The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 08:19 PM   #321
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And still no costume. Hell, Danny's costume is way more accessible than Matt's, so Netflix has no excuse.

And yeah... Joy and Ward sure as heck ain't crossing over to Jessica Jones or Daredevil. More's the pity.
Funny thing is he had that green tracksuit at the end of defenders which kinda looked his costume than they just forgot about it
Old 10-25-2018, 05:19 AM   #322
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I've soured on it. When Season 2 STILL doesn't do justice to Kun-Lun (I'm not Googling how to spell it, sorry) or Shaolin the Undying (or whatever the dragon's name is, again, not Googling it and I haven't read the comics in about 5 years)... I become a whole lot less forgiving regarding Season 1.

Still in love with the Ward siblings, though. Man, I liked them.
Honestly, those two were the best part of the show. Keep them as siblings in the comics. It was a great dynamic Netflix came up with!
Old 11-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #323
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Don't get me wrong, I still want to see him mentally and physically challenged, but I'm also ready for some color, vibrancy, and optimism. Up the budget a tad and let things get just slightly more fantastical.
This. Definitely this.

6 episodes in so far and while it's all really, really good, I'm getting a vibe that they're sort of embarrassed about actual superheroes and costumes and names and all that. Which is part and parcel for everything that has been going on in Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and most especially Jessica Jones... but I liked that Daredevil didn't shy away from it in season 1 and 2 -- we got a true Daredevil costume (a couple of them, actually), actual ninjas in ninja gear, a comic accurate Punisher, Elektra in costume, etc., etc..
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #324
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

10 episodes in now. Wow! Still really good, and I love the layers to Kingpin's plan. One thing jumped out at me, though:

When the stuff goes down with Melvin, the armorer. At one point Melvin offers to make Daredevil a new suit of armor but Daredevil turns him down, saying, "No thanks, I don't believe in what that suit represents anymore."

What the f*** is he talking about? What it represents? What, like, not being able to be shot or sliced into swiss cheese so easily, which is exactly what happened in season 1 and the whole reason he got it to begin with?

It doesn't make any sense.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:57 AM   #325
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://screenrant.com/daredevil-sea...howrunner/amp/

Not renewed yet, but the show runner pitched season 4 to Netflix board yesterday.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:56 PM   #326
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Daredevil has been canceled: https://deadline.com/2018/11/daredev...ns-1202511521/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #327
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Aw man **** you Netflix. That means Jessica Jones and Punisher are next
Old 11-29-2018, 07:12 PM   #328
AquaParade
Banned

Well we all suspected this was possible, with Disney’s streaming service on the way.

I think this show will go down as one of the best television shows to be cut short (what’s up, “Freaks n’ Geeks”), but I can say I’m just glad it exists and will rewatch the seasons for years to come.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:42 PM   #329
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I cant get into the Daredevil comic, I don't like any other Netflix Marvel show, but I freaking love this show. Its done so well in every way. WHY THE BLOODY HECK? I need an answer from Netflix! Is it the Disney streaming service?

Slash/Agent Bishop and now this in under 24 hours? What more can a nerd's heart take!
Old 11-29-2018, 08:13 PM   #330
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Since this show was never in "full" continuity, only making vague references to the movies while the other tv shows like Shield was indeed in the MCU and the future Disney+ Marvel shows are in the MCU, do you guys think Disney will just count these shows as non-canon and make their own Daredevil, Defenders and whatnot that ARE in MCU continuity?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:34 PM   #331
Leo656
The Franchise

Very good question! I, personally, think they might have to. If a lot of the current "big guns" are really going to be retired from regular circulation after the next Avengers movie, as is rumored, they're gonna need to start padding their film roster with other well-known Marvel characters. I mean, it can't ALL be about the X-Men and Fantastic Four reboots, and how many C-listers can they really elevate to the Main Event going forward?

I know I've said, "They'll get people to buy anything", but even I know that statistically, one of these days they're gonna do it with some really obscure character and it simply won't take, because that's just math. After that, they'll need a more familiar character to do a movie about to make sure people keep the faith. And they've already burned through most of the big ones.

If the choice they one day face as a studio ends up between doing, like, a Dazzler movie, or a Daredevil movie that ignores the TV show, they're gonna do the latter. That's what I think.

Although I'm not sure they'd NEED to ignore the TV shows, but to them it might just be "easier" that way.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:37 PM   #332
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, great question. It was certainly one of the first things to cross my mind.

I, generally being a fan of film over television, whether that comes down to production budget, pacing, or whatever, I can’t really tell ya, would love to see Marvel make a Daredevil film.

Maybe television suits the character, but I still feel like there’s potential there.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:04 PM   #333
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Seems pretty clear to me. Disney now has a majority stake in Hulu. They're starting Disney+ for relatively family stuff. So... they raise the licensing fees on their properties to Netflix through the roof to sour the milk, then re-release them all together on Hulu when Netflix is forced to "cancel" them.

There's no way there was 4 thriving critically acclaimed series a year ago, even a spinoff, and suddenly everything -- especially Daredevil -- is getting canned because of ratings. FAKE news.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:58 AM   #334
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Would be a shame hiding them on Hulu, being a US only (and Japan?) service. Maybe it'll just end up on international Netflix like Star Trek Discovery
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:25 AM   #335
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Well we all suspected this was possible, with Disney’s streaming service on the way.

I think this show will go down as one of the best television shows to be cut short (what’s up, “Freaks n’ Geeks”), but I can say I’m just glad it exists and will rewatch the seasons for years to come.
Didn't Daredevil last much longer than Freaks and Geeks?
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #336
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Didn't Daredevil last much longer than Freaks and Geeks?
It did, but you could argue both were cut short too soon.

Although maybe this is the best outcome. Everyone would have cried if The Simpsons were cancelled on season 8, but now look where we are.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #337
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
It did, but you could argue both were cut short too soon.

Although maybe this is the best outcome. Everyone would have cried if The Simpsons were cancelled on season 8, but now look where we are.
I still watch The Simpsons to this day, but I wouldn't weep if it got canceled.

I still haven't seen the newest episodes of Daredevil, but I hope the last episode can at least pass for a series finale. Judging by the cancellation news though, that doesn't seem likely.

I wish Freaks and Geeks lasted a little longer.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:50 PM   #338
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Would be a shame hiding them on Hulu, being a US only (and Japan?) service.
We'll see what Disney does with Hulu when they take over next year. One of the first things will likely be making it more worldwide.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:33 PM   #339
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I still watch The Simpsons to this day, but I wouldn't weep if it got canceled.

I still haven't seen the newest episodes of Daredevil, but I hope the last episode can at least pass for a series finale. Judging by the cancellation news though, that doesn't seem likely.

I wish Freaks and Geeks lasted a little longer.
As much as I love The Simpsons, the point I was trying to make is that you hear a lot of people wishing the Simpsons had ended in its prime and lamenting the fact that it's still in production, but had they been cancelled long ago, people may have said they weren't ready.
Still, the fact that you still enjoy the show disproves me on one level or another.

Freaks and Geeks was such a treat. I actually didn't even discover it until a four or five years ago, but I've re-watched the series a few times.

I think you'll enjoy the last season of Daredevil. I'm not exactly sure what you look for in a series-finale, but I can't recall any major loose-ends and I found it to be fantastic, overall.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #340
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Aw man, FVCK THIS.

Goodbye, ALL Netflix Marvel series. That means that terrible second season is the last we'll see of Jessica Jones, too!

Tags
daredevil