The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #201
Allio
Foot Elite

lets not get into a physical vs digital videogame debate... both of them have their merits and their faults...personally I prefer a physical copy, but a digital one is fine by me
Old 03-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #202
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I find that when stuff is download-only, it's usually a game that wouldn't exist if they had pay to publish it on disc. So I can't really complain.

That's all changing, though. While PS4 will still have discs, its supposed to have all games available digitally. We shall see what people choose when they have the option. I'm betting discs will continue to sell throughout this console generation. (CDs are still the top-selling music format.)
Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #203
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
lets not get into a physical vs digital videogame debate... both of them have their merits and their faults...personally I prefer a physical copy, but a digital one is fine by me
It's not even about that. It's about downloadable game services and the lies that people believe about it.

I also wouldn't believe that the disc based TMNT game will be THAT much longer or rich with features. It'll be game for kids that'll have a story mode that lasts 4-5 hours at best.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #204
Vi11AiN6
Foot Soldier

Really?!?!?!?

Point A) To say the Mutant Turtles are Ugly is just stupid! This depiction is the closest we're going to get to an Arkham Asylum type of "dark and gritty" looking TMNT. I love the design, a lot of thought behind it and they look like F'n Mutant Ninja Turtles (actually more like Mutant KARATE Turtles).....
The "ugly" is actually a complement to designers. They made a new depiction of what real MUTANT TURTLES would actually look like. Personally I'm sure these guy are much more heroic and handsome than what the REAL result would be (I'm thinking something scare out of Prometheus).
MUTANT TURTLES should be somewhat scary! and freakish! It's their personalities and emotions and spirits that we fall in love with, what better way than to have "monters" that talk and feel what our boys are like?!>!>!!>!>!>?!?!?

Point B)
This is step one of the new games, honestly Activisions "Download" is going to be a demo game to make waves, it's going to be something to play, make a BUZZ in the industry. I think Out Of The Shadows is a PERFECT intro game, it's got an original art direction that isn't committed to Nick or IDW. However it's going to be a basic "Beat'em Up Game" Of course it is, this is marketing at it's best, a Downloadable game to hear and see all the feedback on what the fanatics/market want in a TMNT game.
Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist but part of me thinks they make the TMNT's in a very "Arkham Asylum" style because that was the buzz all over the internet. These guys aren't dumb, they have Skylanders and are masters of marketing. They are "feeling out" and that's all this game is, a simple downloadable "Beat'em up game with an Arkham style theme" because that's what 2012 generated as a buzz. Trust me the console games are going to be VERY different.

Take off your reactionary fanboy hats and actually think about marketing, media, and a HUGE franchise video game series.
Honestly I would think they would make a TMNT Skylanders type of series of all the characters as action figures that you can collect and play in a game, think about it, TMNT, Playmates, Activision = one of the BIGGEST money making entertainments in 2014 with every kid 6 to 13 (and then all the geek parents)
BOOM END OF Rant!!!!!
Vi11AiN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #205
Vi11AiN6
Foot Soldier

Of Course...

It would be easy to "unlock" different "skins".
Activisions Wolverine had the ability to "unlock" different Wolvie costumes as you play the game,
maybe in the console game you will be able to unlock different "skins/costumes" in various versions.... I personally would love to see an all Black Raph from the Adventures line...
Vi11AiN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #206
Powder
So tired of this place

On another note, I heard back at the Facebook page. Got your typical vague ass response-

"The game is inspired by the Nick show, so they're already involved (check out their page in our featured "Likes")."

I'm honestly thinking they misread Nintendo as Nickelodeon, considering that made no sense and the only page I can see they've liked is that of the Nick show.

If that's the case, these guys are idiots.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #207
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Why is it such a big deal to you anyway? They decided not to put it on Nintendo consoles. The end. It happens all the time. There's probably not a long detailed explanation.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 03-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #208
Purplepizzaeater
Mouser

I think the game looks pretty good. I can't wait. When do you guys think it will be released?? I know summer hopefully late June!
Purplepizzaeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #209
sykosis
Thug

I don't like some of the responses on here because most of them are quite rude.
Someone will state their opinion and someone will blatantly say they are wrong. Someone's opinion cannot be wrong, it's an OPINION.

That said, I will give my opinion and anyone can agree or disagree, I don't care.

As a fan, I'm going to buy this game, I look forward to embarking on an adventure with my favorite characters of all time. The art design is different. It's gritty, dark, looks a bit more mature, and it's everything I could ask for in a new TMNT game.
The Turtles' designs are a bit shocking, and I will agree, the nostrils are the worst part, at least for me, but I can get past it. The only design I really dislike is Raphael's strange 'five o'clock shadow' he's got going on.
I strongly believe that though the description says it is inspired by the Nick turtles, and the Tree and Splinter in the background support that, these turtles might be what Bay's turtles will look like in the movie. If this is the case, I'm excited to see the Turtles take a darker turn like they were first created to do.
sykosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #210
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
Finally! A Turtles game I can play on the Playstation 3!

Dude, you just made my day!
Hell yeah! Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykosis View Post
I don't like some of the responses on here because most of them are quite rude.
Someone will state their opinion and someone will blatantly say they are wrong. Someone's opinion cannot be wrong, it's an OPINION.

That said, I will give my opinion and anyone can agree or disagree, I don't care.

As a fan, I'm going to buy this game, I look forward to embarking on an adventure with my favorite characters of all time. The art design is different. It's gritty, dark, looks a bit more mature, and it's everything I could ask for in a new TMNT game.
The Turtles' designs are a bit shocking, and I will agree, the nostrils are the worst part, at least for me, but I can get past it. The only design I really dislike is Raphael's strange 'five o'clock shadow' he's got going on.
I strongly believe that though the description says it is inspired by the Nick turtles, and the Tree and Splinter in the background support that, these turtles might be what Bay's turtles will look like in the movie. If this is the case, I'm excited to see the Turtles take a darker turn like they were first created to do.

You've just nailed it! I don't understand why some people here get all aggressive when somebody's just posting his view on certain things. It's their opinion, therefore they can express it here. You can argue but you don't have to get pissed and all & react in rude childish ways, that's just bogues!

As you said, I'm not a huge fan of the nostrils either, I gotta say the designs will have to grow on me, however I'm really glad to finally get a Turtles game for PS3 and I'll buy it as a fan. I guess the game will be good in the long run.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #211
zkarlette
Fashionably late

The biggest problem here seems to be the nostrils that make them look like the cast of Dinosaurs.
I can't believe that with all the great art that it's out there they just can't get the design right.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #212
Allio
Foot Elite

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I think alternate costumes would be cool for the game

could be like a "Turtles Forever" pack, where they are different skins of (Mirage/87/03/IDW/More Nick) this way for the "animation clash" feel, and also when playing online, it doesn't have to be "Oh, if the other three turtles are taken, I guess I have to be the worst" this way it can be a mix and match team up

---

Quick question, people say they want Konami to do the game again... but what was the last game Konami made that was memorable (seriously, the only thing I know they do is the Yu-Gi-Oh! games)
Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #213
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Quick question, people say they want Konami to do the game again... but what was the last game Konami made that was memorable (seriously, the only thing I know they do is the Yu-Gi-Oh! games)
Silent Hill and Metal Gear I would say is very memorable
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #214
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
um, yeah. Hello.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #215
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
And those games are completely different genres compared to what they did with TMNT 20 years ago.

I think she also said lately. There hasn't been a good Silent Hill since the first one and the latest Metal Gear was done by Platinum.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #216
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

On another note, I heard back at the Facebook page. Got your typical vague ass response-

"The game is inspired by the Nick show, so they're already involved (check out their page in our featured "Likes")."

I'm honestly thinking they misread Nintendo as Nickelodeon, considering that made no sense and the only page I can see they've liked is that of the Nick show.

If that's the case, these guys are idiots.
They said this game was inspired by the Nick show? How the hell is that possible when it doesn't resemble the show in the slightest?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #217
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I actually think I might get this game
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #218
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They said this game was inspired by the Nick show? How the hell is that possible when it doesn't resemble the show in the slightest?
You can tell the lair resembles the nick layout some, you can even see the characteristic tree in the training room. also it's been pointed out that raph's shell has the crack as seen in the nick show. so there is definitely evidence that it's nick inspired. it's supposed to have a large number of characters too. after seeing the turtles i really want to see what their other designs look like. particularly the other mutants like leatherhead, dogpound and fishface
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #219
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant

I'll be buying it!! I think they look cool!

Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #220
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshDA7X View Post
I'll be buying it!! I think they look cool!
I'm getting it too! It could turn out to be really fun, nobody knows yet. I'm optimistic Keeping expectations in check is the key here.

BTW, if this has online co-op (a man can dream) we'll have to start a thread devoted to exchanging friend info. I'll be getting the Steam version, but possibly the PS3 version as well. Too early to say.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
video games