The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #41
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I called Karai back in season 1. Remember her outfit in "Karai's Vendetta"? I'm surprised her jean jacket didn't have "BUTCH" stenciled on the back.

But yeah, Shini is totally in love with her.
Well she was riding a motorcycle so I can understand why she has some heavy clothing though I do agree that Shini wants some of that Hamato carpet

Also 2k3 Leo always struck me as asexual.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #42
ToTheNines
[sic]

I thought he was acting pretty gay towards Casey in the beginning of "Dragon's Brew". But yeah, he's certainly an eccentric dude.

4kids Mikey seemed pretty asexual though. He maybe made a few innocuous remarks about April's looks, but never really showed any interest in anyone the whole series.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #43
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I thought he was acting pretty gay towards Casey in the beginning of "Dragon's Brew". But yeah, he's certainly an eccentric dude.

4kids Mikey seemed pretty asexual though. He maybe made a few innocuous remarks about April's looks, but never really showed any interest in anyone the whole series.
He seemed to act more "edgy" towards Casey in that episode(just rewatched the episode) than wanting to f$%k him. As for Mikey never thought of him as asexual but thats not too far out
Old 01-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #44
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My breakdown-

87 toon: Leo Raph and Mikey- 100% straight (April, Lotus, Mona Lisa, Kala, Buffy Shellhammer, and even Irma) Don- POSSIBLY bi or asexual- closest we ever get is his getting more friendly with Irma in later season eps like Donatello's Degree and Invasion of the Turtle-Snatchers.

4Kids: all more or less straight- Leo seems interested in Karai, Mikey only crossdresses when the others FORCE him to and always protests (same goes for 87- and I suspect they only make him do it because he's the only one capable of pulling off such a ruse due to his girlish scream) Don had that brief crush on April. Raph and Joi; otherwise we got nadda.

Nick- so far all four turtles have proven distictly straight; Mikey has a thing for Renet AND Shini, Raph has Mona Lisa again, Leo/Karai sort of have something, and of course Donnie's gaga for April. Karai could be bi, and Shini as well.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #45
Ulisa
Foot Soldier

Hmm, I'd say the only ones that I thought of as being bi or gay were probably Karai and Shini from the Nick series. The other series either struck me as straight or asexual.

Though, Sam Riegel did state at Saboten Con a few years ago that with 2k3 Donatello, he played him as homosexual because "I assume all my characters are homosexual unless I'm told otherwise."
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:47 PM   #46
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
My breakdown-

87 toon: Leo Raph and Mikey- 100% straight (April, Lotus, Mona Lisa, Kala, Buffy Shellhammer, and even Irma) Don- POSSIBLY bi or asexual- closest we ever get is his getting more friendly with Irma in later season eps like Donatello's Degree and Invasion of the Turtle-Snatchers.

4Kids: all more or less straight- Leo seems interested in Karai, Mikey only crossdresses when the others FORCE him to and always protests (same goes for 87- and I suspect they only make him do it because he's the only one capable of pulling off such a ruse due to his girlish scream) Don had that brief crush on April. Raph and Joi; otherwise we got nadda.

Nick- so far all four turtles have proven distictly straight; Mikey has a thing for Renet AND Shini, Raph has Mona Lisa again, Leo/Karai sort of have something, and of course Donnie's gaga for April. Karai could be bi, and Shini as well.
I don't see what makes you think 87 Don might be bi considering he hasn't shown any interest in any male. And the closest thing he showed to an interest was blushing after April kissed him or something. Also remember that episode where, at the end, the Turtles argue who April winked at at the end of the emission and then it turned out to be Splinter? All four Turtles argued she winked at them.

And ofc the Irma chemistry thing in Donatello's Degree.

So yes, I'd say straight.

He got lucky he didn't consume that love potion thing, though. But I'm sure he'd be straight.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:49 PM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Pretty sure two hot girls can be childhood friends and not be gay for each other. I know karai and shini are hot and evil and dressed in black and all that, but don't ship them as gay just because you wish they were.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:50 PM   #48
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Pretty sure two hot girls can be childhood friends and not be gay for each other. I know karai and shini are hot and evil and dressed in black and all that, but don't ship them as gay just because you wish they were.
There's this believe held by many that all chicks are somewhat bi and like to make out with each other at parties and **** whilst drunk.

What Hollywood does to people's perceptions...
Old 01-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, this thread is going exactly as I thought it would.

Personally, I take Leonardo to be extremely ace. His relationship with Karai is not even all that romantic, at least in 23K. He feels a more moral need to "save" her from Shredder's influence than hopes of a relationship with her. Which is good, because 23K Karai seems like she's in her mid 20's.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
There's this believe held by many that all chicks are somewhat bi and like to make out with each other at parties and **** whilst drunk.

Yep. I heard that and knew a pair like that, but other than that I know tons of girls that are close friends but 100% straight. I think between Hollywood and some of us wishing that certain hotries would go down on each other, most people are too quick to assume some friends just have to be gay for each other.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-07-2017, 09:58 PM   #51
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yep. I heard that and knew a pair like that, but other than that I know tons of girls that are close friends but 100% straight. I think between Hollywood and some of us wishing that certain hotries would go down on each other, most people are too quick to assume some friends just have to be gay for each other.
They're like Jerry Seinfeld, who imagines girls are always talking smack about others and having lingerie pillow fights when they're alone together.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:15 PM   #52
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Oh come on Coola, you mean to tell me with the scenes you saw with Shini and Karai, you don't think Shini wants to be more then friends. I'm just saying Shini looks like she wants to be more closer, now I'm not sure whether or not Karai share those feeling but Shini does look like she wants some.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:20 PM   #53
Prowler
Emperor

Tbh I kinda like how TMNT doesn't seem to be as relationship heavy as other franchises. I kinda like the idea of the Turtles being asexual. That or simple forever single/alone. Dunno why but I do.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:13 PM   #54
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Leo was dressed as a old lady in the Don't Judge A Book short.
THANK YOU!
That was going to drive me crazy all night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulisa View Post
Though, Sam Riegel did state at Saboten Con a few years ago that with 2k3 Donatello, he played him as homosexual because "I assume all my characters are homosexual unless I'm told otherwise."
This...right here is an awesome quote.

Quote:

I'm with Riegel on this one: everyone is default bi until proven otherwise.

Quote:
Tbh I kinda like how TMNT doesn't seem to be as relationship heavy as other franchises. I kinda like the idea of the Turtles being asexual. That or simple forever single/alone. Dunno why but I do.
This for me is one of the things that makes "Sons of the Silent Age" one of my favorite Mirage books. Not that they all aren't hyper aware of the fact that they're not human, and even if they love like humans, they're still...not humans. And April's realization that some of Raph's more erratic behaviors stem from him dealing with it.

It's why I prefer the turtles be in a universe lacking in other mutants.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:14 AM   #55
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Oh come on Coola, you mean to tell me with the scenes you saw with Shini and Karai, you don't think Shini wants to be more then friends. I'm just saying Shini looks like she wants to be more closer, now I'm not sure whether or not Karai share those feeling but Shini does look like she wants some.
Not particularly. I mean girls usually naturally act more affectionate than guys. Guys can't even hug without saying 'no homo' for fear of their masculinity being put into question.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:55 AM   #56
ToTheNines
[sic]

Cody Jones might have been gay. He was always ducking Starlee's attempts to be with him.

Quote:
Guys can't even hug without saying 'no homo' for fear of their masculinity being put into question.
That's not true.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:02 AM   #57
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Don had that brief crush on April. Raph and Joi; otherwise we got nadda.
Don had Adam from the Ninja Tribunal. His interactions with April never seemed romantic to me, and he didn't care when she went for Casey.

Quote:
Mikey has a thing for Renet AND Shini
And Bradford... and Leatherhead....
Old 01-08-2017, 05:27 AM   #58
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Cody Jones might have been gay. He was always ducking Starlee's attempts to be with him.
Maybe he's just not into blue chicks?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:51 AM   #59
AlessandraDC
Thug

I think the only confirmed character is Lindsay in IDW. I could see some of the boys being bi, pan, or demisexual, but of course, nothing confirmed.
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:44 AM   #60
Ceres
Stone Warrior

Krang no doubt could be a bisexual, seeing as he had a thing for Shreeka in the past and his current partnership with Shredder conducts that he has a gay root too.

To the topic Karai/Shinigami...its all different views, they can be like best friends from childhood or lesbians, either way is possible, to rule one out however is not really a solution. In the end everything stays a headcanon until the creators state it.

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote