The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-02-2019, 02:27 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Scooby Doo/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Movie (2020)

A big Hanna-Barbera/Scooby Doo crossover in the works for May 2020, featuring the voices of Will Forte, Gina Rodriguez, Tracy Morgan and Frank Welker

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...morgan-1177354
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:29 AM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

oh god this will wreck my scooby continuity project, damn I hope it's something silly like laugh a lympics where it's clearly just an alternate universe and they don't try to make it like it actually fits in continuity, I don't want no yogi in real scooby canon
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:38 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
oh god this will wreck my scooby continuity project, damn I hope it's something silly like laugh a lympics where it's clearly just an alternate universe and they don't try to make it like it actually fits in continuity, I don't want no yogi in real scooby canon
I'd be down with it if they still took orders from Top Cat
Old 03-02-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

*Hanna-Barbera

This is a Hanna, by name of William:

This is a Hannah:

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Fixed that.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Hanna-Barbera

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, the Flintstones, the Jetsons and the Superfriends were my favourite Hanna-Barbera series. Never cared for Scooby-Doo or Yogi Bear.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #7
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Your actually trying to make continuity with Scooby? It stopped at 13 Ghosts original series, don't include the new film it doesn't match any of the series I know and love about it. Heck, these new Scooby films are all over the place, with a sequell coming for Zombie Island how the heck will that connect to these films? Not to mention they sold the mystery machine in the last film, they just going to ride Daph new mystery film? Of course not, that's like Shaggy getting his red shirt back for the last film, this new Scooby writers crew just hated change.

Any ways, I thought this film would never get made, they keep changing things left and right in it I heard, than I heard it changed completely. I don't know how animal characters like Yogi Bear will mix in with Scooby and the gang, that's just odd.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #8
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

No Matthew Lillard as Shaggy hard pass
Old 03-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
No Matthew Lillard as Shaggy hard pass
He's obviously not too happy about this either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Lillard
Well this sucks.
What a crappy way to find out.... thanks Hollywood. You never sense to amaze me.

Cease. Duh.
https://twitter.com/MatthewLillard/s...41160820015104

‘Scooby-Doo’ Reboot: Shaggy Actor Matthew Lillard Wasn’t Told He Was Being Replaced

Last edited by ranger_scout; 03-02-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: An article about Lillard being replaced has now been written.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:25 PM   #10
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Unless Mathew Lillard is being permanently replaced I don’t think he should be that upset. Like the article said he’s had the role for quite awhile. I guess they should have at least informed him.

Anyway this sounds cool. Having a Hanna-Barbera crossover with Dick Dastardly sounds like a lot of fun.

Have only seen a few of the original Wacky Races but I’m fine with either portrayal or if they make a new one. The newest series is really good imo.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Your actually trying to make continuity with Scooby? It stopped at 13 Ghosts original series, don't include the new film it doesn't match any of the series I know and love about it. Heck, these new Scooby films are all over the place, with a sequell coming for Zombie Island how the heck will that connect to these films? Not to mention they sold the mystery machine in the last film, they just going to ride Daph new mystery film? Of course not, that's like Shaggy getting his red shirt back for the last film, this new Scooby writers crew just hated change.

Any ways, I thought this film would never get made, they keep changing things left and right in it I heard, than I heard it changed completely. I don't know how animal characters like Yogi Bear will mix in with Scooby and the gang, that's just odd.
Clearly you're not a Scooby Lore Scholar like I am if you are still getting stuck with those small obstacles in the timeline.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:03 AM   #12
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Clearly you're not a Scooby Lore Scholar like I am if you are still getting stuck with those small obstacles in the timeline.
Please help make sense of this mess than, in my opinion age is a big factor in this. You had the Scooby Doo Where are you series to the Scooby and Scrappy series in which the gang are teens, I can easily connect the 90s films with that because they are young adults at that point. Than you go to films like What's New Scooby Doo? Saga when they are teens again, now in the current films they seem younger due to the fact that in one film Daph was learning how to drive. And how does Velma not know Scrappy? They've only been traveling with each other for a good couple of years, unless her sanity has been slowly slipping due to the events that happened.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:39 AM   #13
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I don't consider anything after 13 Ghosts to be a proper continuation either. Different universes.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #14
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Warner Bros. is also in fact going to have celebrities voicing Fred and Daphne. Zac Efron has been cast as Fred and Amanda Seyfried will be voicing Daphne.

Warner Bros’ Animated Scooby-Doo Finds Its Fred & Daphne In Zac Efron & Amanda Seyfried
Old 04-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #15
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

This certainly proves that Warner Bros. is making a mistake by not getting the current voice actors to return for this film. Will Forte said that his voice for Shaggy is still a work in progress from around 1:31 to 1:57 of this video. Lillard can do that voice with no trouble whatsoever.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:52 AM   #16
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Right now it appears that Warner Bros. thinks that Frank Welker is replaceable in all of his well-known characters except for Scooby-Doo. Ken Jeong has been cast as Dynomutt, Dog Wonder, who was previously voiced by Welker. Plus, Kiersey Clemons will be voicing Dee Dee Skyes, one of Captain Caveman’s “Teen Angels”.

Ken Jeong & Kiersey Clemons Toon Up For Warner Bros.’ ‘Scoob’
Old 08-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #17
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

First look at Shaggy.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #19
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Well at least we are finally getting a theatrical Scooby Doo animated movie.

Last edited by drgon78; 11-09-2019 at 04:49 AM.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #20
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

The new voices will take some getting used to, but otherwise this look like a fun flick.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote