The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #201
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Too rich for my blood this time.....I wish I could though! Very cool!
What's up for grabs?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #202
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Everyone will find out at 10amPST........but we are sworn to secrecy until then
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #203
drasgow
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Too rich for my blood this time.....I wish I could though! Very cool!
i ordered last time, and i don't think i got anything special in my email.
drasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #204
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasgow View Post
i ordered last time, and i don't think i got anything special in my email.
Same with me...I didn't receive an email but I ordered previously...checked spam and trash folders too...nothing.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #205
natecm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Everyone will find out at 10amPST........but we are sworn to secrecy until then
You're a good dude!

I'm now in the office & available for questions so let's let the world know. Think this needs a new thread?

Anyway:

TMNT: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 Deluxe Limited Edition Hardcover goes on sale at 10am pacific.

Red Label is signed, Black & Blue contain OA from TMNT co-creator: Kevin Eastman.

Also, CBR will be posting a review of the Red Label at 10am Pacific.
natecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #206
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by natecm View Post
You're a good dude!

I'm now in the office & available for questions so let's let the world know. Think this needs a new thread?

Anyway:

TMNT: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 Deluxe Limited Edition Hardcover goes on sale at 10am pacific.

Red Label is signed, Black & Blue contain OA from TMNT co-creator: Kevin Eastman.

Do we really need more of these? Is this just the ultimate collections for the hard cover with limited quantities and original art? I think you are going to see real fast that people are going to be unwilling to pay so much if you keep putting these out all the time, especially since they are rehashing of products that have already been produced. To be fair though, original art from Kevin might make it worth it for some.

Will these sell at the same price as the others, or will there be a higher premium for Kevin's art?

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #207
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You're a good dude!

Anyway:

Sweet...thanks for the info. I think it's better to keep it all in this thread...it's IDW Limited.

As an aside, I'm curious about what other TMNT comic completists are doing. These IDW Limited books are awesome (just got my Red Label Change Is Constant yesterday). The TMNT enthusiast in me loves that we're seeing so many super-creative and very well-made items but the collector in me is mourning the loss of the ability to collect everything. Collectibles of this magnitude (both in frequency and cost) are very new to us TMNT comic completists. We rarely had to deal with Mirage, Archie, or Image providing such limited and expensive collectibles and, when they did, it was very infrequent. Assuming this type of IDW Limited line continues with the TMNT series, I'm interested to see how other collectors are going to handle this. I've personally had to change my scope and just buy the Red Label of these IDW Limited editions to ensure I can continue collecting the actual TMNT comic books. Dropping $750-$1,000 every few months to get all 3 versions of the TMNT IDW Limited books is just not feasible for me. Are you other collectors going to continue buying all 3 (Red, Black, & Blue) versions of these IDW Limited books?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #208
natecm
Hench Mutant

CBR reviews the Red Label edition here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=5431
natecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #209
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
CBR reviews the Red Label edition here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=5431
I'm excited to know if people will drop 1,875 bucks to own all of these books...

Plus the red label doesn't come with original art either.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #210
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Sweet...thanks for the info. I think it's better to keep it all in this thread...it's IDW Limited.

As an aside, I'm curious about what other TMNT comic completists are doing. These IDW Limited books are awesome (just got my Red Label Change Is Constant yesterday). The TMNT enthusiast in me loves that we're seeing so many super-creative and very well-made items but the collector in me is mourning the loss of the ability to collect everything. Collectibles of this magnitude (both in frequency and cost) are very new to us TMNT comic completists. We rarely had to deal with Mirage, Archie, or Image providing such limited and expensive collectibles and, when they did, it was very infrequent. Assuming this type of IDW Limited line continues with the TMNT series, I'm interested to see how other collectors are going to handle this. I've personally had to change my scope and just buy the Red Label of these IDW Limited editions to ensure I can continue collecting the actual TMNT comic books. Dropping $750-$1,000 every few months to get all 3 versions of the TMNT IDW Limited books is just not feasible for me. Are you other collectors going to continue buying all 3 (Red, Black, & Blue) versions of these IDW Limited books?
I got a Blue each time so far. I figure if I am going to collect 1 of each limited release, I am going to make it the high end one.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #211
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
I'm excited to know if people will drop 1,875 bucks to own all of these books...

I'll buy the Red but there's just no way I can justify paying $2K for all of them. Even if I just did a Red, picked one Black, and then the Blue that's $825 !!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #212
dkram230
Stone Warrior

Quote:

If only it was that cheap! The whole set is $2,025 But that includes 5 "certified" hand drawn full color original art prints from Kevin Eastman himself. I see it as a steal when you look at it that way and the value original Eastman art of TMNT holds.

O- and I can't believe how lightening fast those Blue's sold out!!! I predict the Black label Raph to sellout next.
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #213
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
I'll buy the Red but there's just no way I can justify paying $2K for all of them. Even if I just did a Red, picked one Black, and then the Blue that's $825 !!
I think IDW is beginning to think that we turtle fans might be made out of money. I'm not sure but how did they think that making 325 of the red label would make sense? Aren't there still red labels of the last idw limited that are still left, and those seem like a better deal to me in that at least you get some art. If i'm remembering correctly there was also fewer of those.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #214
zodach
Foot Soldier

Yeah I think they may have made too many of the red labels for this set since they already have the standard release and b/w covers for the ultimate collection. The blue label and black label sets are where it's at
zodach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #215
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
I think IDW is beginning to think that we turtle fans might be made out of money. I'm not sure but how did they think that making 325 of the red label would make sense? Aren't there still red labels of the last idw limited that are still left, and those seem like a better deal to me in that at least you get some art. If i'm remembering correctly there was also fewer of those.
Nobody is making you buy these. You can easily purchase the deluxe hard cover off Amazon for $50 or so just like I did... If this isn't in your price range then IDW isn't marketing these to you...

-ms
Old 11-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #216
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Nobody is making you buy these. You can easily purchase the deluxe hard cover off Amazon for $50 or so just like I did... If this isn't in your price range then IDW isn't marketing these to you...

-ms
True. I do own the normal collections, but i just honestly don't undestand the need for 325 of the red labels

Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #217
Coro
Mad Scientist

My only complaint is that now that I have the good version I want to UN-BUY the old ones haha. I only really want 1 copy of each book
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #218
junkboy
Hench Mutant

I had passed the IDW Limited version of Change is Constant. and i do not feel much of a regret. But to be honest since this is classic material , even tho i own the normal edition HCs, i really would one of these.
If i was a TMNT - only collector , i would buy for sure. But while there are some other cash to be saved for other comics and figure/statues i guess i will be passing those as well.
also if it comes to a point that, IDW Limited starts to publish nearly every collection they publish also in those fancy formats, i know i will be unhappy at the end, since i am a completist and tryiing to buy every one of them is impossible for me.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #219
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I think these are fair prices for colored Eastman art....you don't see too many colored pieces pop up....I just cant afford this at the moment. I am sure I will be kicking myself in the future
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #220
rich
Mad Scientist

Bought my Red Label. Looking forward to getting this. Saw that the Blue was already sold out. Hope at least some of the buyers were fellow TMNT collectors. I'm pretty sure at least one buyer isn't. The same guy (I think - different user ID) messaged me again asking if I wanted to buy a "blue edition."

Also, maybe I was seeing things this AM, but did anyone else see that the Blue and Black labels both were priced at $350 initially? Now, the Blue price shows $495. Plus, the Red Label was $350 when I initially added it to my cart this morning.