The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #21
drgon78
Mad Scientist

It really depends on who they get for Ariel and the rest of the cast because this one is one I will be very picky about.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:26 PM   #22
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Modern Burton movies are awful. I mean, I guess Big Eyes was alright but boring.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #23
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Alan Menken said that originally the film was supposed to happen before the live-action remake of Aladdin. However, since the producer Marc Platt and Menken's co-songwriter Lin Manuel Miranda are working on Mary Poppins Returns, he shifted focus to Aladdin.

Quote:
And up next is a live-action Little Mermaid?

But first is a live-action Aladdin, most people don’t know that. First there was a live-action Little Mermaid, but both the producer and my collaborator on that, Lin-Manuel Miranda, are working on Mary Poppins in London, so Aladdin has now jumped ahead of it and that’s what I’m in the thick of now.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...s-hall-of-fame
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #24
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I guess you could say Aladdin is...One Jump Ahead?
Old 12-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #25
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Rob Marshall (Into the Woods & Mary Poppins Returns) is the top choice to direct the film. He'll have time over the holidays to make a decision.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...little-mermaid
Old 12-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #26
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I've been thinking about this live action film a lot lately. Particularly after watching Justice League, there was a female guardian under the sea who interacted with Aquaman. Can't remember who she was but her red hair was flowing so beautifully in the water, I kept thinking that could be Ariel if done right.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:50 PM   #27
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

You mean Amber Heard as Mera?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #28
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Yeah that's her, I had to google it lol.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #29
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Rob Marshall (Into the Woods & Mary Poppins Returns) is the top choice to direct the film. He'll have time over the holidays to make a decision.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...little-mermaid
Ugh. Stop giving Rob Marshall work.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #30
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Ugh. Stop giving Rob Marshall work.
Why? I thoroughly enjoyed Into the Woods and his 1999 version Annie was IMHO superior to the 1982 film. I really think it would be great if Meryl Streep played Ursula. Also, Lily James, who is playing the younger version of Streep's character in the sequel to Mamma Mia!, could portray Vanessa, Ursula's alter-ego.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:33 AM   #31
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Why? I thoroughly enjoyed Into the Woods and his 1999 version Annie was IMHO superior to the 1982 film. I really think it would be great if Meryl Streep played Ursula. Also, Lily James, who is playing the younger version of Streep's character in the sequel to Mamma Mia!, could portray Vanessa, Ursula's alter-ego.
Most of my ire for Marshall comes from Into the Woods. I hate how he stages scenes (esp in ITW) and everything he directs just seems hollow to me. Feels like his directing style is simple and that he's just going through the motions and checking off the required boxes when framing scenes.

I think Chicago is his best work and he think he did a good job with that.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #32
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

It appears that Rob Marshall is set to direct the film.

https://screenrant.com/little-mermai...-rob-marshall/
Old 04-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #33
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I was there yesterday when this was discussed. It really would be amazing if it really does happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAN EXPO Dallas
Hot #FXD2018 scoop: according to @thejodibenson, may be making an appearance in the live action Little Mermaid!!
https://twitter.com/FANEXPODallas/st...69366625222661
Old 04-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #34
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I am more worried they will screw this one up.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #35
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’m more concerned on are they gonna keep the clamshell bras or are those gonna look awkward in real life?
Old 04-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also considering Ariel is 16 years old, I wonder if they can even get away with putting a clamshell bra on a real life teenager during the movie. Granted they usually have 20 year old actors play teenagers so the real life actress will be of age, but it'll still seem weird.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #37
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also considering Ariel is 16 years old, I wonder if they can even get away with putting a clamshell bra on a real life teenager during the movie. Granted they usually have 20 year old actors play teenagers so the real life actress will be of age, but it'll still seem weird.
Man, you're actually right. Times have changed from when a 16 year old getting married was acceptable, so I am definetly positive that Ariel's age will be changed in the reboot.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Man, you're actually right. Times have changed from when a 16 year old getting married was acceptable, so I am definetly positive that Ariel's age will be changed in the reboot.
LOL, even in 1989 a 16 year old running off to get married was a bit odd even if it is legal in many states in the U.S.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:06 PM   #39
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, even in 1989 a 16 year old running off to get married was a bit odd even if it is legal in many states in the U.S.
True, but atleast back then people wouldn't throw the sexism and misogny hammers around. Nowdays With articles like these, I fear what changes are gonna be made to the reboot

https://storify.com/jordygrewal/miso...little-mermaid

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Not to mention Ariel falls in love with Eric just based on his looks. I mean she's lucky he turned out to be such a nice guy and a hero, but for all she knew he could have been a pirate or a jerk or wife beater or something. I mean it's a kids movie after all, but the whole "love at first sight" doesn't really work in 2018.