The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-06-2016, 09:23 PM   #101
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I understand what everyone is saying and is pretty much as I figured it to be, was just curious if it were something more. I'm about to finish my run of the original toon again and thought about the question of why couldn't there be more. Just love the nostalgic feeling and want more
The original cartoon was one of the longest lasting cartoons in existence. It made 193 episodes and 10 seasons.

Its pretty much the longest running action cartoon ever made. The only American based cartoons that went on longer are adult comedies like Simpsons, Family Guy or stuff like Spongebob.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:27 PM   #102
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Yea pretty awesome achievement.
I guess since I'm bout to finish my run w the old series, I'm just feeling bummed out haha
Old 07-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #103
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The original cartoon was one of the longest lasting cartoons in existence. It made 193 episodes and 10 seasons.

Its pretty much the longest running action cartoon ever made. The only American based cartoons that went on longer are adult comedies like Simpsons, Family Guy or stuff like Spongebob.
Are you sure it still is?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Are you sure it still is?
If you're speaking of cartoons and not anime, I can't think of any action show running longer than TMNT.

Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon has over 100 episodes but not 193. None of the DC or Marvel cartoons went on for that length.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:40 AM   #105
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
If you're speaking of cartoons and not anime, I can't think of any action show running longer than TMNT.

Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon has over 100 episodes but not 193. None of the DC or Marvel cartoons went on for that length.
It's not an action cartoon, not really. It might have been the original intention but that was changed as early as season 2 and it was pretty much a comedy pretending to be an action show from then on.

So yeah, I'd say SpongeBob and Fairly Odd Parents has beaten it in it's genre, the genre that it actually is. Then you look at stuff like Scooby-Doo and Super Friends (the latter of which is an action show) that basically just kept changing it's name every season, but were otherwise still the same show and still lasted pretty damn long. Then there's of course a modern example of that, Ben 10, which lasted 230 episodes.

So yeah, if you count action shows that changed their names over and over again, Ben 10 has 230 episodes without any reboots which means that it would beat out TMNT by 37 episodes.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:30 PM   #106
Speedbreaker
Mouser

So recently my Wal-Mart has put out re-releases of seasons 6 through 10, packaged two seasons per case. Even though I already own the earlier releases, they're cheap enough I'm thinking of buying them anyway just to save on shelf space, but I can't find any info about them online, and the packaging doesn't mention any special features.

So my question is, does anyone here know if those releases have the same discs as the earlier Lionsgate releases, or do they remove the special feature interviews or anything to justify the cheaper cost?

"Gee, a fight between Leo and Raph?"
"Oh, I didn't see that coming..."
Speedbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:20 PM   #107
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most likely they're the same exact discs just repackage. They wouldn't bother doing anything new for them.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:23 PM   #108
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

How often do you guys rewatch the OT ?
Old 09-19-2016, 09:30 PM   #109
Powder
So tired of this place

Assuming you mean throwing on random episodes, less lately due to focusing on new turtles media, that's for sure. For many years it was a few times a month, last couple of years it's been just a few times a year. I've seen it so much, there's a bit of fatigue, it's still too fresh in my mind. But I will always love & re-visit it, despite its flaws & how much of it I have committed to memory.

If you mean doing the series from front to back... never? I just jump around as I please, but have of course seen every episode multiple times.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:35 PM   #110
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Just curious cause I cycle through the various creations as I workout at home doing cardio. It takes a while to get through it but happens every few months
Old 09-20-2016, 02:20 AM   #111
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I rewatch the show roughly every 2-3 years, and I go in order and never skip an episode.

I'm not a fan of watching random eps out of order anymore, I used to do that when I was younger but then I realized I was only rewatching my favorites and had forgotten most of the other episodes, so I don't do that.

Watch all 193 episodes back to back...it only takes about 2-3 months if you watch at least 3-4 episodes a day.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #112
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I rewatch the show roughly every 2-3 years, and I go in order and never skip an episode.

I'm not a fan of watching random eps out of order anymore, I used to do that when I was younger but then I realized I was only rewatching my favorites and had forgotten most of the other episodes, so I don't do that.

Watch all 193 episodes back to back...it only takes about 2-3 months if you watch at least 3-4 episodes a day.
I have been goin through the the 2k3 series recently but find myself wanting to watch the OT even though I just finished it like 3 months ago
Old 09-22-2016, 09:22 AM   #113
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I have been goin through the the 2k3 series recently but find myself wanting to watch the OT even though I just finished it like 3 months ago
Why is that do you think?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #114
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

We have a new thread to add, Convicts From Dimension X.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57400
Old 02-21-2017, 12:02 AM   #115
LennyD
Thug

Can someone answer me this Riddle?: Who was the artist who designed April O'Neil for the 87 series? Darn good design
LennyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #116
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's not an action cartoon, not really.
I disagree completely, TMNT has more in common with shows like He-Man than comedy oriented shows like Sponge Bob. Even the zaniest episodes have a villain that needs to be beaten.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:43 AM   #117
TMNT_1987
Random Punk

Quote:
Still haven't watched the whole ten seasons yet! Stuck on season 3.
TMNT_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #118
CyberCubed
Overlord

I rewatched the whole show at least 10 times, some episodes countless times but only because I was a kid when it aired and watched reruns of it on TV all the time in the 80's and 90's.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #119
leotony
Random Punk

ive been rewatching every episode from scratch. Up to the middle of season 3 so far.

I cant help but re-watch the first couple of episodes from season 1 over and over though
leotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #120
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Rewatching episodes for a series of re-write fanfics. Having a blast adapting them (only adding a few extra plot points and changing up the dialogue , they're more or less fine on their own)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, fred wolf series