The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #21
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search...New&Brand=2431

Just saw these today. They look cool but not for the price.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #22
dragonside
Hench Mutant

would buy these for like 50% off...
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #23
Coro
Mad Scientist

I always said clearance bin, but looking at them now, I might even give as much as $40 for these. Maybe if I had one in hand I would get a different impression? Anyone had hands on? to the youtubes!

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #24
Coro
Mad Scientist

Woah Woah Woah Woh......

I never saw this part....

"Includes a build a pieces of Splinter"

Ok now I am willing to go a full $50 per turtle. These actually look amazing, but how on earth is this price justified? This is insanely priced.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #25
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Good find on that pic of Splinter, tmntman!

They are vinyl art, which has an insane market right now for some reason, I guess due to so many plebes wanting to be toy collectors?? :p

Kidrobot's 6-7" TMNT vinyls have MSRP of $40...

These are 12.6"...that's huge...just look how they are about as wide in both directions as they are tall. Over 1 full cubic foot of vinyl turtle art...

So I could see someone thinking an MSRP of $80 or even $100 is justified here. Heck, volume-wise it's 8 times the kidrobot volume. Add in a splinter BAF part and $120 maybe?

LE500, only 500 made... At least of the "deluxe" versions which have the special paint jobs and the BAF.

I'm not defending it I'm just trying to understand. I have the kidrobots but I paid half or less for them by waiting for the clearance. I dunno how many kidrobot 6" were made, maybe these won't last long enough to hit clearance?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:11 AM   #26
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Ok now I am willing to go a full $50 per turtle. These actually look amazing, but how on earth is this price justified? This is insanely priced.
It's simply a different market, one that has traditionally carried a much higher price point. They aren't looking at these as toys, they are pieces of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I'm not defending it I'm just trying to understand. I have the kidrobots but I paid half or less for them by waiting for the clearance. I dunno how many kidrobot 6" were made, maybe these won't last long enough to hit clearance?
I don't know about production numbers on the 8" Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder and Triceraton figures. But I did order full sets of both versions of the 8" Turtles from Kidrobot and both came in the original shipping cases from the factory. The markings on the cases indicated that there were 332 cases of the regular Raphael figure produced and 56 cases of the exclusive version. And each case had four figures inside. So even if that was the only production run or shipment that was produced, there were at least 1,328 of the regular figures and 224 of the exclusives. So that's a production run of at least three times what they are doing here.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:58 AM   #27
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
But I did order full sets of both versions of the 8" Turtles from Kidrobot and both came in the original shipping cases from the factory. The markings on the cases indicated that there were 332 cases of the regular Raphael figure produced and 56 cases of the exclusive version. And each case had four figures inside. So even if that was the only production run or shipment that was produced, there were at least 1,328 of the regular figures and 224 of the exclusives. So that's a production run of at least three times what they are doing here.
Ah, yes, I was referring to the Triceraton/Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady.

Forgot about the turtles... I have them as well (also from clearance fire sales).

Thanks for doing the math on that. Still hard to say what will happen market-wise on these. There was excitement around those Kidrobot turtles...these are being met with "meh" from what I've seen here and elsewhere...that may be solely due to price. Personally I think these are more fun than those turtles, while unnecessarily large. So far we have a bit less high-end TMNT stuff coming at us this year so maybe the thirst will grow for these...

Do you suppose maybe that's not the actual size comparison for Splinter, just a small hint of what he will look like super-imposed on a Don image at a smaller size? I'm probably just wishing on a star there.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #28
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ah, yes, I was referring to the Triceraton/Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady.
I'm going to guess that the production runs on those were quite a bit higher. They did sell to a lot more stores and each of those figures also had an exclusive version available at SDCC as well. (Shredder and Triceraton actually had two variants.) Plus, with those figures they were recycling the body and arms between every figure. So there was less work and expense in the mold production.

Quote:
Do you suppose maybe that's not the actual size comparison for Splinter, just a small hint of what he will look like super-imposed on a Don image at a smaller size? I'm probably just wishing on a star there.
It's hard to tell with the lighting in that picture. But that looks like actual vinyl, not a prototype. And if they have gone to the trouble of creating the mold to produce him at that scale already, he'll probably stay at that scale. Although if they are using 3D printing, they could have just made a 1:2 scale version to test the design and fit. But my primary reason for thinking that he'll stay that size is that finding room for the torso piece in the packaging for which ever Turtle includes it will be difficult if it is much larger that that.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #29
statik
Foot Soldier

It would be smarter to advertise the Splinter add on as to the exact details and paint job if there is one. Sounds like you have to buy all four to get all four pieces to build him. This prices out the novelty big time as the market is saturated as it is. It be different if someone just went with their favorite turtle and got a full Splinter but not the case here. No interest till clearance and other things are on the horizon so my interesr will probably be lost by time they realize they priced it wrong.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #30
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

The more I see these, the more I like them. Has anyone got their hands on Mikey of Don yet? if so what do you think of them?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #31
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
The more I see these, the more I like them. Has anyone got their hands on Mikey of Don yet? if so what do you think of them?
Great timing. Both just arrived at my office this morning. I haven't opened them yet. But here's a few photos:

Donatello:
Spoiler:

Michelangelo:
Spoiler:

Splinter promo:
Spoiler:

Old 06-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #32
Zog
Hench Mutant

These look awesome! Any idea when Leo and Raph are supposed to release?
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:55 AM   #33
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

You going to do a video, pics? impressions?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:16 AM   #34
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
You going to do a video, pics? impressions?
I'll post more pics. But this time of year I'm working 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week. So it may take some time to get to it.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:16 AM   #35
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I keep checking BBTS because Leo and Raph will be dropping in July. BBTS seemed to drop Donnie and Mike pretty early and they still have them in stock. I'm curious as to why it's taking so long for them to add Leo and Raph pre-orders, but I am most definitely purchasing Leo. I really enjoy the look of it...even though the price seems a bit outrageous.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #36
Coro
Mad Scientist

I am considering a Raph purchase, but I REALLY want to see a video review

Old 06-12-2018, 07:04 PM   #37
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I keep checking BBTS because Leo and Raph will be dropping in July. BBTS seemed to drop Donnie and Mike pretty early and they still have them in stock. I'm curious as to why it's taking so long for them to add Leo and Raph pre-orders, but I am most definitely purchasing Leo. I really enjoy the look of it...even though the price seems a bit outrageous.
Because the pre-order date from Big Boys Toys is June 14 so Leo and Raph should be up for pre-order soon. I remember for Don and Mike BBTS had the pre-order up a bit earlier than Big Boys Toys official pre-order date.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #38
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Raph and Leo are available on BBTS now:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search...214&Brand=2431

I already have my pre-order in for Leo. Pretty psyched for this figure.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #39
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Thank TURTLEWA for the thread find on these
I really like these. Very different and I feel the splinter pieces are a cool treat. Just don't feel the price is right for these at the time
Maybe I shall do a little waiting but then they might sell out

Last edited by wpugh2424; 07-02-2018 at 09:09 AM.
wpugh2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:45 AM   #40
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Thank TURTLEWA for the thread find on these
I really like these. Very different and I feel the spotter pieces are a cool treat. Just don't feel the price is right for these at the time
Maybe I shall do a little waiting but then they might sell out
With all the TMNT options nowadays its definitely not easy always picking and choosing what TMNT merch we want.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote