The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-24-2017, 08:52 AM   #41
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I am going to wager that we get 2 or 3 different foot soldiers. Different weapons and heads/masks etc. Maybe 1 foot with enough accessories to make them look different enough. They will get plenty of mileage out of the male body tooling. Look what they have doing in daredevil/dr strange, batman stuff. I am sure the molds will work for Shredder/Casey as well.

Then you have April. I am betting the body base is available for her if you look at NECAs batman returns Catwoman etc. I am sure they want to produce other female 1/4 scales too for Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I never even thought of this. If that's the case, someone should have made a custom April already.
The NECA Catwomans are pretty easy to get ahold of. Have at it

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #42
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I never even thought of this. If that's the case, someone should have made a custom April already.
I've never made custom toys before, but I was doing research with other NECA figures trying to see who I could buy to make a Casey figure. There are a few Arnold Schwarzenegger figures that could fit the build. I would just get the head and mask 3d printed from somewhere. But now they announced Shredder and the Foot, I will be saving the money for them and keeping my fingers crossed for Casey. I think if Shredder sells well it's a no brainer to do Casey. They could just use the same body mold.

Also, I was watching a video with WWE's Zack Ryder (Huge TMNT fanatic) and he talked to Randy from NECA and they mentioned the Casey Mask was still waiting on licensing approval, so that might be why no Casey announced yet, and it's a hurdle they might be in the midst of jumping.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:48 AM   #43
DonatelloFan1984
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
I've never made custom toys before, but I was doing research with other NECA figures trying to see who I could buy to make a Casey figure. There are a few Arnold Schwarzenegger figures that could fit the build. I would just get the head and mask 3d printed from somewhere. But now they announced Shredder and the Foot, I will be saving the money for them and keeping my fingers crossed for Casey. I think if Shredder sells well it's a no brainer to do Casey. They could just use the same body mold.

Also, I was watching a video with WWE's Zack Ryder (Huge TMNT fanatic) and he talked to Randy from NECA and they mentioned the Casey Mask was still waiting on licensing approval, so that might be why no Casey announced yet, and it's a hurdle they might be in the midst of jumping.
When it comes to licensing Neca is one of the few companies that I trust to get it done. If they get the mask approved I would almost bet the house on Casey getting an official release.
DonatelloFan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #44
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan1984 View Post
When it comes to licensing Neca is one of the few companies that I trust to get it done. If they get the mask approved I would almost bet the house on Casey getting an official release.
Especially when they are already planning to do Raph from that scene.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:43 PM   #45
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I am going to wager that we get 2 or 3 different foot soldiers. Different weapons and heads/masks etc. Maybe 1 foot with enough accessories to make them look different enough. They will get plenty of mileage out of the male body tooling. Look what they have doing in daredevil/dr strange, batman stuff. I am sure the molds will work for Shredder/Casey as well.

Then you have April. I am betting the body base is available for her if you look at NECAs batman returns Catwoman etc. I am sure they want to produce other female 1/4 scales too for Marvel.
All of the Foot Soilders in the movie were the smae besides a few different weapons. NECA will just make one foot soilder at this scale.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #46
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

So are we thinking we probably won't get a teaser of these guys until possibly Toy Fair next year?
Old 09-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #47
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
So are we thinking we probably won't get a teaser of these guys until possibly Toy Fair next year?
I think NYCC is a safer bet
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #48
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:

So far, the 1/4 scale figures don't share the same mold. DareDevil is different than Dr. Strange or any of the Batman figures.... So I don't know what you're talking about.
Catwoman's mold can't be used to make an April figure. Just because it's the same scale doesn't mean they can share the same mold.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:42 PM   #49
Ginrai
Random Punk

Nobody has mentioned Raph has his hat and Jose Canseco bat standing in the background of that picture. Heh
Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:03 PM   #50
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginrai View Post
Nobody has mentioned Raph has his hat and Jose Canseco bat standing in the background of that picture. Heh
This thread is about shredder and the foot soldiers. If you look at the other thread you can see that it is discussed there.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #51
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Man ... I must have NECA 1990 Turtles on the brain. Had a dream the other night that NECA finally released photos of the 1/4th Shredder and it ended up being the 1987 FW look ... and then we were all confused.

It's still a pinch me moment that we're actually getting my favorite look for Shredder in an awesome figure form.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #52
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Man ... I must have NECA 1990 Turtles on the brain. Had a dream the other night that NECA finally released photos of the 1/4th Shredder and it ended up being the 1987 FW look ... and then we were all confused.

It's still a pinch me moment that we're actually getting my favorite look for Shredder in an awesome figure form.
I'm kind of ambivalent about the Shredder and foot ninja honestly. It was hard enough to not laugh at the movie version of shredder when you realize you are looking at a fully grown man who's wearing purple/magenta sequins thats covered in spikes and he has a leopard print cape. It's like something from "Hair Metal on Ice" Or maybe something leftover from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm just not sure that this will translate well for the shredder or the foot clan in figure form.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #53
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
It was hard enough to not laugh at the movie version of shredder when you realize you are looking at a fully grown man who's wearing purple/magenta sequins thats covered in spikes and he has a leopard print cape.
To each their own for sure. I feel like you can laugh at anything within popular geek culture if you remove yourself from it.

Honestly, Shredder in the 1990 movie always feels like a dangerous threat every time I watch it and a legitimate badass. I'm confident that both the Foot and Shredder will turn out incredible.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:35 AM   #54
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
To each their own for sure. I feel like you can laugh at anything within popular geek culture if you remove yourself from it.

Honestly, Shredder in the 1990 movie always feels like a dangerous threat every time I watch it and a legitimate badass. I'm confident that both the Foot and Shredder will turn out incredible.
I always thought Shredder was a badass as well. Then I watched Ni**a Turtles. Now that's the only Shredder I see and hear when I see the movie version.

"Look into my eyes, now look at this motherf'ing left."
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #55
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I wonder if Shredder is going to come with the cape he wore at the beginning of the film? I'm sure the sculpt will mostly be based on his look at the final battle of the movie.

What an iconic look this version had.
You bring up an interesting point, I always wondered what happened to his cape in the film. It disappeared my the midpoint without explanation. Was there any reason ever given?
Old 09-04-2017, 02:02 PM   #56
Powder
So tired of this place

It's ill advised to do ninjutsu in a cape.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #57
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The cape was for theatrics to impress the kids that would be future Foot Ninja, only Batman can do Ninjutsu in a cape
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #58
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The cape was for theatrics to impress the kids that would be future Foot Ninja, only Batman can do Ninjutsu in a cape
And the Batusi. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYA8Gr5NTY
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #59
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Batusi and the Cur-Lee maneuver is the ultimate Ninja technique.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #60
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Yeah-- that just means Shredder is super confident in his ninjitsu AND then-modern 90's fashion. The Shredder costume design is essentially a FAB pink sequined Foot soldier suit, anyway.

It's easily my favorite adaptation of the character. Hopefully NECA doesn't tone down the more... eclectic elements of the design.

Any accessory theories/wishlists? Spear and cape, obviously. Perhaps a CRT TV with a dagger lodged in the screen? Loose Dragon Doji headband for him to hold? A can of turtle soup?
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote