killing off Artemis seems the most obvious option, given her shadowy backstory and the fact that she appears to be spying on the team from time to time. She feels like the new Terra equivalent. She'll probably reveal herself to be a true hero and friend right before she meets her demise. Kid Flash will have to do some growing up as he deals with her loss. Also, getting her out of the way opens up the way for Speedy to become the full-time archer. [And surely they wouldn't kill Speedy, would they?]

Killing Aqualad opens up the way for Robin to take over the team as the unquestioned leader.

Killing off Superboy seems impossible, but it would probably be ideal from a the writers' point-of-view. It's tough to write believable plots for nearly invulnerable characters who seem to possess every conceivable superpower except magic and telepathy.

Killing off Miss Martian would provide a the hardest emotional punch to the team, especially Superboy. It could lead to some very interesting character development episodes for how her teammates react to the loss of their most innocent and feminine member. However, it would also handicap the writers by removing the ever-convenient power of telepathy. It just makes their jobs easier having a character who can both read the thoughts of villains and communicate with the whole team without anybody opening their mouths. Less exposition to plan for and less animation to worry about. However... there is the possibility that Zatanna is being groomed to replace her. She's already shown that her powers can have very similar efficiency at getting info out of the bad guys.

As stated by the kill-Superbody argument, killing off Kid Flash would also give the writers a break. Even Bruce Timm confessed his frustrations with having to write believable plots for a character so fast he could probably do just about anything he wants. But, this is the Wally West version, and he's probably too popular to kill off before he even hits puberty.

Killing off Zatanna? There's no way. Everybody loves Zatanna! And killing her off as a kid would just be even more insane.

Kill Robin? Holy blasphemy, Batman! You can't have this show without Robin. The only way they would ever do that is if they were desperate to prove to the world that "We aren't like that old last-decade Teen Titans show at all! Look what we just did! Muhahah!"

Kill Speedy? Don't we need to get a little more attached to Speedy before killing him off would have any emotional impact? He's been on screen for a total of what... 45 minutes?

Of course, I suppose they could always just kill off a major Justice League member without much consequence to the main cast. But I can't remember if Weisman said the unlucky character would be a member of the YJ team or not.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-03-2012 at 09:47 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #43
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I still cant believe one of them is going to die...ugh....I wish their was a spoiler tag.....actually there was probably one and curiosity killed the cat sort of thing but it will definitely be interesting.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #44
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I still cant believe one of them is going to die...ugh....I wish their was a spoiler tag.....actually there was probably one and curiosity killed the cat sort of thing but it will definitely be interesting.
Well technically they all died in one ep...*lol*
Old 02-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Well technically they all died in one ep...*lol*
That was such an awesome ep.... I loved it
Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #46
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Eh, I thought "Failsafe" was sorta lame. It was the generic, "let's kill off EVERYBODY for shock value and then reveal it was all a dream!" episode. The writers didn't have to worry about the plot making sense or about coming up with creative ways to kill off major heroes, since they had the convenient option of simply shooting every one with a beam and having them disintegrate without a trace.

It felt like a desperate attempt to hold the viewer's attention until we get to the big reveal at the end. It felt like a wasted 20 minutes for me. However, I did like the counseling sessions with the team members in follow-up episodes. Also, the upcoming "Invasion" season will probably make some of those nightmare scenarios into real events. So maybe the creative team plans to get a lot of mileage out of that fairly cliche "Failsafe" episode.

The DCAU Justice League episode "Hereafter" used a similar plot point (to a much better degree) with Superman being hit with Toyman's beam and seemingly "disintegrated," with only Batman realizing that matter shouldn't disappear without a trace.

View my sketch work!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #47
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Eh, I thought "Failsafe" was sorta lame. It was the generic, "let's kill off EVERYBODY for shock value and then reveal it was all a dream!" episode. The writers didn't have to worry about the plot making sense or about coming up with creative ways to kill off major heroes, since they had the convenient option of simply shooting every one with a beam and having them disintegrate without a trace.

It felt like a desperate attempt to hold the viewer's attention until we get to the big reveal at the end. It felt like a wasted 20 minutes for me. However, I did like the counseling sessions with the team members in follow-up episodes. Also, the upcoming "Invasion" season will probably make some of those nightmare scenarios into real events. So maybe the creative team plans to get a lot of mileage out of that fairly cliche "Failsafe" episode.

The DCAU Justice League episode "Hereafter" used a similar plot point (to a much better degree) with Superman being hit with Toyman's beam and seemingly "disintegrated," with only Batman realizing that matter shouldn't disappear without a trace.
U might want tag this with a spoiler if u gonna talk about up coming plots, but yeah I liked the episode overall and it actaully had significances on the characters, that tells me that they didnt do it for shock value
Old 02-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #48
ToTheNines
[sic]

Cartoon Network has damn near ruined my interest in the show. I'm gonna watch the new episodes, but I'm not really excited about them.

Quote:
Eh, I thought "Failsafe" was sorta lame.
Yeah, it sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
U might want tag this with a spoiler if u gonna talk about up coming plots
It aired in October dude.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #49
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Don't forget, dawgz, new episodes start this Saturday morning, so do whatcha gotta do to catch it.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #50
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Don't forget, dawgz, new episodes start this Saturday morning, so do whatcha gotta do to catch it.
DC Nation is gonna be awesome!!!

Green Lantern episodes and new Teen Titans shorts!

View my sketch work!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #51
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I'm getting kind of fed up with Cartoon Networks dvd releases. They started with just volumes. Now its a set of the first 3 volumes. Its 12 episodes... Just release a season, or half a season. Brave and the Bold did it, and its awesome. Scooby Doo mystery inc did it for the second half of season 1 and its great.

I love supporting good shows, but I refuse to support shady dvd releases.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #52
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
I'm getting kind of fed up with Cartoon Networks dvd releases. They started with just volumes. Now its a set of the first 3 volumes. Its 12 episodes... Just release a season, or half a season. Brave and the Bold did it, and its awesome. Scooby Doo mystery inc did it for the second half of season 1 and its great.

For real, DC & CN ought to do right by their fans rather than confuse them with multiple DVD releases of the same episodes. Either be clear that the smaller sets are budget titles for the cautious or casual fan, or scrap that practice and give us the proper releases!

View my sketch work!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #53
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:

Thirded...

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #54
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Young Justice and Green Lantern start airing on saturday. Green Lantern's on at 10am with Young Justice on at 10:30...and starting March 24th Thundercats will air at 9:30 on Saturdays
Old 03-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #55
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant

Quote:

WB did the same thing with the Teen Titans' animated series with minor half DVD releases before upgrading to the seasonal sets, so it isn't anything new. Actually, I didn't mind it with the Titans, as some of the coding was better in the minor sets. Still, it's frustating, as CN, until recently, has been spotty in releasing the rest of Season 1.

Or, "how could the second half of Season 1 soon be on DVD already, when it hasn't even aired on television, yet?" Something like that. They'll wise up, sooner or later.

Also, love your avatar -- I'm a Soundwave geek, too.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #56
ToTheNines
[sic]

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/ne...llnews&id=1268

Episode details for each new YJ episode airing this month.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #57
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Re: Misplaced

For the first 10 minutes or so of the episode, I thought this was gonna be another one of those "World with no grown-ups" plots, but the twist was pretty interesting!

Good Captain Marvel episode!

The Young Justice crew does a good job giving both the YJs and the Justice League teams a fair shake in their screen time.

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-03-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #58
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
For the first 10 minutes or so of the episode, I thought this was gonna be another one of those "World with not grown-ups" plots, but the twist was pretty interesting!

Good Captain Marvel episode!
Same here man, brilliantly done. One of the best episodes yet, neither Superboy or Miss Martian made me throw up.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #59
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, I'm with you guys. Good stuff.
Spoiler:
Though I think the Fate helmet stuff is kinda overdone at this point. At least it seemed permanent at the end.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #60
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah, I'm with you guys. Good stuff.
Spoiler:
Though I think the Fate helmet stuff is kinda overdone at this point. At least it seemed permanent at the end.
Spoiler:
I do kinda like the idea of Zatarra as Mr. Fate. That should make him about the most powerful "hero" in the DC Universe! Also, it does force Zatanna's character to do some quick growing up since she's now pretty much an orphan. The only thing I really hate about losing him is that now Batman won't have his go-to dialogue partner.

View my sketch work!

Tags
young cucktice