The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #261
Vegita-San
Emperor

so, i watched the few episodes.

take away all the pre promotion crap. all the agenda crap.. all the 'this is the queer series you're looking for' from the guardian crap.

just the first two episodes on their own.

it's just kind of...boring. it's like winx club mixed in with young justice. The voices are bland (minus glimmer and angela). shadow weavers is out right boring. There are no stakes yet. adora spends one hour or two as a normal teen, we don't see her do anything evil....and then, boom, she-ra and status quo.

The backgrounds are minimalist at best in some places. especially the castle scenes. They turned light hope from a cool thing of mystery, into a boring zelda AI character straight from skyward sword. Catra and Adora have such a weird relationship, catra sleeps at the foot of her bed like a dog....

ugh.

At best, this series in it's first two episodes is...watchable. It's not as horrible as Rise of the Turtles, but it's nothing special either.
I also don't like how the She-Ra transformation A)seems temporary and B)takes away any personality adora has. she's basically a talk less mindless automaton.

Compared to the fun I felt with the 2002 reboot.....there is NONE of that here with the 2018 reboot. Part of that may have to do with the obvious agenda stuff dulling my senses and already putting me on guard for crap...but not all of it.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #262
Vicky82
Emperor

I binged watched this yesterday

At first I couldn't get into it and I almost gave up at episode 5 but I decided to keep watching it to the end and i'm glad I did because I actually enjoyed it and I want a season 2.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:27 AM   #263
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

6 episodes in and I freaking love this show.

Sea Hawk is hands down my favorite character.

Minor complaint came from my partner that Shadow Weaver was missing her ridiculous boob-socks from the old show
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:16 AM   #264
ZariusTwo
Overlord

This show is a tumblr-bait bore so far.

I wound up watching the older show on Youtube. Vastly superior.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:26 PM   #265
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The art sucks so much and is uninspiring.

And I hate this tumblr-esque lesbian-cuddly-friendly vibe this cartoon gives off. Everyone is looking like a lesbian even the boy character (his name is Bow) look like a butch lesbian, he is depicted so feminine!! - he doesn't even have muscles despite being a warrior, just curves and his midrift exposes his belly and he is drawn with heavy eyelashes too wtf. The fat girl sidekick looks fugly too. It's so cringeworthy and I just want to stomp it like a disgusting cockroach.

She-Ra got a cuddly rivalry going on with this cheesy cat girl (they'd be smiling, caring, getting so close with no personal space, jumping on each other's chest, gazing into each others eyes with a small smirk.... ugh. It's shoved constantly so much into our face) and it is just puke inducing storytelling that they deserve a brick to their faces.

Voice acting, the anorexic Queen is the worst. She's trying to sound too posh with her accent and it turns out too fake/not genuine. When she screams and nags other characters you just want to punch her throat.

Now I don't mind having lesbian theme, for example I love Batwoman comics and I can't wait for the upcoming tv show. They got the romance down and full pack action. But this She-Ra fails tbh. 3 episodes in and I'm ready to hurl.

Too bad I was looking forward for this series, it looked promising. But now I can see it's nothing more than just them trying to push their own personal agenda into this cartoon. Hard pass for this lame ass series. Next.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:18 AM   #266
drgon78
Mad Scientist

What is really bad is the Rotten Tomatoes score. They only let 13 critics vote so it has a 100% with the critic score. While it started with a 0% it has a 68% audience score thanks to hundreds of 5 star spam bots that just joined this month and never give a review just 5 stars.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:26 AM   #267
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
What is really bad is the Rotten Tomatoes score. They only let 13 critics vote so it has a 100% with the critic score. While it started with a 0% it has a 68% audience score thanks to hundreds of 5 star spam bots that just joined this month and never give a review just 5 stars.
It was previously flooded with "anti-sjw" people from 4chan bombing the reviews.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:33 AM   #268
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

But, enough with the whiny man-babies that are sad the show isn't made for their boner.

I'm really hoping for Octavia gets more appearances, she looks like a tough fighter and I'd love to see a dynamic sword fight with her using 4 swords (or more) against She-Ra.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:20 AM   #269
Allio
Foot Elite

The show is okay, Nothing really special. Entrapta si best girl.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #270
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I guess those arn't russian bots if they do something 'positive'.

what was the user score before the bot influx?

Old 11-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #271
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
But, enough with the whiny man-babies that are sad the show isn't made for their boner.
I have to agree. Every time I hear a complaint about the character designs looking too lesbian and whatever to me it sounds like 'waah these characters aren't hot enough for me to fap to'. Enough of that.

It's a pretty good show with more unique characters than tje original cardboard cut out characters. I like the extra drama between Adora and Catra and the fact the Horde raises misguided youths into fighting for them, making them think they're the good guys.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #272
Vegita-San
Emperor

wah wah wah.......give me a break.

We just want them to look right in proportion.

Queen Angela looks anorexic and wraith like..

Old 11-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #273
Allio
Foot Elite

You aren’t wrong on proportion, in a sense. She-ra scale felt very inconsistent where sometimes she did feel like a giant other time she felt the same size as Adora
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:23 AM   #274
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
You aren’t wrong on proportion, in a sense. She-ra scale felt very inconsistent where sometimes she did feel like a giant other time she felt the same size as Adora
I kinda agree there. That would have been fixed if Adora didn't get taller when she transformed and stayed the same height.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #275
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I watched all of it and I want more. There's lots to look forward to,
Spoiler:
the technology of the First Ones, which probably means Eternians, hopefully more classic Horde villains now that all good guys have been established, what Etheria really is and its relation to Eternia, and so on.

I don't really have anything bad to say about the characters, but I wanted Scorpia to be more evil than misunderstood.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #276
ZariusTwo
Overlord

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...en-books-2019/

Quote:
Meet She-Ra, Princess of Power! This Little Golden Book, based on the original She-Ra TV series, tells the story of He-Man’s twin sister, Princess Adora, and how she became the mighty She-Ra. Children ages 2 to 5 who are fans of the new She-Ra series on Netflix will love this, as will anyone who grew up watching the original show.

She-Ra, Princess of Power is a classic animated series with a new look and new episodes for a new generation of fans. She-Ra is a brave, loyal, and empowering warrior princess for fans young and old.
Nice to have something out to educate the kids on the original She-Ra
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #277
Vegita-San
Emperor

nice to see people can still draw properly.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #278
Leo656
The Franchise

That's neat. I had a million of those as a kid. Pretty much every popular franchise in the 80s had a slew of them. I didn't even know they still made those. Radical.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #279
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What, the Little Golden Books? Gosh, even the 2012 Turtles have at last a couple of them. (Plus a Big Golden Book version of the Half-Shell Heroes special that was on tv.)

Watched this series recently. Visually speaking, it's a bit too anime for my taste, but the overall vibe of it and the continuous story was decent and enjoyed it pretty well.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:21 PM   #280
Leo656
The Franchise

To be fair, I no longer pick out books at the grocery store as I did when I was 5. Forgive me for being out of the "Little Golden Books" loop.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i like agendas, she-nah, where's loo-kee?