The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Could OT April and Casey Jones had worked as an item if the series bothered?
yes 6 20.69%
no 13 44.83%
Only if they drastically changed their characters 10 34.48%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

OT April and Casey Jones

Since no one bothered to answer this in Casey topic I decided to make this into it's own thread.

Does any one think if the old toon had bothered that April and Casey could have been an item too like the other versions of the franchise?

Since in every version of the turtles Casey and April had been an item I was wondering in the OT if they had made a Casey more of a recurring character like a regular side kick in the series and they had developed his character into more than just a hockey weilding masked thug and interacted with April more that they could have had a relationship eventually?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I'm not sure it would have worked with their characters in that version. It's really hard for me to say either way. I think a slight change to their characters would have been necessary on both sides. More on Casey's.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

They had a little interaction together in Season 8, which was sadly Casey's last appearance, but that was about it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
Scandia
Mad Scientist

It would have been possible if Casey's character had been better develop and he had been shown in more episodes.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
Revan
Han Shot First

OT April never seemed to be that interested in men. I just can't picture her with a boyfriend like in other mediums. And Casey's character was completely psycho.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
Scandia
Mad Scientist

April mentioned that she had dated a guy sometime during the Red Sky episodes. Other than that, she did not express interest in anyone else.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #7
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
It would have been possible if Casey's character had been better develop and he had been shown in more episodes.
Yeah. More episodes would have got the character to evolve into something a little more sympathetic, and I'd say, it would lead to something between the two.

Of course, I doubt that Casey and April ever even met in the OT. There was a third episode I haven't seen or forgotten with him in it, so I could be wrong.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #8
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Contrary to popular belief I think OT April could have worked with having a relationship. I'm not saying that it had to be Casey Jones. Even though she was a high flying career woman there where a few instances where April showed some interest in men in the OT. She thought Bug Man was "an incrediable hunk" and was "actually having a thing" for him until she saw he was a gross bug. And she showed intrest and agreed to a date to the Dean...what ever his name was in Raphael Drives 'Em Wild episode, so she wasn't totally asexual. I agree a bit more devleopment would have been needed in her out side life beyond her work and the turtles needed to be given but I think April having relationships wouldn't be too jarring in the OT.

Now...whether April and Casey in the OT would have worked like in other versions, I think some drastic change would have to be made to Casey's character more so than April's. I think April actually has the diversity of character and personaly to work with a relationship. But Casey's I think they would have to go more in depth with his personality to even keep up with April's character development, because as cool as Casey in the OT is one note. He smashes things and hates law breakers and doesn't appear to bright. To keep up with April (and not turn her completely off) he would have to be a bit smarter and have more nuanses to him as to why he hates law breakers and actually have something to him that might draw April's attraction (and her him) for them to work, and he would have to have screen time and solo interaction with each other. I could see them work together but the show would have had to do more with them.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote