The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-22-2019, 03:57 PM   #561
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Don’t listen to them Mikey0. That’s s valid point.
There could always be a Krang’s Android Body statue coming from PCS Collectibles. Anything is possible.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:08 PM   #562
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The Krang’s Android Body [head] in the original cartoon could never turn, tilt, swivel, or etc.. It stayed still all throughout the series.

Um.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg krang-4fdfe0e5-a037-497b-a2d1-2ac8d966c7b-resize-750.jpg (17.1 KB, 37 views)
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #563
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
Um.
Right. A face turn. His neck stays in place all of the time.

These animation blips are what everyone back then should have expected from a weekday and weekend cartoon.

Last edited by mikey0; 10-22-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:58 PM   #564
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
How does a face turn without a neck turning? Isn't it more likely that because the android face was full of fat, and in conjunction with - you know - the nature of animation, that most rational people would assume that when the head of Krang's android body changed orientation, that it was his neck creating the articulating action for the head?

EVIDENCE OF KRANG'S ANDROID NECK TURNING
On The Floor, looking up and to the right

Standing up, head articulated to the left

Unarguably, in this image, Krang's neck is turning his head to the left to look at Shredder while his body remains straight ahead

In this image the animation was well done enough that you can tell the neck turns to move the head by virtue of the linework done on the figure in the animation....

Last edited by IMJ; 10-22-2019 at 07:05 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:26 PM   #565
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The rules were bent a lot in those days because there was more competition.
Yeah Gizmo Duck turned his entire head around and the TMNT animators were all like, fuuuuuuuuck that, watch this.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:32 PM   #566
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
How does a face turn without a neck turning? Isn't it more likely that because the android face was full of fat, and in conjunction with - you know - the nature of animation, that most rational people would assume that when the head of Krang's android body changed orientation, that it was his neck creating the articulating action for the head?

EVIDENCE OF KRANG'S ANDROID NECK TURNING
On The Floor, looking up and to the right
https://i.imgur.com/vPtvA0z.jpg

Standing up, head articulated to the left
https://i.imgur.com/ccLJ0sQ.jpg

Unarguably, in this image, Krang's neck is turning his head to the left to look at Shredder while his body remains straight ahead
https://i.imgur.com/NKoNaw0.jpg
You should ask the animators of the FW cartoon that question. I wouldn’t know. The area conjoining the head to the body of Krang’s Android Body should look like its arms if it had a head that could turn. There should be some clear indication like with the original late 1991 Krang’s Android Body that the head turns when there isn’t any in either version of the FW cartoon.

Face articulated to the left in the second photo. The other pictures were great examples of the fat in the face making it look as if his head could turn, but rare occurrences in both the syndicated and Saturday morning versions of the cartoon. The rules were bent a lot in those days because there were deadlines and computers were much different then than they are today. I’m not even going to ask how Krang could pull the Android Body from off of the floor of the Technodrome. This is a cartoon we are talking about. Like I said earlier, rules are bent sometimes.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #567
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Yeah Gizmo Duck turned his entire head around and the TMNT animators were all like, fuuuuuuuuck that, watch this.
Didn’t Gizmo Duck come after the TMNT miniseries?
Old 10-22-2019, 08:02 PM   #568
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
You should ask the animators of the FW cartoon that question. I wouldn’t know. The area conjoining the head to the body of Krang’s Android Body should look like its arms if it had a head that could turn. There should be some clear indication like with the original late 1991 Krang’s Android Body that the head turns when there isn’t any in either version of the FW cartoon.

Face articulated to the left in the second photo. The other pictures were great examples of the fat in the face making it look as if his head could turn, but rare occurrences in both the syndicated and Saturday morning versions of the cartoon. The rules were bent a lot in those days because there were deadlines and computers were much different then than they are today. I’m not even going to ask how Krang could pull the Android Body from off of the floor of the Technodrome. This is a cartoon we are talking about. Like I said earlier, rules are bent sometimes.
Mikey0, Krang's head turns via neck articulation without visibly articulated joints the same way that a modern, phicen-bodied doll has articulation with real "skin" over joints. Like a human body, you can't see the joints because of some kind of skin or skin like substance over the joint frames.

It's like how the Terminator looks like Arnold and moves around with skin, but once the skin is gone you can see the endoskeleton underneath.

I mean... hahhaha jesus Mikey0, I think I even sort of immediately understood that when I was 9 and first saw the show, buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
HAHAHAHA! Fred Wolf animator: "What? Gizmo Duck can do what?!? Hold my beer....."

Last edited by IMJ; 10-22-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:55 PM   #569
IMJ
Emperor

-double post of content immediately above-
Old 10-22-2019, 09:31 PM   #570
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Mikey0, Krang's head turns via neck articulation without visibly articulated joints the same way that a modern, phicen-bodied doll has articulation with real "skin" over joints. Like a human body, you can't see the joints because of some kind of skin or skin like substance over the joint frames.

It's like how the Terminator looks like Arnold and moves around with skin, but once the skin is gone you can see the endoskeleton underneath.

I mean... hahhaha jesus Mikey0, I think I even sort of immediately understood that when I was 9 and first saw the show, buddy!

What? Why aren’t the arms to Krang’s Android Body like that of a human body? You can see the lines.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:37 PM   #571
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
What? Why aren’t the arms to Krang’s Android Body like that of a human body? You can see the lines.
Well buddy, maybe Krang designed the arms to be modular in that they can be more easily removed and replaced with other parts, or maybe that is a function of the fact that the arms can perform both mass shifting and shape shifting.

You will also recall that Leo and Don had to crawl in between a seam in Krang's "skin' to get into his mechanized body while he was mass shifting. And so, again it makes sense to most reasonable people that there is "skin" covering his neck and that his neck does indeed turn as opposed to a "face turn" (which, I can't believe I even said those words - "face turn").

But there you have it. I hope I've rocked your childhood to the core with this revealing insight into the operation of a Krang body, my man.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #572
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Do me a favor and try to turn your face without turning your neck. There is no "face turn". Your face/head does not move. Your neck does.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:24 PM   #573
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

I don't understand how u guys think android krang's neck will articulate....
u mean like Dogpound's face?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:13 AM   #574
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
There will be a ball jointed neck for Krang’s Android Body, but some could argue that there shouldn’t be a ball jointed neck (non-articulated fat should be in place of a neck) for the deluxe size figure. All NECA Target Exclusive 2-Pack figures are highly articulated, so Krang’s Android Body will look closer to how it does on the retro shirts available online and not a FW cartoon accurate Krang’s Android Body. Either way, the large size figure will sell because the 2-Pack Collection is quite popular with adult collectors at the moment. PCS Collectibles would do a great cartoon accurate statue of Krang’s Android Body from the FW cartoon.

Last edited by mikey0; 10-23-2019 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:03 AM   #575
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
I'm just speculating based on the shape of the sculpt...

There won't be a neck. There will be a bowl in the torso where a neck would be. The bottom of Krang's head will be a giant half-ball joint that will nest into that bowl in the torso. That way it will be able to swivel, tilt, look up and down, etc. makes sense to me, though if you tilt it too far the face will start to dip into the torso.

As for the whole "face turn" vs "neck turn"... that's gotta be a unique one, even for the internet.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #576
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
As for the whole "face turn" vs "neck turn"... that's gotta be a unique one, even for the internet.
I was actually walking around my place last night thinking "this is truly the most ridiculous thing I've read on the internet ever". I swear to God that went through my mind.

A "face turn". I've literally never read anything so unintentionally funny in my life.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #577
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Wave 2 is up on Target.com (thought not available to order yet).

Here's the only link that matters: https://www.target.com/p/teenage-mut...k/-/A-77594632
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #578
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I'm so confused...Krang's android body clearly has no neck! Lolol
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #579
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Here's the only link that matters: https://www.target.com/p/teenage-mut...k/-/A-77594632
If you have the other links, I'd like them too... their search isn't working...
Pleeeeease?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #580
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

geeze it says sold out already. These things are going to be a scalper's paradise, man.