The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie discussion

With the movie being released digitally tomorrow, thought it was best to do a separate post for discussion.

Also this thread will have spoilers so don't come in here if you don't want to be spoiled.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Great. I like the idea of separating pre-release speculations (like "What will it be about?") with actual post-release discussions ("Did you like it or not?").
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:51 AM   #3
DonnieTello
Mouser

I don't normally nerdgasm, but I did when Donnie said bossa nova in this one. Like a genuine involuntary gasp of shock and awe. Oh yeah, and it's a good movie. I would say a little better than Turtles Forever.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
newfan
Mad Scientist

Is it wrong that I didn't want to see Batman beat Shredder in their first fight? Team turtles! Obviously I don't want the side to win though.
Should Shredder have been better against Batman?

I'll say it one last time,.....Donnie's head! Anyway I can get past it, watching the rest of it.

Edit: A lot as I expected, not bad.

Funny how Donnie kept insisting it was 'anti-ooze' and Batgirl called it Retro Mutagen.
Spoiler:
Given the drawing of Splinter we saw in a past story I am kinda glad he wasn't in it, I liked that Leo mentioned him a lot though

Last edited by newfan; 05-14-2019 at 02:39 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:02 AM   #5
AquaParade
Banned

If this is the best TMNT cartoon ever made, I'll watch it.

But since that's not too high of a bar, lovely nostalgia aside, I'm really not all that interested otherwise.

Excited to hear what you all think though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:22 AM   #6
Allio
Foot Elite

credits was pretty awesome

Spoiler:
They show classic Batman/TMNT comic book covers redone in to incorporate the other team.

For example it showed the Mirage Raphael Micro and instead of Casey Jones it shows Raphael with Nightwing

Last edited by Allio; 05-14-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #7
Vicky82
Emperor

Really enjoyed it and there's possibility of a sequel.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Is it wrong that I didn't want to see Batman beat Shredder in their first fight? Team turtles! Obviously I don't want the side to win though.
Should Shredder have been better against Batman?
Likewise. I'd normally never want Shredder to win and I was trying to root for Batman, but...but...I felt strangely torn over that scene. The fight I never knew I wanted to see. The 2007 Leo/Raph fight pales in comparison!

This movie definitely has brought back that urge to want to see more; that hasn't happened since 2012 wrapped up. Nice to feel that again for a TMNT thing. Hope they come through with a sequel. No survey included with the basic DVD from Walmart though.. Hope those with them do fill 'em out.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-06-2019 at 08:51 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #9
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Likewise. I'd normally never want Shredder to win and I was trying to root for Batman, but...but...I felt strangely torn over that scene. The fight I never knew I wanted to see. The 2007 Leo/Raph fight pales in comparison!

This movie definitely has brought back that urge to want to see more; that hasn't happened since 2012 wrapped up. Nice to feel that again for a TMNT thing. Hope they come through with a sequel. No survey included with the basic DVD from Walmart though.. Hope those with them do fill 'em out.
The survey honestly felt like it was focused more on wat future dc content should be made, big surprise and the formats 2 make it on. But there was a question in there about which dc characters would be interesting 2 see in a future crossover though no idea if it'll be another mix-up like this....
Old 06-08-2019, 08:47 AM   #10
ABrown
Banned

I picked up the blu ray/dvd/digital combo pack. I love getting those now, when something gets released. You're basically getting three copies for just over the price of one. I enjoyed it. The 2007 TMNT movie is still my favorite animated TMNT movie ever created, but this was good. I love Troy Baker's Joker. He sounds exactly like Mark Hamill.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:48 PM   #11
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

One little thing I found kind of cool was when Shredder first jumped down to meet Batman. It was very reminiscent of the 1990 movie when Shredder jumped down into frame in slow motion. That's a nice little nod to the original movie.

I'm sure there's loads of other Easter eggs in this.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #12
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

loved it, there were so many Easter eggs in this one. anyone else spot the bit of mikey nun-chucking from the opening of the original animated series?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:22 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Come to think of it, this isn't just the most violent animated TMNT adaptation, it has to be the most violent adaptation period. No matter how hard I try to remember, I don't think any of them depicted humans getting stabbed and cut, certainly not with gushing blood. The closest I can remember is robots and green/yellow blooded monsters getting cut, or at the very least it happened off-screen if it was a person. Like when Mashimi dies in the 4Kids show, we know Yoshi cut him, we just don't see it happen or the wound.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #14
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Come to think of it, this isn't just the most violent animated TMNT adaptation, it has to be the most violent adaptation period. No matter how hard I try to remember, I don't think any of them depicted humans getting stabbed and cut, certainly not with gushing blood. The closest I can remember is robots and green/yellow blooded monsters getting cut, or at the very least it happened off-screen if it was a person. Like when Mashimi dies in the 4Kids show, we know Yoshi cut him, we just don't see it happen or the wound.
It's cool to see that Viacom will allow this, maybe a more adult adaptation could be made one day.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:38 AM   #15
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I will beat Bamtan. Yes you see blood because i cut evryone in pieces! That why iam THE SHREDDER!
Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #16
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Best tmnt movie yet imo. Didnt care for a few of the nods thrown in there but the action, characterization, and bits toward character growth do more than make up for it.

Gotta say though, wasnt expecting a animated version to come around so soon that actually had blood in it but yay that it did! Finally some progress toward getting a darker, adult version.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #17
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
I will beat Bamtan. Yes you see blood because i cut evryone in pieces! That why iam THE SHREDDER!
I don't know who Bamtan is, nor does Google yield any results as to who Bamtan is. Who or what is is Bamtan? How does one beat Bamtan?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #18
Sobble
Banned

I can't wait to buy this movie on Blu-ray or DVD I might watch it along with my rise of the teenage mutant Ninja turtles DVD
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:19 AM   #19
DVD
Mad Scientist

Great movie.
Since the comics came out, I always hoped that they would follow through with a movie. Glad they did, and glad they didn’t disappoint on any level.

Now, will they do another one next year?
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #20
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

There was an insert that came with the Blu-ray about taking a survey dealing with the Batman TMNT Blu-ray. Anyone doing that? It might be a way for them to see if future films are worth it. Obviously, sales are also a big factor.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote