The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 10:29 AM   #61
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I agree with this sentiment, it's incredibly offensive.
Additionally I'd like to see this thread be locked and disposed of; giving any airtime to people like the 'Quartering' and his ilk on youtube, or some of the attitudes I've seen in this thread is nothing but waste of time and energy or to put it another way: DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

I'd like to think the members of this forum can be better than that.

BIN THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY
I personally think it's important certain topics he brings up are important. Perhaps not the subject of this thread but certainly most I've seen. I mean is this okay? Should it not be reported on?

pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:52 AM   #62
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I personally think it's important certain topics he brings up are important. Perhaps not the subject of this thread but certainly most I've seen. I mean is this okay? Should it not be reported on?
That kind of video has a valid purpose and there will always be exceptions (and the Quartering is by no means the worst of the "reporter"-type youtubers), but the general negative click-bait videos focusing on various fandoms (TMNT, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc) are nothing a cheap and easy way of getting ad revenue from the ignorant vocal minorities associated with them.

As I've posted on a number of these videos: Wait until you've seen the final product before passing judgement, until then everything is hearsay and wild theories.

As for the disgusting comments about Sophie; none of that bears any witness to the quality of her work and does not belong on here.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #63
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Thank you, hypered1! <3
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #64
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I agree with this sentiment, it's incredibly offensive.
Additionally I'd like to see this thread be locked and disposed of; giving any airtime to people like the 'Quartering' and his ilk on youtube, or some of the attitudes I've seen in this thread is nothing but waste of time and energy or to put it another way: DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

I'd like to think the members of this forum can be better than that.

BIN THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY
IMO legit criticism isn't offensive and shouldn't be silenced if someone doesn't like it.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #65
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Playing devil's advocate but actually it would make sense now, more than in NT:TNM. Now I'm anti-shell boobs entirely and wouldn't want to see them anywhere period (now 4-6 boobs on Alopex, as probably there would be? maybe).. but Jennika is a human becoming turtle, not a turtle becoming a big turtle, which is what happened to the main Turtles in IDW as well as NT:TNM. Could be some latent human DNA doing weird stuff there, no?

I personally headcanon that human mammalian traits could show up on a human to reptilian mutant. But not shell boobs. On a chameleon or gecko or something maybe. But it's just dumb on a turtle because its not like they can be used behind the plastron. At most you could maybe denote a more feminine build with a suggestion of hips and slimmer body. But the whole "shell" thing gets in the way.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:38 AM   #66
Mr Salk
Thug

The best thing about this forum is that everyone knows the definition of Plastron.
Mr Salk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:38 AM   #67
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
IMO legit criticism isn't offensive and shouldn't be silenced if someone doesn't like it.
That's my point, most of those videos aren't legitimate criticism. They take tiny scraps of often rumoured information, twist them around and then spew out a tirade of nonsense created by their own demented minds.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #68
Allio
Foot Elite

I'm assuming that since it was Leonardo's blood itself that did the trick, that Jenny's mutation takes more after Leonardo rather than just being a turtle itself.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #69
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salk View Post
The best thing about this forum is that everyone knows the definition of Plastron.
I thought you were being sarcastic so I googled plastron to make sure I wasn't being stupid.

^^^^
Old 07-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #70
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salk View Post
I know, right? As a zoology/biology nerd, I really enjoy that.

Regarding the criticisms, I'll say this: IDW TMNT was built on different concepts and pushing the envelope from the get-go. The resurrection angle, Hob as a Magneto-like figure for mutants, Shredder and Krang being mortal enemies, Splinter taking over the Foot Clan, yada, yada, yada. And everyone loves them. But all of a sudden a new concept that pushes the envelope of what can be done with the franchise pops up, and people start losing their minds? Why, exactly? Because it's a female Turtle? Meh, I say. It's not legitimate at all. It's cherry picking. Smart money says the loudest critics aren't even fans of this iteration.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #71
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Playing devil's advocate but actually it would make sense now, more than in NT:TNM. Now I'm anti-shell boobs entirely and wouldn't want to see them anywhere period (now 4-6 boobs on Alopex, as probably there would be? maybe).. but Jennika is a human becoming turtle, not a turtle becoming a big turtle, which is what happened to the main Turtles in IDW as well as NT:TNM. Could be some latent human DNA doing weird stuff there, no?
You bring up a valid point.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #72
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Yeah imagine lactating breasts leaking inside of her shell and then the milk starts to rot inside her body. Totally valid point. Because bewbs r hawt.

^^^^
Old 07-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #73
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I know, right? As a zoology/biology nerd, I really enjoy that.

Regarding the criticisms, I'll say this: IDW TMNT was built on different concepts and pushing the envelope from the get-go. The resurrection angle, Hob as a Magneto-like figure for mutants, Shredder and Krang being mortal enemies, Splinter taking over the Foot Clan, yada, yada, yada. And everyone loves them. But all of a sudden a new concept that pushes the envelope of what can be done with the franchise pops up, and people start losing their minds? Why, exactly? Because it's a female Turtle? Meh, I say. It's not legitimate at all. It's cherry picking. Smart money says the loudest critics aren't even fans of this iteration.
Isnt it because the character in question came to being as a DeviantArt fanfic?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #74
Allio
Foot Elite

Are you implying rotting milk isn't hot?
Old 07-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #75
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
The character in question isn't called Artemisia, is she? Like I asked before somewhere around here, how many different ways and colors can a mutant ninja turtle be drawn? Especially if it's a character meant to fit in with the OG Turtles, which of course rules out Slash's various artistic interpretations.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #76
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I dont think so. Jennika wasnt derived from fanfiction. But the basic design...maybe? Just because her bandanna is yellow I guess? Personally I'm against Jennika having a mask....already. Feels like she might be adapting to the idea of being a mutant turtle too quickly.

And yes rotting milk is hot but not in the context I'm talking about. Also it's usually room temperature.

^^^^
Old 07-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #77
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
I dont think so. Jennika wasnt derived from fanfiction. But the basic design...maybe? Just because her bandanna is yellow I guess? Personally I'm against Jennika having a mask....already. Feels like she might be adapting to the idea of being a mutant turtle too quickly.
It's a mutant ninja turtle. Even the originals couldn't be told apart except for their weapons, and later their colors. There's hardly any leeway there to innovate wildly in her design. Mutant Jennika was always gonna look like Artemisia or Venus or what-have-you, because that's what they all are: mutant ninja turtles.

Quote:
And yes rotting milk is hot but not in the context I'm talking about. Also it's usually room temperature.
Okay, now I vote this thread should be closed. And hurled into the sun.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:15 PM   #78
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Whaaat? I was just answering Allio.

But honestly I don't care. I've made my case. If the higher ups want to close this thread so be it. I think it's been mostly civil so far. Surprisingly. Shockingly.

^^^^
Old 07-20-2019, 01:20 PM   #79
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Whaaat? I was just answering Allio.

But honestly I don't care. I've made my case. If the higher ups want to close this thread so be it. I think it's been mostly civil so far. Surprisingly. Shockingly.
I was joking, of course. The "hurled into the sun" bit should've tipped you off.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:24 PM   #80
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Okay, now I vote this thread should be closed.

Chosen, don't minimod.

As for the coloring, yeah. If you were to actually add another turtle to the group yellow is the only one you can go with as to represent the primary and secondary colors (With green being a no-go) and not make the new turtle stand up.

The only thing that really connects Jenny and Art, is that they have a bow and arrow - and even then we have just seen Jenny with it only in concept art. The two official images we have seen (a cover and panel) she doesn't have it.