The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-12-2018, 06:34 PM   #8101
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Spent the major part of the week bombing, spraying, and powdering the heck out of the apartment, including using peppermint oil, baking soda, diatomatious earth, and various other measures to rid us of a nasty variety of pests. Specifically, bedbugs. And they were brought in by another "pest", one that has been equally difficult to get rid of. The culprit? Our irksome upstairs neighbor. I swear she has caused so many bug problems for us that I am seriously considering calling the health department on her.

Every time she comes down, we end up with pests. First it was fleas from her d@*n guinea pig. Then it was roaches- which I am sure are due to how she keeps her unit, and have probably also spread to the entire building. NOW we are getting bedbugs, which aparentlt she has had for a couple of months now. I started noticing bites a few weeks ago, but thought the fleas had just returned. But recently I did some "digging" to find iout why they were so bad, and based on what I read about the red welts, I did a thorough search of the bedroom and found the little nasties. They dont seem very numerous yet, so I'm hoping we can nip it in the bud before they get really bad. But this is the third time I've had to eradicate something that SHE is responsible for bringing in!!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #8102
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Yeah, I would agree that it would be the best thing to call the Health Department on her .

I'm so sorry that's happening.

The biggest issue we're having is ants, which are only really a problem in the springtime. And usually not horrible. But now they're getting into my room somehow? Hopefully that will be alleviated once some work finally gets done in the yards, but I might be in Ohio during part of that. And even then, I doubt it happening.

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #8103
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

The only reason she hasn't been evicted yet is because she has a care-giver who basically does everything FOR her when it comes to cleaning, but she is only there during weekdays, for a few hours, and it seems the place only really gets cleaned up before inspections. I have barely been in there because it always smells like a locker room/compost pile.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #8104
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

This woman from liquidation is really going to be one of the main reasons we all end up being glad to be done cleaning up this store and out of there. Jeezus. She'd already been driving the managers a bit nutty for weeks, but now more-so (she clearly now thinks she's their boss) and starting to bother the rest of us.

I'd gone with a co-worker to help her sweep up and clear any junk out of the air room, or whatever they call it... Where the large air conditioning ("chiller") system is. It doesn't have the best light, so we kind of did a half assed job, but we at least cleaned up anything that was obvious so it looked alright. It's not the neatest room to start with and I'd never even been in there before (and mostly I was more concerned with if a space was okay to go into between things or if it's going to kill me), so lord knows what it should look like clean.

So this liquidation woman apparently went up there a bit later to inspect after we'd left it. She had us go back up to remove a couple of boards. Of which we're confused by what the hell she's even talking about... We had to have her show us what she meant.

She frigging pointed out two boards, standing on their side, far back against a wall in a dark area under/behind some air, uh, machinery, for lack of a better word. My co-worker and I had seriously thought these boards - OLD boards - were a white border along the wall... And they're both rather long... and clearly REALLY old. One was able to be removed, but another is apparently so long that it may not be able to be gotten out, at least not without something to cut it.

This woman seriously pointed out two boards far back in some dark space that have very possibly been there for much of (all of?) this store's 55 years. They looked THAT old. And I'm not even sure how the longer board would have gotten back there without it being there to start with and having things built in front of it.

For gods sake, I'm surprised she's not counting the spiders in the store and declaring it too many. Ugh.

My direct manager even let us leave a bit early so this woman would stop harassing her so much about what these people are doing, or what those people are doing, etc. because she wants to order everyone around that much. Who knew the role of liquidation included bossing us around about how WE clean up OUR store.

But at least we're not alone, she's also working with another closing Sears over in New Jersey, so she's probably driving them crazy on the days she's not with us... lol

P.S. Also, I'd forgotten something at work and ran back after I'd gotten home, stopping by on my way to the grocery store. I'm sitting at the light facing the store (waiting forever for the green light as usual) and watching people on the roof of the store. I suddenly realized this woman was now even on the god damned roof, with two of the managers. Liquidation people do this?? (Honestly, I wonder if either of the guys had a passing fantasy of shoving her off.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-13-2018 at 08:44 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #8105
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

So, about 7 years ago, my long-term girlfriend and I bought a dog together.

A year later we broke up, and after much back and forth, she ended up with keeping him. In the years since, we barely talk and she's moved in with her college teacher and had his kid. I'm still very close to her sister, who told me today that the teacher is forcing her to get rid of the dog.

This for some reason infuriates me. I wish I cared less about this crap that isn't my problem anymore, but here I am, b*tching about it on the Drome.

Spoiler:
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #8106
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Are you in a place where you could take the dog?
Would you want to take the dog?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:18 PM   #8107
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I'd be more inclined to take the dog if I didn't think changing his owners at 7 years old wouldn't screw him up.

I also kind of designed my life to be very pick-up-and-go between Vancouver, Toronto, and LA. So having a dog isn't ideal for my lifestyle at this point. When we split up I was in a much better position to take him and fought to keep him.

Spoiler:
Old 04-15-2018, 12:32 PM   #8108
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

As someone who's just passed the one year anniversary of the Gotcha day for my 10 year old cat, believe me:

being in a home where the dog is wanted, is way better than being in the home where the dog knows they're not welcome.

That said, yeah...pick up and go stuff can be harder with animals.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #8109
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
I can say for my experience with fostering (with cats, granted), is that if the dog isn't going to be passed off to someone by hand, he'll will probably end up in a shelter. Where he would be passed over because he's an older dog.

No matter what, it sounds like the dog has to go, so it won't matter that he's being separated from the people he's familiar with. At least there's a chance he'd recognize you.

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #8110
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Maybe you know someone who'd be open to taking him in? (And then at least you can then visit him when you're in the area.)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #8111
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

supposedly dogs have long memories... he might remember you and be ahpppy to be back.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #8112
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hate when an article or other item read online doesn't have a comment section when you really want to comment...
Old 04-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #8113
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

He's always super happy to see me whenever I do happen to see him. But the issue is I can't take him. I might be able to ask my folks but that's a big maybe. They already have a dog who's super prone to jealousy.

Spoiler:
Old 04-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #8114
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not really a grind, but just sad to say goodbye today to people I've worked with for the past 2 1/2 years, as well as to the building itself. Hopefully it won't sit empty too long.

Now to try to figure out where I end up next...
Old 04-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #8115
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

I really hate change. especially when it feels like sales department meddling. ugh.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:11 PM   #8116
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

It sucks that Netflix automatically skips the intros to shows when you watch episodes back to back. The only good part of Jessica Jones is the theme song.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #8117
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wouldn't it be easier then to just look up the theme song on YouTube and skip the show all together?

Old 04-24-2018, 03:47 AM   #8118
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Gear grinds- hot flashes at 4am and finding s*#t-mail in your inbox. Needless to say, dealing with pests on multiple fronts at the moment.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #8119
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

New grind- babysitting coworkers who do absolutely NOTHING unless told to. Or who don't do basic tasks even when asked SEVERAL times, so that you end up doing it yourself.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:57 PM   #8120
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

All the stuff that gave me trouble the first time around in SS, I got done easily in hero mode. Mine Cart Race, First try. Pumpkin throw, tries in half. but the damn 4 battle royal for the last heart piece is proving impossible. they keep giving me third stage grihiam, who I find impossible at the last 'giant sword' stage.

ugh.