The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-16-2021, 10:57 AM   #321
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
I did I can’t seem to get movement assigned to the dpad or stick.
I always had this problem with my USB Xbox 360 controller and never could get it working.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:21 AM   #322
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Regarding Xbox controllers (and most other gamepads), I found two things important:
1. Have it plugged in and recognized before you open the game program.
2. Upon first time playing any version of an OpenBOR game, you will need to manually configured the controls in-game. Since the gamepad controls won't register until you configure them, you will need to navigate the menus with keyboard arrows and buttons until you save your new custom configuration with the gamepad.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:50 AM   #323
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Regarding Xbox controllers (and most other gamepads), I found two things important:
1. Have it plugged in and recognized before you open the game program.
2. Upon first time playing any version of an OpenBOR game, you will need to manually configured the controls in-game. Since the gamepad controls won't register until you configure them, you will need to navigate the menus with keyboard arrows and buttons until you save your new custom configuration with the gamepad.
I’ve tried all of these I don’t even see an option for making movement on the dpad or stick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E77C3635-B252-422A-A3AA-F4B023691BC2.jpg (17.5 KB, 8 views)
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:26 PM   #324
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Don't know if this will help, but when you see this screen when only the keyboard is responsive, hit the ENTER key and the first control input (UP) will be voided, then you press the Up input on your gamepad and proceed to do a similar action for the rest of the inputs. Select OK when done with the Enter key. After that, the gamepad should be functional.

If that doesn't work, maybe you should download a program like JoyToKey or something and see if that works.

View my sketch work!
Old 03-16-2021, 07:20 PM   #325
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Don't know if this will help, but when you see this screen when only the keyboard is responsive, hit the ENTER key and the first control input (UP) will be voided, then you press the Up input on your gamepad and proceed to do a similar action for the rest of the inputs. Select OK when done with the Enter key. After that, the gamepad should be functional.
http://i.imgur.com/fAKK3Ap.png
http://i.imgur.com/xwMPs39.png
http://i.imgur.com/wvzQwjh.png

If that doesn't work, maybe you should download a program like JoyToKey or something and see if that works.
Thanks I’ll give that a shot. Is there anyway I can delete the controller setting if I make a mistake?
Old 03-16-2021, 07:23 PM   #326
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Thanks I’ll give that a shot. Is there anyway I can delete the controller setting if I make a mistake?
Config Settings are under "System Options." You can reset to default there, or just redownload/install the game itself.

View my sketch work!
Old 03-16-2021, 11:20 PM   #327
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Config Settings are under "System Options." You can reset to default there, or just redownload/install the game itself.
Got it to work! I ended up connecting my switch pro controller to the computer as a Bluetooth device and was able to change the buttons thanks!!!
Old 04-27-2021, 11:39 AM   #328
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I figured I'd give Nelson's newest "official" project a plug here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ion_Unleashed/

"Bloody Paws" is a remake of an obscure 1990 ZX Spectrum/MSX title with the blessing of the game's original creator. The MersoX project is still a work-in-progress, but it's Early Access is now live on Steam.

Also, if you follow MersoX on Patreon, there might be an occasional TMNT-related treat for you.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-23-2021, 07:34 AM   #329
Brockon21
Hench Mutant

On RetroPie

Does Rescue Palooza work on RetroPie? Anyone know?

'I feel like a pizza." --Michelangelo

Please contact me if you have rare TMNT trading cards!

Brockon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:20 PM   #330
Mangex
New Recruit

Hi all, i signed in this forum since last year and i forget it when was trying to find a way to communicate with mersox, watching that here are some users from the openbor forum thinking that it sould be easier to talk about this game in a tmnt proper page meanwhile the other forum is in restoration and not all the topics are availables such the orignal one talking about this game.

Now, the point for my integration here is because the last year i was able to fully optimize the 1.1.2 version of the game with the purpose of to be playable in lower end consoles such Dreamcast, Psp, Wii and even Android.

I got partially succes because the complete intented game perfectly runs on the Wii and Android but extrangely it crash in the psp and to my amazement it works on the Dreamcast, obviously in this console the game was reduced with only the turtles as selectable characters and has some color issues, althought the Dreamcast port could be more playable with a reduced color palette but i does not try it yet.

Anyway, if someone knows or there is a way to contact mersox from here to him try the edited game and is his will to share it with all, incluiding the new ending april speech from her original dubber, it would be amazing.

Pd. if there is some problem or conflict about this i imediately erase the post. without questions.

Last edited by Mangex; 09-22-2021 at 10:28 PM.
Mangex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:20 AM   #331
Ninjinister
無問題

Should be able to comment on merso's YouTube channel, they're still actively working on stuff, including a commercial release right now.

Why is the DC version reduced that drastically? I've seen more complicated things in Beats of Rage games than that and it definitely has the power.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:14 AM   #332
Meow
Stone Warrior

This is indeed an awesome game. Played it for hours and hours yesterday, totalling forgetting about time. Great stuff! Thank you a lot!

Is there anything to lock health or lives or get more lives? The best I could do is to end up with only 2 lives left with only 1 level to go. And this last level is actually the level with the 3 triceraton bosses I just can't beat with 2 lives, even with super-health Antrax
Old 09-27-2021, 05:17 PM   #333
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
This is indeed an awesome game. Played it for hours and hours yesterday, totalling forgetting about time. Great stuff! Thank you a lot!

Is there anything to lock health or lives or get more lives? The best I could do is to end up with only 2 lives left with only 1 level to go. And this last level is actually the level with the 3 triceraton bosses I just can't beat with 2 lives, even with super-health Antrax
you get lives by playing the bonus games.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:14 PM   #334
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post

If you are really desperate for lives, I suppose you could manipulate the inherent flaw in the OpenBOR engine, as relates to a 2nd player being able to jump into any game already in-progress.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-29-2021, 12:04 AM   #335
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
you get lives by playing the bonus games.
Yes, but no more bonus games available anymore. Just 1 level.

Quote:
If you are really desperate for lives, I suppose you could manipulate the inherent flaw in the OpenBOR engine, as relates to a 2nd player being able to jump into any game already in-progress.
Fiddle with the interns of the engine? I might not be skilled enough for that. 2nd player jumping in? Ok.... does not give more lives to player 1 but I can start with full lives for player 2 and join in on the existing in-progress game?
Old 06-13-2022, 02:48 PM   #336
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So this pretty much inspired "Shredder's Revenge," yeah?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:34 PM   #337
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So this pretty much inspired "Shredder's Revenge," yeah?
Certainly could be coincidence but I have thought RP inspired both the direction of Mutant Madness and SR. I don’t think I am ready to credit MersoX for lighting the match that started the whole retro Turtle revival (how much of that has to do with perceived failure of the Bay sequel and Rise?) but the timing is quite remakable.

View my sketch work!
Old 06-17-2022, 06:24 PM   #338
Nickokapo
Emperor

Quote:
Certainly could be coincidence but I have thought RP inspired both the direction of Mutant Madness and SR.
I have to agree with you, i feel the same way, someone at "Tribute Games" HAD to know about Rescue-Palooza, certainly they were at the very least aware of it?
It could be coincidence tho, i would like to think not, myself.

Superb game, Shredder's Revenge...just...absolutely amazing on ALL fronts, i waited for it for more than a year, absolutely hyped over only a few minutes trailer all that time, so anticipation was high, BUT expectations were also really set to a high bar because of it. I knew the time of release so i pulled an all nighter, camped out and refreshed the steam page like a madman when it was nearing estimated time of release, turned out they posted it around 2 or 3 minutes earlier than reported, got it right then and there. Boy did it deliver, and then some.

But to not go off-topic here; i will not be stopping playing Rescue-Palooza anytime soon. We needed a game like Rescue-Palooza specifically, yes, it is somewhat comparable, i can understand people comparing it, but it is also not really comparable, in the sense...well, Rescue-Palooza's gameplay is more of a throwback to the TMNT 2 & 3 nes games style of gameplay with some improvements and enhancements. There are many features present in this game that you will not experience in SR (The bonus levels with the retrocatapult RTS gameplay, the sewer tube with shoot'em'up gameplay, ridable vehicles with projectile firing like the mother mousers and the foot helicopters, the 2D-movement sidescrolling beat em up levels (inspired by the first TMNT nes game, but with MUCH improved gameplay thankfully, mind you =p).

It is a different beast. And that is good!It is positive for BOTH games, actually!

PS: Merso-X also has a new beat 'em up game coming out, it is a reboot of the Buccaneers arcade game, but i hope it is ok if i post it here, if not let me know and i will delete the link n.n,, thank you: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ers_Shipshape/

His upcoming Ninja Turtles project, tho, is fall of the foot clan DX, but that seems to be as of yet unfinished, and not sure if actually stalled or what...hopefully its' inclusion of the original in the upcoming "Cowabunga Collection" will spark new interest in the gameboy game and they will in turn find out about and check out his Fall of the Foot Clan DX remake's demo.

Tags
fan game, remix