The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #481
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's pretty much what Salvation and especially Genisys already did with SkyNET. It's always learning, after every movie.
Yep Genesys's Skynet uploaded itself into a T-5000 Terminator.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:28 PM   #482
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Genysis feels very much like a fanfic written by some dude getting inebriated in his dorm, and that's whats fantastic about it
I had to fix the former sentence - that movie was such a train-wreck ..even if it is a poorly written fan-fic. :B
I'm sorry Candy Kappa, but for me, Genisys should have never been made into a movie. Salvation has it's critics, but it felt more 'finished' than Genisys did.

Last edited by DarkFell; 01-31-2020 at 02:36 AM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:14 PM   #483
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think the casting choices in Genisys pulled me out more than anything else. Namely Reese and John's. Also the PG-13. And also that everything seemed hinged around the big twist that John becomes a Terminator, which nobody cared about.

The ideas of SkyNET becoming aware and ahead of the game were neat, but not explored enough and clearly left for sequels that never happened. Like with the other two failed trilogy starters.

Man, this all makes me sad.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:36 AM   #484
frank_one
Mad Scientist

True, I've never cared about Connor in Genisys, his face... was wrong since the beginning. Reese? I'm having an hard time even remembering he was in the movie. Worst casting ever.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:41 AM   #485
CyberCubed
Overlord

The guy who played John Conner in Genysis reminded me of Bill Murray for some reason. Also why was he constantly laughing or chuckling in the movie even in the beginning or in flashbacks? Christian Bale or the guy who played him in T3 fit his character much better.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:47 AM   #486
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The guy who played John Conner in Genysis reminded me of Bill Murray for some reason. Also why was he constantly laughing or chuckling in the movie even in the beginning or in flashbacks? Christian Bale or the guy who played him in T3 fit his character much better.
I didn't feel that guy looked right for John Conner.

I actually didn't go out to see this one in the end, I planned to but then lost interest, I'll still catch it though.

Actually, I'm curious, where would you guys rate this movie compared to the others? (obviously not including the first 2 as they are well liked, I mean the less well received, like the last one for instance)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:54 AM   #487
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just appallingly bad casting. I'm not saying they needed a Beihn lookalike, but it's like they didn't even try. And either Nick Stahl or Bale from 3 or 4 would have been fine as John. If the whole movies hinges on the John Connor reveal as a Terminator, we need to care or have some invested interest in that John Connor. It falls apart if we're constantly going, "That doesn't even look like John Connor at all. Any John Connor."

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Actually, I'm curious, where would you guys rate this movie compared to the others? (obviously not including the first 2 as they are well liked, I mean the less well received, like the last one for instance)
Eh... from best to worst...

1. T1
2. T2

Small gap.

3. T3.

Bigger gap.

4. T4.

Even larger gap.

5. T5.
6. T6.

So yeah, "Genicyst" better than "Woke Fate" by a few hairs.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:00 AM   #488
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Just appallingly bad casting. I'm not saying they needed a Beihn lookalike, but it's like they didn't even try. And either Nick Stahl or Bale from 3 or 4 would have been fine as John. If the whole movies hinges on the John Connor reveal as a Terminator, we need to care or have some invested interest in that John Connor. It falls apart if we're constantly going, "That doesn't even look like John Connor at all. Any John Connor."

Eh... from best to worst...

1. T1
2. T2

Small gap.

3. T3.

Bigger gap.

4. T4.

Even larger gap.

5. T5.
6. T6.

So yeah, "Genicyst" better than "Woke Fate" by a few hairs.
My list might be similar to that (barring not seeing 6 yet), though I'm not sure if I like 2 better than the first or equally.

Totally agreed on Connor, I just kept thinking he looked like a business man (ignoring the scar) rather than a guy leading people in a fight to stay alive and take down man killing machines.

Last edited by newfan; 01-31-2020 at 10:15 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:54 PM   #489
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
I think the casting choices in Genisys pulled me out more than anything else. Namely Reese and John's. Also the PG-13. And also that everything seemed hinged around the big twist that John becomes a Terminator, which nobody cared about.
I agree, casting in TG was bad.
Deynerys was not convincing as bad ass Sarah and Jai had nothing on Kyle Reese from the first movie.

Guy who played John Connor was not a good leader of Resistance, but he worked as villain, so I suspect he was cast with that idea in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Its a time loop. No matter how many times they stop it. Another AI from a different company is created and it still becomes self aware.
More like Status Quo on universal scale.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:27 PM   #490
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Which is why the only interesting "new" place to go with Terminator after T3 was full-on into the Future War. We could have used 3 movies of that. No time travel malarky (maybe at the very end).
Old 01-31-2020, 03:13 PM   #491
CyberCubed
Overlord

Seems every few years we'll get a new reboot anyway:

T3 = 2003

Salvation = 2009

Genysis = 2015

Dark Fate = 2019

Honestly surprised how fast Dark Fate came after the last one, I was expecting a bigger gap like there was between T3 and Salvation, and then Salvation and Genysis.

Oh well, by 2025 they'll most likely be yet another Terminator movie. I don't know if Arnold will be in that one though, he'll be pushing 80.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:21 PM   #492
sdp
Shock Rocker

Yeah T3 felt like it came out only like 5 years or so after T2 but it was 11, but somehow T4 felt like it also took forever but it was only 6 years later. T5 felt like it took forever as well but it was only 6 years as well and T6 feels like it came out not long after T5 but it was 4 years. I'm sure there's confusion why T6 doesn't continue off T5.

Let's also not forget Sarah Connor Chronicles, only watched the first season but probably more fun than the sequels of the 2000's.

PM me for an invite to the TechnoDrome Discord
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:28 AM   #493
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Linda Hamilton really didn't want to watch herself in Dark Fate:

https://www.looper.com/189381/why-li...tor-dark-fate/
Old 02-29-2020, 03:08 AM   #494
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Director suspects (literally) that the movie failed because of "get woke, go broke."

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...x-office-bomb/
Old 02-29-2020, 04:06 AM   #495
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Director suspects (literally) that the movie failed because of "get woke, go broke."

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...x-office-bomb/
Because, making a movie with ****** special effects, ****** over the top action scenes, which do not suit the franchise, rehashing ideas from every piece of Terminator media, while adding little to no of the new fresh ideas, killing one of the main characters of the whole franchise, just to replace him with sex-swapped carbon-copy is a good writing and directing and absolutely fine and dandy and sits well with long-time fans of the franchise (and people who appreciate good movies in general).

Time Miller is either an idiot or an idiot who think that he can shift the blame for his ****** work for bunch of random people.

Anyhow TDF was a deserved failure and this always will be a Dark spot on his Fate, no matter amount of whining about toxic fans and the like.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #496
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

You know he's ******** on you guys, right? Did you read the article? He's calling you a vocal, negative minority waiting to pounce.

Quote:
He adds, “There is quite a toxic atmosphere around this film online, which I was really surprised at. I shouldn’t be, but I was.”

Miller agrees with this assertion saying, “Yeah and unfortunately, I think it is a small minority, but it’s a very vocal minority and they make a lot of noise and it’s hard. You now, I don’t dwell online on the negativity, but it’s human nature to read a little bit.”
It's not the "Get woke, go broke" thing he's talking about. He's talking about you complaining about not being catered to at every turn.

Read the damn article.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:54 PM   #497
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
It's not the "Get woke, go broke" thing he's talking about. He's talking about you complaining about not being catered to at every turn.

Read the damn article.
Speaking for myself, I don't want to pounce on this guy, neither I want to pounce on his movies.

I just want a GOOD movie. As in with the good acting, good story, good CGI, good OST.

This hack failed to deliver a good movie and instead of admiting that it was his fault, putting his tail between his legs and quietly hiding in shadows for a time being or at least not acting like a toxic 15 year old, he cries about "toxic minorities hating his work". And even before that he was crying how everyone who will hate his movie is a "misogynist".

This guy is an idiot, no matter how you read the article.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:21 PM   #498
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Blame the fans. Never fails after movie fails.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:33 PM   #499
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
You know he's ******** on you guys, right? Did you read the article? He's calling you a vocal, negative minority waiting to pounce.
Except we really weren't. Most of us were really holding out hope for the movie. Terminator sorely needed a win, not social justice.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:49 PM   #500
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:

Read the damn article.
He calls them the minority yet when they spoke with their wallets, he paid the price.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adayinsidemillerthemovie, cuckwithmeifyouwanttolive, franchise is terminated, hasta la vista cis men, pappenbrooktriggered, terminator: woke fate, the future is female