The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-14-2021, 07:26 PM   #21
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I tried to watch it. Never made it through though. Any time that I would turn it on (on Netflix), I would end up falling asleep. Oh well.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/NMVMM...ufpV/giphy.gif
Just have it playing in the background while your multitasking with other stuff.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:28 PM   #22
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I tried to watch it. Never made it through though. Any time that I would turn it on (on Netflix), I would end up falling asleep. Oh well.
I think I probably quit at the 15th episode.

The DVDs look to be going out of print as well, as of Monday. Shout! Factory announced on Twitter that they have titles going out of print, and that Monday is the last day that you can get those titles from them, and Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation DVDs are among them. The listings for volumes 1 and 2 say sold out, but the single-disc releases are currently still available from them.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1360308190861172736
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:38 PM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
For example, in "East Meets West, Part 1," the music where Raphael rides his motorcycle and the Turtles drive the humvee is different. Also, the scene where Shredder chastises the Foot Soldiers after Splinter defeats them cuts some of the more amusing moments out. A comparison is at 8:31 in the video. There was also a Batman & Robin billboard in one of the shots that got cut as well.

Well he never mentioned the music being different besides the opening theme song, any real evidence the actual music from the show was changed?

The batman & robin billboard is definitely in at least in one episode since I remember seeing it in my watchthrough last month.

As far as the dialog that's interesting, I remember shredder talking to his foot soldiers in the netflix cut as well but perhaps not those specific lines? I do remember the Power Rangers DVDs had some small scenes cut because the masters that Saban sent Shout didn't have them which were different from the aired ones, I'm guessing the same happened here?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:33 PM   #24
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Corrections are in order about the Next Mutation DVDs. While the volume sets are sold out, the two single-disc releases are still available, even after Monday. So if anyone might be interested in those, they're still available until they finally sell out.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:10 PM   #25
shihe
Hench Mutant

I gave this show so many chances.
I've been trying to bear it for years.
I've forced myself to find something to like. And everytime I went back to it, I never remembered where I left off, because the events from the show just weren't memorable enough.

It's a shame that the show left Netflix just when it was my yearly attempt at watching it. Also wanted to give it a watch for research reasons. But I guess I'll just turtle-pedia what I need to know about it.
shihe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:41 AM   #26
newfan
Mad Scientist

I took a look at this fairly recently, with mind to just take it is it, look past the visual (because that put me off) and try to follow the story. I only watched about 3 eps in the end, not enough to give the whole thing a chance but I didn't find myself getting into it.

Last edited by newfan; 02-20-2021 at 02:09 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:46 PM   #27
Storm Eagle
Saved by

It turns out that they volumes for Next Mutation aren't really sold out and out of print. Ever since I reported them sold out, they were up for sale again on Shout! Factory's site, although the second volume is sold out again. So they could still get those back in stock again. Once the images in their listings are grayed out, that's when they're really out of print.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=2057

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=2060
Old 03-17-2021, 07:56 PM   #28
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Upon further research the only difference between the original broadcast and the new one is the intro music and when the intro music is used during the show. The extra footage actually seems to be exclusive to the "movie" version of East Meets West which is slightly different than the 5 parter. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote