The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-23-2021, 12:02 AM   #2101
Dask
Mad Scientist

I'm actually very curious about the variants as I haven't picked up the core turtles. However, I have a question:

Are they releasing Sewer Samurai Leonardo (as a homage to the Playmates line) only or are they going to go all out and release Sewer Samurai Raphael, Sewer Samurai Donatello and Sewer Samurai Michelangelo as well?

...If they release an entire turtles samurai set, it would go well with a Usagi figure down the line.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:53 AM   #2102
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I'm actually very curious about the variants as I haven't picked up the core turtles. However, I have a question:

Are they releasing Sewer Samurai Leonardo (as a homage to the Playmates line) only or are they going to go all out and release Sewer Samurai Raphael, Sewer Samurai Donatello and Sewer Samurai Michelangelo as well?

...If they release an entire turtles samurai set, it would go well with a Usagi figure down the line.
Likely Leo only and then Undercover Don, Space Cadet Raph and Sewer Surfer Mike like the vintage line.

And I guess this answers the question of how soon they’ll do the variants. If they were going to skip a turtle in any wave this was the one to do it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:58 AM   #2103
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
Line is going deep as long as we are supporting. A lot of us are. They’ve hinted we might see some Archie Mutanimals in the style of the OG Playmates. That would be pretty tiiiiiiight.

Turtle variant(s) confirmed! A little too soon for my taste but who am I kidding they’re gonna be cool AF.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CN_GQqkF...=19jilibep4uz6
Definitely disappointed, personally. With the pace these roll out, there was no good reason to do another Leo already. As someone else mentioned, forcing a Turtle into every wave is going to further limit the number of unique figures they can put out in a year... and they're crossing that line that I'd JUST mentioned they hadn't crossed, where I don't actively want all the figures they produce.

That's just me, though. Happy for anyone that was hoping for these.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:11 AM   #2104
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Wow. I guess Brian wasn't kidding when he said he wanted a turtle in every way. Guess that's one figure I'll be skipping in every wave. I'll probably keep an eye on the secondary market to see if I can get one for $45ish but there's no way I'm staying all in at $55 apiece.

Maybe we'll get lucky and orders for that specific figure will be much lower than the rest and S7 will change course for wave 5.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:25 AM   #2105
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I'll probably keep an eye on the secondary market to see if I can get one for $45ish
Considering these are made to order, I wouldn't count on the secondary market to provide a cheaper price.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:28 AM   #2106
mikey0
Foot Elite

The collectors who want the core characters will skip the turtle variations, but there are many TMNT fans who grew up with the disguised turtles who want Leo, the Sewer Samurai in TMNT Ultimates form.

I don’t understand why collectors are calling Slash a turtle. Slash is not one of the four brothers. Slash is an evil turtle from Dimension X.

It would be nice to have a wave with all supporting characters from the basic assortments in it, but Brian mentioned that he wants a turtle (one of the four brothers or possibly Jennika) in each wave.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:46 AM   #2107
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Considering these are made to order, I wouldn't count on the secondary market to provide a cheaper price.
Oh I'm not. But if it happens, great. These haven't been nearly as limited as we thought they would be so far, so it's possible. I've had much luckier ebay finds.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:33 PM   #2108
inaheap
Mad Scientist

This is interesting to me because I never cared much for that figure as a kid. I think his Ultimate form could be really cool though. I'm Ok with a variant in each wave. Will definitely mean some waves are cheaper for me. Excited to see a Space Cadet Raph Ultimate.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #2109
SleepDrifter
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Oh I'm not. But if it happens, great. These haven't been nearly as limited as we thought they would be so far, so it's possible. I've had much luckier ebay finds.
This is also a good indicator as to how successful the line is right now. Super7 has gained a lot of cred with people looking for deep cuts (see Pumm-Ra in the Thundercats line!!). It’s wild to see the backlash against NECA dropping Antrax and Scumbug today and people trashing them. I don’t think it will nearly be as bad for Super7 releasing the more obscure stuff because a lot of people that bought in love the wackiness of the OG line and that’s what we’re waiting for. People buying NECA (I’m one of them) are mostly into the nostalgia and memories of the dedicated constant characters. By the time ‘92 rolled around I was faded on the toon but still playing with Scaletail and Dr. El. Super7 is going to last a bit. NECA will too but maybe only for hardcores.

Also these trolls threatening NECA’s insta are so entertaining.
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:01 PM   #2110
Sebastiaan
New Recruit

Kraaaaaaanggggggg!!!!!
Sebastiaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:05 PM   #2111
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
Kraaaaaaanggggggg!!!!!
I was just going to post this: https://mobile.twitter.com/super7sto...85027506335747
Old 04-23-2021, 02:21 PM   #2112
teemu
Stone Warrior

Ace Duck and Leatherhead would be a nice finish to wave 5
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #2113
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
This is also a good indicator as to how successful the line is right now. Super7 has gained a lot of cred with people looking for deep cuts (see Pumm-Ra in the Thundercats line!!). It’s wild to see the backlash against NECA dropping Antrax and Scumbug today and people trashing them. I don’t think it will nearly be as bad for Super7 releasing the more obscure stuff because a lot of people that bought in love the wackiness of the OG line and that’s what we’re waiting for. People buying NECA (I’m one of them) are mostly into the nostalgia and memories of the dedicated constant characters. By the time ‘92 rolled around I was faded on the toon but still playing with Scaletail and Dr. El. Super7 is going to last a bit. NECA will too but maybe only for hardcores.

Also these trolls threatening NECA’s insta are so entertaining.
I find it amazing how many people are screaming for an April re-release in those comments when people seemed to hate the figure when she was released.

And you’re right, the obscure mutants are likely to play better in the Ultimates line than NECA’s toon line as people’s main memories of those deep cut characters are likely to be the toys.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:35 PM   #2114
mikey0
Foot Elite

Will there be weekend reveals? What character will they tease next?

Last edited by mikey0; 04-23-2021 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:20 PM   #2115
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I find it amazing how many people are screaming for an April re-release in those comments when people seemed to hate the figure when she was released.

And you’re right, the obscure mutants are likely to play better in the Ultimates line than NECA’s toon line as people’s main memories of those deep cut characters are likely to be the toys.
Yeah, I've been noticing that too. People were saying how they will boycott April O' Neil and now she is one of the most demanded figures and selling for $180+

I'm noticing a bit of a cross-over with the Super7. Maybe NECA stepped into S7's turf with the Antrax and Scumbug figures. Interestingly enough, they are faithful to the toon as well as the Playmates line. Even the bug accessories for the NECA Scumbug are the same as that of Playmates...
Old 04-23-2021, 10:12 PM   #2116
mikey0
Foot Elite

I hope Ray Fillet and Leatherhead round out wave 5.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:14 PM   #2117
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I hope Ray Fillet and Leatherhead round out wave 5.
Ray Fillet was my favorite. I hope they keep his super-confident grin and color change feature. It would be nice to see a deluxe Leartherhead figure. I was always confused why the Playmates version was smaller than the turtles.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:35 AM   #2118
italianice388
Stone Warrior

+1 on ray fillet. one of my all time favs
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:01 AM   #2119
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
+1 on ray fillet. one of my all time favs
+2

He's the only other one I'm really interested in after Usagi.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:42 AM   #2120
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
\. Maybe NECA stepped into S7's turf with the Antrax and Scumbug figures. Interestingly enough, they are faithful to the toon as well as the Playmates line. Even the bug accessories for the NECA Scumbug are the same as that of Playmates...
Not really, Cartoon Scumbug is pretty close to the toy version.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote