The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
funatic
Mad Scientist

First TMNT Film 30th Anniversary SDCC Panel

https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/...eo/TF28DuRmAbk

Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie presents a bit of history of the making of this iconic film with panel guests producer Kim Dawson, writer and ex-offico producer Bobby Herbeck, and moderated by The Old Turtle Den's creator Chris Castaneda.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #2
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Most of the stuff they talk about most of us already knew long time ago, i hope theres some more stuff in future documentary and some rare material will get released, they focus a lot on stuff around financing , financial impact and all that business stuff that not really interesting for us but i get that producers excitement on huge return from box office , not much talk about actual filming and memories from the set is a bit disappointing but its still great to hear them after all these years, i hope they will push this more and release everything there is associated with the movie.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:22 PM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor

The biggest information drop we got was at the very end, where it seems like it's said that Warner Brothers has actually remastered the film, which is what would be featured in the Fandango event (if that is able to happen). I would only presume that this would then be released on Blu-Ray.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:52 AM   #4
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Yeah but there isnt much to remaster because existing blurays are very decent quality, i hope they dont mean film grain removal.
What they could do is seeking for all existing behind the scenes footage to release it as extras.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #5
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The biggest information drop we got was at the very end, where it seems like it's said that Warner Brothers has actually remastered the film, which is what would be featured in the Fandango event (if that is able to happen). I would only presume that this would then be released on Blu-Ray.
If they remaster it, maybe they can use some CG to fix some scenes...like how for some parts you can see the actor in the suits. Maybe use CGI to fix small things like that...outside of that, just leave it alone.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Hoag’s Twitter has suggested that a big announcement is incoming tomorrow

https://twitter.com/heyjude629/statu...797960706?s=21

Last edited by The Turtle Terminator; 08-10-2020 at 01:25 PM.
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:59 PM   #7
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
If they remaster it, maybe they can use some CG to fix some scenes...like how for some parts you can see the actor in the suits. Maybe use CGI to fix small things like that...outside of that, just leave it alone.
Amen.

The "Face in the mouth" thing can be cleaned up. Do that and leave the rest alone.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:07 PM   #8
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

The Bluray is gorgeous, but a really nice 4K transfer would be wonderful.

There's supposedly a documentary focused on the movie in the works, so maybe some sort of box set announcement?

Maybe Rogen did the right thing and cast Hoag as April?

Maybe Hoag is finally (positively) responding to my frequent marriage proposals?
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:54 PM   #9
Galactus
Foot Elite

About using cgi to cover up the flaws in the movie I'd be all for it. It wouldn't be like a Star Wars were we wouldn't have the originals available.

I don't know how true it is but back prior to the Nick sale I remember reading Laird had some scenes from the movie 'fixed' with cgi presumably for a potential remaster but to also show movie studios what a combination of costumes and cgi could do.

I'd love for them do the same with this. Use it as a proof of concept to movie studios that this approach is possible then we can forget all about this Seth Rogan nonsense.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote