The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

How did Dregg survive?

On "the Day the Earth Disappeared" Lord Dregg was sucked into the blackhole and his ship exploded. How did he survive that? Weren't all of his computers destroyed as well? Was it possible he used the Vortex Transporter? And if he survived that somehow, is it possible that he survived the explosion from Krang's robot body?
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #2
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I don't know how Dregg survived in The Day the Earth Disappeared. When I first watched season ten as a kid, I assumed that he had been killed in that episode, so it was a shock to find out that he was still alive in Divide and Conquer.

I assume that Dregg ended up on a planet inside the black hole after he was sucked into it. It's possible that he got lucky. He also still had a few minutes to think of a way to escape. I think he was definitely killed off in the series finale, though, as I doubt he would have survived the explosion at the end and he didn't have time to think of a way to save himself. He also could've been taken out by the monsters in the Technodrome.

Last edited by Wesley; 12-04-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I don't know how Dregg survived in The Day the Earth Disappeared. When I first watched season ten as a kid, I assumed that he had been killed in that episode, so it was a shock to find out that he was still alive in Divide and Conquer.

I assume that Dregg ended up on a planet inside the black hole after he was sucked into it. It's possible that he got lucky. He also still had a few minutes to think of a way to escape. I think he was definitely killed off in the series finale, though, as I doubt he would have survived the explosion at the end and he didn't have time to think of a way to save himself. He also could've been taken out by the monsters in the Technodrome.
He might have ended on another planet through transporting himself. I mean we saw his ship go into the black hole and it exploded, so I guess he used his Vortex Transporter to transport himself and Mung out of there. It seems unlikely Dregg would ever survive the explosion from Krang's body. He was grabbed and couldn't escape, only had a few seconds left and there's no way he'd survive such a powerful explosion at such close range so I guess he's gone for good. The monsters could but Dregg was pretty formidable and I imagine there'd have to be a lot of monsters to take out Dregg

I often theorized this. Remember when he meets April by transsfering himself into a computer and appearing right before her? I thought that perhaps Dregg was transported near the Technodrome and at the last minute, transsferred his essense into one of the working computers in the Technodrome. It was damaged but the Transdimensional portal in the technodrome was working so I thought maybe he went inside the Technodrome's computer to escape. Especially since when The Turtles came back from Dimension X, they were at the Technodrome, though.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #4
sdp
Megan Fox = April

As a kid I assumed all villains escaped somehow no matter what. It wasn't until I watched more anime that I stopped assuming that and that only applied to anime shows. Western shows have changed now and we see plenty of permanent deaths but it's still rare and definitely not common at all back in the 90s.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
As a kid I assumed all villains escaped somehow no matter what. It wasn't until I watched more anime that I stopped assuming that and that only applied to anime shows. Western shows have changed now and we see plenty of permanent deaths but it's still rare and definitely not common at all back in the 90s.
I agree that it was rare that villains were killed off back in the 90s. There were a few times that I thought the Joker died a few times in the DCAU and he came back soon enough.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

All this talk really makes me want to watch the Red Sky seasons of the show.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
Icebot
Foot Elite

I don't know how Dregg survived the black hole explosion but this is why I never thought Dregg was destroyed in Divide And Conquer. If he could survive the Dreggnaught explosion in the previous episode, why couldn't he survive the Krang body explosion, not to mention he had his extra exoskeleton and he didn't have it in the 2nd to last episode.

This is a lot like when AVGN reviewed the TMNT 3 movie when he thought
Spoiler:
Super Shredder should have survived easily if he can do it as regular Shredder.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #8
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

I am still wondering how Brak lived though certain death in Space Ghost.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote