The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-29-2018, 05:37 AM   #61
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Tracer and Bayturtles made an appearance? I might have to check this one. Even Lara Croft is in it.

And the rottentomatoes reviews are fine too, so that’s nice.
I think you meant the Battletoads. But if the TMNT are in it. That's cool.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:27 AM   #62
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
Yeah, apparently the BayTurtles are in the movie. Ugh. Wish they would've gone for a more classic look ... but oh well.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #63
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Just saw the movie and enjoyed it. I have never read the book but that usually ruins the movie for me if I do that first.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #64
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

If you're thinking about the book, I highly recommend the audio version as narrated by Wil Wheaton.

Unless you don't like Wheaton, in which case...uh...ignore this.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:44 PM   #65
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

The BayTurtles are definitely in it. Both appearances are blink and you miss them.

I knew there we're going to be changes from the book but I didn't realize how different. The entire contest/hunt was completely different.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:18 PM   #66
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
The BayTurtles are definitely in it. Both appearances are blink and you miss them.

I knew there we're going to be changes from the book but I didn't realize how different. The entire contest/hunt was completely different.
I listen to the audiobook and plan on seeing it this weekend. I heard the flicksync in the book is in the movie also.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:35 PM   #67
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
If you're thinking about the book, I highly recommend the audio version as narrated by Wil Wheaton.

I prefer the thug notes version

Old 03-30-2018, 12:33 AM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

I think you soured me on Wil Wheaton somehow, ma'am. We both know how.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #69
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I prefer the thug notes version

!!!
That was amazing!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:40 PM   #70
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So it's clearly the PD guys, not the distant turtle-ish-looking humanoid(s) previously thought?

In a way I'm kind of glad, because I was kind of annoyed at the thought of just making turtle humanoids and saying "Oh, it's the TMNT," that don't really look like the TMNT and could be any other nameless humanoid turtle, while all other Easter eggs/cameos look like they're straight up obviously the characters, vehicles, etc that they are supposed to be.

Okay, I wanna see a pic. And I wanna know how this even ended up happening. Like... was there an "open call" for CGI characters and these boys showed up were submitted because they've got nothing better to do now? Or did it go the other way and they were requested?

Their own films suck, but that set grew on me a little (okay, mostly my fave), so the thought of them turning up somewhere else is kinda cool.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:30 PM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Like all the other cameos I'm sure there was a writer's room of everyone throwing ideas on a whiteboard of who they wanted. I'm sure somebody at some point said "How about TMNT?" Then Spielberg brokered the deal with Viacom and Nick either said "Sure, but use the CGI PD ones" or just said do whatever.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #72
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Like all the other cameos I'm sure there was a writer's room of everyone throwing ideas on a whiteboard of who they wanted. I'm sure somebody at some point said "How about TMNT?" Then Spielberg brokered the deal with Viacom and Nick either said "Sure, but use the CGI PD ones" or just said do whatever.
ILM did the visual effects for both, so obviously they used the version they already had CGI models built for.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:27 PM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, so didn't even have to hand them over, just give the okay then.

Agree that existing models is surely a factor, and that set are made to fit into a real world. A quick shot prob isn't worth building them new models for it, so I guess it's lucky there were suitable models already, else TMNT prob wouldn't get to play at all.

As far as using a more classic design... The Injustice 2 models could have worked if only they were not so recent. Slap on some more realistic textures and voilà.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:49 PM   #74
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I went to see the movie earlier tonight and the film was very entertaining and it also took me to another world. From the moment I saw Tye Sheridan in Mud I knew he was destined to be a star. I'm that Spielberg didn't waste his talents like Bryan Singer did in X-Men: Apocalypse. It was kind of strange to hear T.J. Miller's voice coming out of a threatening looking character like i-R0k. It kind of reminds me a little bit of hearing a non-menacing voice coming from the Alpha dog in Up. I really liked seeing some many iconic vehicles or characters from movies and video games even if they were only for about a minute or so.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:42 AM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw it. It's good but... it felt like something was missing to me, but maybe it's just me.
Spoiler:
I enjoyed the ride but it just left me feeling kind of hollow at the end. Like watching some kids play "Second Life" for two and a half hours, or something. They do a few things to introduce some stakes but I never really felt like anyone is in danger, and there's a lot of contrivances.

Yeah, people getting super excited for the cameos will indeed be disappointed.
Spoiler:
Chucky is the only one who really does anything beyond IG (who isn't even really Iron Giant or an NPC but just a skin one of the characters pilots) and the trailers spoiled it. Great entrance, though... they cash in their one PG-13 F bomb.
I also thought I'd missed the PD TMNT cameo but boom, there they are at some point. Be looking toward the right of the screen. Can't miss'em (but maybe you'll wish you had).

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-31-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:07 AM   #76
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Oh wow, just finished watching it. The main protagonist is the typical cliche trope: a weakass loser wuss turned hero which annoyed me a bit (and when he exposed his identity I just facepalmed so hard ...like what an idiot..), but other than that everything is just super amazing! So many references to the games and pop culture.

And yes, the Bayturtles are in this movie! I gasped loudly when I saw Don and Raph in action on the big screen again. I’m just so happy, genuinely pure joy.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:38 PM   #77
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
And yes, the Bayturtles are in this movie! I gasped loudly when I saw Don and Raph in action on the big screen again. I’m just so happy, genuinely pure joy.
If it was anything BUT that version, I'd feel the same way.

Just got back from the movie. It was all right, I guess. And yup, you can see a shot of the turtles in their OotS attire. Yuck!
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #78
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Ready Player One's opening weekend beat estimates in both North America and internationally. The film made $41.2 million over three days and a total of $53.2 million over four. That is higher than the $38M-$42M that analysts were predicting. Plus, it had a worldwide opening of $181.3 million, which also beat estimates of a $170 million opening.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/ready-pl...ce-1202318581/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #79
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Just saw it today and I loved it. Having read the book. Or rather listened to the Audiobook. It was better then I expected it. Plus I did see the TMNT and they were definitely the Turtles from the recent movies.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #80
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Saw it yesterday. Wasn't expecting much, my girlfriend and her friend and I really enjoyed it, it was definitely fun. Some parts were pretty ridiculous (mostly the "real world" stuff) but it didn't detract from the experience much. I'd definitely watch it again when it comes to streaming/Redbox so I can hunt for more Easter eggs
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ready sjw player one, ready_player_cuck, reddit player one, unrealistic expectations